Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

The castle better not be minidolls. I hope we can see Cinderella and her prince and Belle and the Beast. I doubt Snow White would be included though which is a shame since this might be the only opportunity for her prince to be included. A human Ariel with Eric would be lovely as well as Jasmine in a purple dress with Aladdin in his Prince Ali garb. And if we could get Aurora in blue along with Prince Phillip in his formal outfit (not the forest outfit from the dragon set), I would be very pleased. Rapunzel and Flynn are popular enough as well that I could expect to see them included.

@bRICKbRAT didn't you mention earlier that we can expect to see Belle and Gaston included in a set? I wonder if the castle set is the one that will feature them unless they're included with the buildable Lumiere and Cogsworth sets. Perhaps a BATB minifigure included alongside each buildable character? 

I wonder what the Peter Pan set will depict? The Darlings' nursery? I'm just glad we can expect a proper Wendy minifigure but I do hope the leaker isn't mixing this set up with that ghastly minidoll set based on the live-action remake since it seems too good to be true that we'd get another Peter Pan set so soon that could make up for the sins of the first.

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope the Castle doesn't use minidolls tho :tongue:

That would completely ruin the set imo.

Jup. No minifigs, no purchase :tongue:

Looking through the Reddit threads, FluffySky6 doesn't remember seeing any traditional Disney minifigures (Such as Mickey or Minnie) in the minifigure lineup, which seems to be entirely focused on princesses and princes.  He also stated that the castle has a printed clock that he directly compares to the one on the 40478 Mini Disney Castle, but larger.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The Sleeping Beauty castle doesn't have a clock which means this is probably an updated version of the Cinderella Castle.

I was really hoping it would be Sleeping Beauty's Castle this time.  A remake is the last thing I thought it would be.

Yikes! I hope that the mega Disney castle isn’t just a newer version of the Disneyworld / Cinderella’s castle. That seems like a huge missed opportunity to me. 

Surely it has to be the Disneyland (LA / Paris) / Sleeping Beauty castle? Or at least the Beast’s / Prince Adam’s castle? Something different. 

As much as us Disney fans know the Beast’s Castle and it is beautiful .. I’m not sure it’s iconic enough in general terms. It would also feature only a few minifigures, Belle, Beast ( possibly in both forms ) Gaston, LeFou, Maurice. I don’t think Lego ( also don’t think Disney would allow it ) wouldn’t mix characters from different movies into that particular set. I think it’ll be a park castle .. all we gotta do now is wait for a leak or two 😁

So Belle, Cinderella and Merida are probably in this set, and therefore Beast and Prince Charming (and maybe another Brave character). But would we get an early access Snow White?

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope the Castle doesn't use minidolls tho :tongue:

That would completely ruin the set imo.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Jup. No minifigs, no purchase :tongue:

Genuinely curious as to why minifigures vs minidolls would sway you over a $400 set. I the actual figures themselves that you want and the bricks are just background? Or that the inclusion of minidolls suggests a simpler or lower quality build (which I don't think is true of Elsa's Ice Palace, but I can see how it could be more detailed and advanced in some areas). Or is it just a bit of internet hyperbole (which is also fine)?

I don't really value minifigures that much, and the build is a much larger part of the value equation to me. And Brickset has just released an article of the 10 most expensive minifigures, most of which are in the thousands!! Hence the curiosity over what drives you.

2 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Genuinely curious as to why minifigures vs minidolls would sway you over a $400 set.

Minidolls and minifigs look awkward next to each other in a collection. I didn’t mind the ones in the TLM2 sets as it was on a meta level, but here it would just be inconsistent. Also, as a completionist (sort of), I cannot justify getting this while ignoring all the other minidoll sets from the last few years. I have an all-or-nothing mentality when it comes to collecting, for the most part :grin:

7 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Not sure if everyone’s seen them, but based on FluffySky6’s leaks on Reddit, FalconFan has posted new information:

43222: Disney Castle will have 4837 pieces and comes with a variety of princess and prince couples.

