Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Don’t mind a bunch of cheap remakes if that’s the case. I’m more tempted to buy remakes of cheaper sets for a couple new things than the remakes of larger sets we got this year. What remakes could we really get at those pricepoints though?

Aragog hasn’t been done since 2018, and a remake of the CoS scene featuring him would be one of the best/easiest places for lego to finally give us Fang. (I’ve also asserted in the past that lego could easily use an Aragog set to give us another Ford Anglia, and you know how much they love to do that)

There’s also the Fluffy encounter - widely regarded as a let down so therefore prime material for a remake (see the Hungarian Horntail). Honestly, if someone told me the 18+ set from the wave was a diorama style set featuring Hermione’s infamous “or worse, expelled” line as a quote tile I wouldn’t be surprised. 

And, of course, Hagrid’s hut is about due for a remake too. Between people wanting Fang and people wanting baby Norbert like the 2001 set featured lego would be hard pressed not to get a positive response to that. (Although that would hypothetically be one of the larger sets in the wave)

The Knight Bus, likewise, has not been done in a few years, and is within the appropriate size range. 

It also wouldn’t shock me if we got a proper ‘final challenge’ set from SS/PS. Since we essentially just got the mirror and Quirrel added on to the spectacular Great Hall set that acted as the flagship for the reboot back in 2018 - but might have been a tad inaccessible to see one people. 
And that’s not even touching on the troll in the bathroom or chamber of winged keys - both technically remakes but desperately due remakes after all this time. 

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

And that’s not even touching on the troll in the bathroom or chamber of winged keys - both technically remakes but desperately due remakes after all this time. 

Remakes of those two plus PS Hagrid‘s Hut and the final challenge are requested / wishlisted pretty often though, so I assume the actual list features mostly unwanted remakes :shrug_oh_well: At least I‘m pretty sure @Brick Clicker‘s reaction to the list would have been more positive if it included remakes people actually care about :laugh:

21 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Gringott's releases in 5 days, how do we seriously still not have any official confirmation of the GWP release date? For anyone who has a good memory, is this normal?

Yes, very normal. As this would allegedly be the second time ever for a GWP to be released with a D2C. However this GWP actually belongs with this D2C, so it would make sense to be released together, but I won't get my hopes up until I actually see it on the LEGO website.

On 8/16/2023 at 10:49 AM, Salix said:

I mean none of the other HP GWP's (besides DA and the Hagrid/Buckbeak BrickHeadz) have ever coincided with the release of a D2C HP set so I doubt this one will be released together either. I would love to be proven wrong, but evidence suggests otherwise.

2022: 40577: Hogwarts: Grand Staircase - 15 July // 76405: Hogwarts Express - Collectors' Edition - 31 August

2021: 40452: Hogwarts Gryffindor Dorms - 25 October // 76391: Hogwarts Icons - Collectors' Edition - 2 September

2020: 40412: Hagrid & Buckbeak & 75978: Diagon Alley - 1 September

2019: No GWP and no D2C

2018: 40289: Diagon Alley - 5 November // 71043: Hogwarts Castle - 1 September

But it seems so that at least the polybag 30651 Quidditch Practice will be a GWP at the start. In any case, I think that the 40598 will appear right at the beginning of the September, especially now with this special Hogwarts event in the Lego online Shop.

I have two wishes. A nice looking troll and Durmstrang :)

Edited by Xcube

2 hours ago, Xcube said:

But it seems so that at least the polybag 30651 Quidditch Practice will be a GWP at the start. In any case, I think that the 40598 will appear right at the beginning of the September, especially now with this special Hogwarts event in the Lego online Shop.

This would be great! Where did you hear this information please?

According to mtdbricks, one of the sets is an „Icons“ set (as in an addition to the Hogwarts Icons set, not as part of the Icons theme). No further details, but this further supports the idea that the $100 set is the Sorting Hat from the survey leak :classic:

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to mtdbricks, one of the sets is an „Icons“ set (as in an addition to the Hogwarts Icons set, not as part of the Icons theme). No further details, but this further supports the idea that the $100 set is the Sorting Hat from the survey leak :classic:

Everything is falling into place.

I'm happy with some remakes, depending on what they do with them.

I don't think the modular system is done yet. The only possible way I think they could head with that is by adding some classroom builds. We had Defence Against the Dark Arts in COS, but apart from that, it's been pretty lacking on the classrooms front. Back in the day, the original waves had a huge amount of classroom representation. The books were okay, but I think being able to connect some classroom builds to the current modular system would be a great to finish it off. One set could be more of a potions/Dungeon's set, which would focus on Snape's classroom. Divination could be tower based, with a spiral staircase (I'm going off the films here). Then they could add things like an updated Hagrid's Hut, but make it more centric to the Care of Magical Creatures lesson with Buckbeak again, some unique creature builds and so on. Could take away from the Hut, but we've already had a detailed one last time round. They could remake DATDA, but focus on one particular teacher. I know everyone will likely want an updated boggart set, so I'd just go with that. It could really complete this system, before they do decide to remake the whole thing.

As for side sets - I think Malfoy Manor will likely be on the horizon at some point. I know people say it's too dark, but you could focus on the play features and have a light fixture that drops and really make it more of a battle ground. Lego doesn't seem to be too bothered about being too dark with HP. People say this theme is drawing near it's end, but there's not exactly much new Harry Potter content out that has helped boost the sales of these sets - they're popular regardless. Where as Star Wars, Marvel etc seem to be thriving more off new sets based on upcoming projects. This is why I think Lego will continue this theme for quite some time, it sells well because the IP is popular without the need to keep up with what's new from the franchise.

