Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, doclord said:

Snow White/Prince Florian

Cinderella/Prince Charming

Aurora/Prince Philip

Tiana/Naveen

And up to four other figures we don't know about.

Ah nice! Hopefully there’s figures from newer films: I’d love Merida, Rapunzel and Flynn

Has Lego stopped doing back printing for the new dress pieces? I know there were none in the CMF line but seeing Cinderella here without it makes me realize I haven't seen them do printing ont he slope of the dress for a while.

I wonder how much of a prototype the leaked Cinderella is. The three skirts seem to have varying printed sparkles. (The actual CMFs were much better looking than the leaked ones.)

14 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Ah nice! Hopefully there’s figures from newer films: I’d love Merida, Rapunzel and Flynn

I want Belle and the Beast…

5 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I want Belle and the Beast…

Those would be good too! I reckon there’s a strong chance this gives us most of the missing characters apart from Snow White and the prince from Sleeping Beauty (as both seem to have potentially been planned for sets next year)

Theyre not really a good fit for the castle but I hope Lego realise the profitability of Encanto so we get Mirabel and Bruno figures soon rather than later 

Not a minidoll collector, but noticed that the recently released "princess battle pack" does not include Snow White, Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella. I wonder if this means that there will be another minidoll set for the 100th anniversary?

I believe most if not all those minidoll hairpieces have been used on their minifig counterparts. So I am hoping that those minidolls that have not yet crossed over to the minifig side, soon make it!

Set 43230 has been revealed as Walt Disney Camera, which includes a figure of Walt Disney himself. $100

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Set 43230 has been revealed as Walt Disney Camera, which includes a figure of Walt Disney himself. $100

Does it include a cryogenic vault to place his body in? :grin:

3 hours ago, doclord said:

What a weird thing to do, he was a producer more than he was a director, right? I guess a checkbook wouldnt look as good on a shelf  tho.

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Does it include a cryogenic vault to place his body in? :grin:

'afraid you'll only be able to fit his head inside

Edited by PGBQW

On 5/18/2023 at 4:00 PM, OttoRiver said:

Has Lego stopped doing back printing for the new dress pieces? I know there were none in the CMF line but seeing Cinderella here without it makes me realize I haven't seen them do printing ont he slope of the dress for a while.

Somebody pointed this out when I asked a similar question, but the Cinderella photo leaks have the slope backwards. There may be printing on the front.

19 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

Somebody pointed this out when I asked a similar question, but the Cinderella photo leaks have the slope backwards. There may be printing on the front.

There is printing on the front. 

Expensive set to just get Walt alone. I would not mind it if it included more classic characters like Oswald's friends or the regular Mickey gang in 100th outfits.

I like the sound of that! Getting a Walt minifig is definitely cool, not sure however  about the camera as a concept. A drawing board would have made more sense IMO, but it seems they were inspired by that famous picture :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Yeah, I figured the leak had the skirt piece on backwards, but it got me thinking about how odd to not continue the sparkles, hip bustles onto the back of the skirt as well. The princesses in the CMF didn't have back printing for their skirts either and I was unsure if there was a design reason to not include it or if Lego had just stopped the practice all together. Last I can recall having back printing on the skirt was Tan We from 75333 which came out August of last year so maybe a new rule?

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I like the sound of that! Getting a Walt minifig is definitely cool, not sure however  about the camera as a concept. A drawing board would have made more sense IMO, but it seems they were inspired by that famous picture :shrug_oh_well:

What famous picture are you referring to?

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This one:

That makes sense. Hopefully its a decent set.

On 5/4/2023 at 9:59 AM, BacktoBricks said:

So when do we think we will get news of the rest of this year's sets? As far as I can tell we still know nothing of:

43223 Disney Animation 6 $19.99

43224 Disney Animation 7 $99.99

43230 Disney Animation 5 $119.99

43231 Disney Animation 11 $49.99

43232 Disney Animation 6 $59.99

I'm hoping for more sets in the style of the UP house. Displayable builds that give us some of the minifigures, princesses and princes that are so glaringly missing from this year's line up.

With 43230 being the Walt Disney camera, we only have one more ‘substantial’ set and three smaller ones unknown…

Any guesses?

Kinda bummed out with the info about the brick-built fireworks accounting for some of the extra bricks on the castle. Those are better off in a printed background.

Edited by hikouki

Maybe another Pixar set? The iconic Pizza Planet delivery truck in Speed Champions scale would be cool to see. It would make sense, but be very expensive, even at 20 bucks. ...unless they included the restaurant itself! (at a higher price point, of course!)

Edited by Murdoch17

I assume the prices on 43230 and 43224 were switched as 43230 is the $99 set.

I hope the $120 set is a detailed Rapunzel Tower with minifigs of Rapunzel, Flynn, Mother Gothel, and a Pascal and Maximus thrown in. Would be nice to see especially if Rapunzel doesn't show up in the Castle. I feel like they will want to get all of the Disney Princesses out before they are through.

I'm just hoping for no more brickbuilt characters/objects. There are some nice builds or characters they haven't touched that i'd love to see

31 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Maybe another Pixar set? The iconic Pizza Planet delivery truck in Speed Champions scale would be cool to see. It would make sense, but be very expensive, even at 20 bucks. ...unless they included the restaurant itself! (at a higher price point, of course!)

ooohh I love the idea of a Pizza Planet truck! We had one back in 2010, but it was very oddly scaled.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a Seven Dwarfs' Cottage either this year or next year. I just hope it isn't as huge as the leaked prototype b/c that would only drive up the price. I'd love to see something in the scale of Carl's house from Up--large enough to include details/easter eggs, but still more of a playset and not a USC-type set.

I'm genuinely surprised we're getting a minifigure of Walt himself, since the company has never really produced a lot of merchandise in his likeness. It's not really a must-have for me, but I'm sure the set will sell well.

As far as other properties I'd love to see represented in a set, my top picks would be Mary Poppins, Ratatouille, and The Haunted Mansion (I know we had that micro-scale HM last year, but there's potential for so much more).

2 hours ago, hikouki said:

With 43230 being the Walt Disney camera, we only have one more ‘substantial’ set and three smaller ones unknown…

Any guesses?

Honestly I don't know at the point. There's so much material they could cover and then you find one of the sets is not even film related as such so goodness knows. Top of my list would be a Heroes Icons to match the Villians, a tower with Rapunzel, Eugene and Mother Gothel, and something Brave related so we get a Merida minifigure.