There will be a set that comes with Peter Pan, Wendy, and Tinkerbell, and is similar in size/piece count to the Up house. 

There will also be buildable characters of Lumiére and Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast, and potentially others. 

Overall, they sound exciting. The castle will be a good way to fill in that princess gap that we have, and it will be cool to see more buildable characters. Hopefully they’ll be the same quality as the leaked Simba. 

We don’t need another Peter Pan and tinkerbell, especially after just getting them in the Disney train. Give us new characters! Hoping for a decent Rapunzel tower this year with minifigs 🤞

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Minidolls and minifigs look awkward next to each other in a collection. I didn’t mind the ones in the TLM2 sets as it was on a meta level, but here it would just be inconsistent. Also, as a completionist (sort of), I cannot justify getting this while ignoring all the other minidoll sets from the last few years. I have an all-or-nothing mentality when it comes to collecting, for the most part :grin:

Ha! Fair enough! :laugh:

Also reminder that the person who leaked Microscale Hogwarts Grounds said Belle and Gaston are coming in a set this year. As Belle is probably in the castle, Gaston may be as well, so maybe we will be getting assorted villains in this set.

56 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Genuinely curious as to why minifigures vs minidolls would sway you over a $400 set. I the actual figures themselves that you want and the bricks are just background? Or that the inclusion of minidolls suggests a simpler or lower quality build (which I don't think is true of Elsa's Ice Palace, but I can see how it could be more detailed and advanced in some areas). Or is it just a bit of internet hyperbole (which is also fine)?

I don't really value minifigures that much, and the build is a much larger part of the value equation to me. And Brickset has just released an article of the 10 most expensive minifigures, most of which are in the thousands!! Hence the curiosity over what drives you.

I don't really care, as I wouldn't buy the set anyway. 

I just like looking at minifigures much more than at minidolls :tongue:

*chanting* Beast bigfig! Beast bigfig! Beast bigfig!

I'm sure it's the Disneyland castle. I really doubt they'd do a second castle just because they did the Disneyland castle in the past. It was expensive enough that few people have it, and this one is a lot more palatable to consumers.

I don’t see how it would be crazy for LEGO to rerelease the Disney Castle again. 

The set was still a huge seller well before it was announced to be retired.

Also, the Cinderella Castle in Florida did receive a new color scheme since the launch of the original set. 

So it’s possible that LEGO would rerelease the Disney Castle with those updated Pink and Blue colors. 

It would still be different enough to justify rereleasing it.

Plus Disney announced that they were keeping the new color scheme well after the 50th anniversary celebration.

Edited by bRICKbRAT

Another reason this could very likely be the Cinderella Castle again is that Lego treated the Death Star set very similarly. It was on shelf for much longer than an ordinary set due to its popularity and price but as soon as it retired, they almost immediately re-released it as a "new" version which only had minimal changes but with a much higher price if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, stroud1492 said:

We don’t need another Peter Pan and tinkerbell, especially after just getting them in the Disney train. Give us new characters! Hoping for a decent Rapunzel tower this year with minifigs 🤞

It does seem very strange that they would make a new set featuring those exact same two characters. I was considering picking up the Disney train just for the new Tinker Bell wings but now I guess I should hold off and wait for this set instead. I'm glad we're finally getting a Wendy but they really should have thought about including Michael and John as well. In fact, I'd rather have seen them than another Tinker Bell.

If the printed clock is true, I don’t see any possible way it’s the Disneyland castle, or am I missing something?

I mean I personally think it’ll be an updated castle with the new color scheme and will have new themed rooms for the additional characters that weren’t captured in the last one. That’s more than enough change to justify re-releasing such a great selling set. Look how minimal the changes were for the tumbler re-release… 

Would love some side builds with it but regardless I’m definitely in the day 1 purchase group. 

With so many castles to go at, either film based or park based, would be a shame to get an updated re-release.
I'd love to see a Disneyland Paris castle, complete with dragon in the dungeon.

Having seen the lunar new year parade floats, i'd also love to get some Disney themed floats to complement the castle.