12 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

There could be some strange remakes.

Strange as in „too recent to have remakes already“? :wacko: Or remaking only selected elements of previous sets (like a Flying Ford Anglia on its own)? Or remaking the gimmick sets as regular playsets? Those would all be strange :snicker:

The only thing I don't really like about the Gringotts set is that if you put it at the end of Diagon Alley, with two of the four DA shops on each side creating an actual alley to its left, the bank is not facing the right direction in terms of the film set up; to do that you would need to place the baseplate diagonally to the end of the other shops (I see the irony here). I think the set up is potentially close to the Florida park, but as I've never been I'm just going on photos. What potentially annoys me even more (but doesn't surprise me considering it doesn't seem to be recommended under Lego's lifestyle photos) it is that none of the LAN reviews I've seen show it set up like this because, even though it takes up a lot of space still, it's probably the most compact way to display both sets together and I'm guessing that, like myself, a lot of people don't have the space to do the really long set up or the corner set up. The closest I've seen get to this set up is Solid Brix Studios but he has them arranged in a loose line not with the baseplates all pushed against each other.

If anyone has seen a review with it like this I'd love to see it. :classic:

@BrickBob Studpants I hadn't seen Cheesey Studios videos until this year, but his HP reviews are fast becoming my favourite for the line. I feel like he actually likes the content. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

The only thing I don't really like about the Gringotts set is that if you put it at the end of Diagon Alley, with two of the four DA shops on each side creating an actual alley to its left, the bank is not facing the right direction in terms of the film set up; to do that you would need to place the baseplate diagonally to the end of the other shops (I see the irony here). I think the set up is potentially close to the Florida park, but as I've never been I'm just going on photos. What potentially annoys me even more (but doesn't surprise me considering it doesn't seem to be recommended under Lego's lifestyle photos) it is that none of the LAN reviews I've seen show it set up like this because, even though it takes up a lot of space still, it's probably the most compact way to display both sets together and I'm guessing that, like myself, a lot of people don't have the space to do the really long set up or the corner set up. The closest I've seen get to this set up is Solid Brix Studios but he has them arranged in a loose line not with the baseplates all pushed against each other.

If anyone has seen a review with it like this I'd love to see it. :classic:

If we're going by film accuracy it actually fits perfectly if you line up all the sets in one line (with Gringotts on the end), since the Diagon Alley set technically only contains shops from one side of the street and the Gringotts building is already at a diagonal angle on the baseplate. However, if one wanted it to see it with buildings on both sides (which, as you mentioned has somehow not been properly demoed in vidoes yet), the left side buildings would either need to sit loose, unconnected to the other baseplates, or be connected with a new 90 degree corner baseplate that attached to the left side of Gringotts. 

DiagonAlley.png

Edited by Ferder

Falconfan and some others have posted some proper images of the gwp on Instagram. The goblin definitely has a unique face print going on (with some rather fabulous eyebrows frankly).
I also finally noticed that the track also has connection points at both ends, meaning you can connect it to the set from either side and/or link a bunch of the GWPs together to form a line of vaults. 

Edited by Accio Lego

It is wild to me that all of these reviews are out and there isn't a single view of DA in a line with Gringotts at the far left end!

8 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The goblin definitely has a unique face print going on (with some rather fabulous eyebrows frankly).

Surprisingly, it‘s not unique, as this faceprint is on the other side of the unnamed ginger goblin’s head in the big set :laugh: Interesting how three minifigs in the set have faceprints for two different characters each (five if you count the disguised/polyjuiced Ron & Hermione)

I could be wildly off here, but I'm thinking maybe some of the figs that appeared in the banner sets this year might make an appearance next year. I'd of thought that Lego would want to get more out of those new Quidditch jumpers especially considering the short run the banner sets will havehad before they retire.

33 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Surprisingly, it‘s not unique, as this faceprint is on the other side of the unnamed ginger goblin’s head in the big set :laugh: Interesting how three minifigs in the set have faceprints for two different characters each (five if you count the disguised/polyjuiced Ron & Hermione)

That is weird. For the death eater it kind of makes sense, they’re laying groundwork for the future, but the goblins? This is the only set you’ll ever want to army build them for. 

5 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

That is weird. For the death eater it kind of makes sense, they’re laying groundwork for the future, but the goblins? This is the only set you’ll ever want to army build them for. 

Saves them a lot of inventory space. Now they only need space for storing 4 unique goblin heads rather than 6 :laugh:

1 hour ago, evanevanevan said:

It is wild to me that all of these reviews are out and there isn't a single view of DA in a line with Gringotts at the far left end!

This! I thought that would be the most obvious configuration but I guess not. 

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

But mtdbricks also calls it “cheap” and “small”, and while a $100 Sorting Hat is definitely cheaper and smaller than the original Icons set, it couldn’t really be called either of those things on it’s own. 

I’m wondering if they might not be talking about 76430 or 76432 instead. Both have extremely low piece counts for their prices - suggesting large printed parts like the Hogwarts letter, train ticket, or galleons we’ve seen lego do previously as part of/to enhance the original Icons set. At $45 and $30 respectively they actually fit the definition of cheap by lego standards these days, and their piece counts would put both of them into most people’s definition of a small set as well. Just a thought - it would limit what the buildable object(s) could be but it’s still in the realm of possibilities.