Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The three vaults are the Potter‘s, the Lestrange‘s, and the one where the PS was kept :classic: Too bad the PS isn‘t shown on any of the pictures

ah right that makes sense

29 minutes ago, domen151 said:

Brick Clicker has a video with all the pictures on his Clicker+ channel :)

What's a Clicker+ channel? I couldn't find it on his IG nor on his YT. 

Looks like the PS is represented by a printed 1x2 tile (held by Hagrid in one of the pictures) :classic: Makes sense, as it was inside a parcel in the scene.

Love the soaking wet alternative faces for the trio!

1 minute ago, krimimimi said:

What's a Clicker+ channel? I couldn't find it on his IG nor on his YT. 

Just google it, it was a normal clip, but with a lot of commercials *huh*

1 hour ago, FF4266 said:

GRINGOT TS BANK… that could have been done better than with the stickers. 

It stands out so bad the gap in Gringotts.

Thoughts on first look:

The vaults are done well but I wish they weren't in the set.

I like the interior of the bank downstairs but upstair seems very empty.

Is there no interior to the pet shop? It seems sealed on all sides.

Dragon head is great, body needs tweaking.

I feel like the bank looks very fat in image, it might just be the angle. 

I thought them might make new piece for the dome of roof but no. 

Wall on the right is boring, another shop would have been great.

The image of it displayed with diagon alley shows all the issues with it. It's not designed to go with it so the wall on the right is all wrong. It blocks off the street. And the pet shop is tiny compared to the other shop. Lots of modification needed to make it right. The bank looks like it should be taller to fit with the street. 

I'm a bit sad. It looked so promising in the blurry image. 

Edited by Micmac

Looks like we finally also got Hermione’s magic bag in the form of a printed Minifigure head with a flower pice on top 

7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks like the PS is represented by a printed 1x2 tile (held by Hagrid in one of the pictures) :classic: Makes sense, as it was inside a parcel in the scene.

where'd you see that pic i cant seem to find it anywhere

2 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Looks like we finally also got Hermione’s magic bag in the form of a printed Minifigure head with a flower pice on top 

Ohhh, I was wondering what that purple cactus-looking thing was supposed to represent :laugh_hard: 

Just now, Surge said:

where'd you see that pic i cant seem to find it anywhere

In Brick Clicker‘s video :classic:

not really a fan of how its not a full straight line with the sets connected...

Edited by Surge

I really like it, only gripes are the dragon. I was hoping somehow it would be more of a Smaug. The main thing I don’t like and am tempted to mod is the pet shop, it just gives me strong 2023 WWW vibes and in general it’s ugly and unneeded. I may follow the building instructions and mod that into a London building which compliments Gringotts better. Love the mini figures, glad they didn’t go overboard on randoms we didn’t need. Love the variety of goblins and Bellatrix dress print again finally. Definitely going to the picking this up as my first Collectors Set. I do actually love the mine system and cart the most. 

Edited by Alex6

20 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Just google it, it was a normal clip, but with a lot of commercials *huh*

Did that in the first place, and no joy. Still no joy. There is, in fact, now a thorough lack of joy here. lol I don't have a IG account, and I'm not sure if that's making the difference.

Can someone please DM me the link? Thanks, @RichardGoring and @Roebuck you are, uh, studs amongst AFOLs? 😆 Greatly appreciated. 😊

Edited by krimimimi

It’s tiny! When you look at the image of it lined up with Diagon alley the three floors of Gringotts are roughly the same height as the Quidditch shop’s two floors!

I’m actually really disappointed in this. This was one of my definite sets for the year and I’d been looking forward to it since I got Diagon Alley a couple years ago. 

Considering it’s roughly the same price as Diagon Alley, which has four baseplates, I expected the building to be much, much bigger in comparison. The interior of Gringotts also seems very cramped!

When I saw the rumours of the underground minecart system I assumed it would be a lot smaller, particularly as it would be detachable and hard to display. I’d assumed it would be split approximately 3000 pieces for the main building (similar to a normal modular) and 1800 for the underground. 

This has gone from a definite purchase to a likely skip for me. I want to display it with my other sets and for me the top half itself isn’t justifying anywhere near that price. I’ll have to hope that they’ll release a building only version in future that is compatible with DA…

I wonder if the wall portion on the left of Gringotts is able to connect to Olivanders in the straight line format because that’s the way I would ideally display it and the mine cart would be displayed separately. 

8 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Can someone please DM me the link?

It's his second YouTube channel. I've sent you a link to the video.

Have to say that the set looks great. Really impressed. I wonder what the GWP is going to do, and whether it will be worth getting this day 1 for it, or waiting for someone better to come along.

3 minutes ago, Chris10 said:

It’s tiny! When you look at the image of it lined up with Diagon alley the three floors of Gringotts are roughly the same height as the Quidditch shop’s two floors!

That's because there's so much head room in the WWW roof section. The problem is the DA builds all have a puffer crown section on top that lengthens their façades, but I agree Gringotts feels on the small side. On the other hand when you go back to the source material, the original row buildings were four stories instead of 2, so it's not as far off as one might think. 

Lots to like. I like the main bank building and the dragon.

Few things are frustrating. Gringotts Bank sticker and the gap in the text is awful. Hopefully that can be fixed with some better placement.

Minifigure selection is average - Hagrid and Harry repeat of diagon is a bit dull. Like the goblins and the death eater.

I think I could do without most of the bottom half. Unless there’s an amazing GWP this will be a wait and see for me - if it ever drops in price or double points then I will probably go for it to complete diagon alley.

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I wonder if the wall portion on the left of Gringotts is able to connect to Olivanders in the straight line format because that’s the way I would ideally display it and the mine cart would be displayed separately. 

So yeah it looks like you can because the pet shop looks like it lifts off.  So you could remove it totally and that will fix the issue of the tiny shop that doesn't go with the rest of the street and the bank is at the right end connected to Ollivanders via the wall section.. 

Edited by Micmac

The Deatheater looks super weird without a cape, so I'll definitely be adding one when I get the set.

40 minutes ago, Micmac said:

So yeah it looks like you can because the pet shop looks like it lifts off.  So you could remove it totally and that will fix the issue of the tiny shop that doesn't go with the rest of the street and the bank is at the right end connected to Ollivanders via the wall section.. 

Word, thanks for the idea of completely removing the pet shop totally going to do it because it’s such a thrown together build, it doesn’t fit the vibe of the rest of the street. That’s really my only complaint of this set, besides that it’s a stunner. 

I know it sounds stupid, but please do not post the leaked images here. I know it will be unveiled later today, but that time has not yet passed, and EB does’t want an angry email from Lego. 

Please continue to discuss however. 

Thank you! 

Hmm I'm in two minds. I really like it but I do think it's just astronomically expensive. I'm not too fussed about the interiors since I'm mainly displaying it for the exterior POV, I think it's going to look better with Gringotts not in a linear line with the rest of the shops but then the question is how do you display it because you're going to need a large amount of space to have a display that fans out diagonally from either side of the bank. The sticker being "Gringot        ts Bank" is really poor for a set this expensive, I don't want to nitpick but at this price I'm going to nitpick. Things like that shouldn't be an issue. I wonder how difficult it is to cut a sticker down using a sharp tool and retaining a clean edge.

The minifigure selection is kind of OK it's about what you'd expect...  What we have got feels accurate and appropriate to the set which is 100% for the best.

I think the overall shape of the bank with the caves underneath is excellent though, clearly a lot of thought went into the design of this set and the silhouette, it is really epic. Like I can't really fault the set other than the sticker placement but the price just really really really stings. 

So I'm sure that the Lego YouTubers who don't pay for their sets will put videos up of this set faster than we can say "Mischief Managed" and I think seeing it in video form is going to help me make my final decision. I'm just not sure the pictures are telling a complete story in terms of how delicate the set is, how it looks in proportion to the other sets, how displayable it is with Diagon Alley etc. I'm still on the fence, pretty much what I hoped it would be with a few minor niggles, and one major niggle being the price.

Edited by drewdotexe

I just can't believe they went and perched a baseplate atop a tall structure. Not that that will make it flimsy, just that it's never something I'd have dreamed of LEGO doing.

The true compatibility with the previous Diagon Alley is questionable with that wall on one side, but still kind of kudos that they were thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Hmm I'm in two minds. I really like it but I do think it's just astronomically expensive. I'm not too fussed about the interiors since I'm mainly displaying it for the exterior POV, I think it's going to look better with Gringotts not in a linear line with the rest of the shops but then the question is how do you display it because you're going to need a large amount of space to have a display that fans out diagonally from either side of the bank. 

Personally, considering all the other Diagon Alley shops we have are all from the same side of the street i'm going to display mine all in a line with Gringotts on the Left hand end. Makes sense in terms of the layout in the movies, fits on a straight shelf and helps excuse the Magical Menagerie as it'll probably be right on the edge of the shelf and will just look like it's cut off due to the shelf width. Lol.

My only question if anyone knows... What's with the white wall on the right hand side of the set? From all the videos I can see from the movies there is no wall there, it's just another alleyway. That wall is the only thing that's baffling me. In movie stills from Philosophers stone there's an alley with a skybridge further down and some images have shops tucked further back. But nothing with a wall that matches the colour and architecture of Gringotts.

deleted my image until official reveal

Edited by Micmac

11 minutes ago, Micmac said:

just whipped up an image of what it might look like beside Ollivanders

This looks good. If I get it I think this would be my preferred practical display option.