Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Looks good, nice too get a goblin with the set however this will probably be expensive on the secondary marked since it is possible to combine with the D2C set:devil:

Nice looking gwp, as if I needed one more reason to buy Gringotts day one, here’s reason number 327. I can never have enough goblins. 

Edited by RODDY

Cool looking set, and its nice that it goes with Gringotts. On the other hand it is positively evil that you will need to buy Gringotts day one to ever get that set, or try and miss out, or pay a huge amount later. I think I am more for individual GWP, and this could have been a nice set anyone could purchase to add to Gringotts at any point. 

As others have said, maybe you can buy $200 of other potter sets and get it, and then gringotts later, but damn. What to do!

4 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

On the other hand it is positively evil that you will need to buy Gringotts day one to ever get that set, or try and miss out, or pay a huge amount later.  As others have said, maybe you can buy $200 of other potter sets and get it, and then gringotts later, but damn. What to do!

In his most recent video, Brick Clicker says the threshold should be $130,- on any Harry Potter sets.

Exclusive goblin is fun - although with the tuxedo torso he looks a tad too dapper to be driving a cart. I’ll be putting him behind one of the desks in the bank. 

The coin bank feature is cute. The seeming lack of an included option for lego vault contents is less cute, but as drawbacks go it’s a pretty easy one to fix. (I actually got the pirates VIP add on pack when I picked up the Hogwarts Express last year, so I’ve already got some pirate booty to throw in there. Plus some old chrome gold coins that I’m tempted to stash in there as well.) 

Definitely going to enjoy extending the track a bit. This is actually the first set I’m ever getting that uses the roller coaster track elements, so I’m probably going to spend the first week of September giggling like a little kid and shooting mine carts across the lego building table. 

Is that a new tux piece? They all look so similar, so it's hard to tell, but good to know it's a new face print for the goblin at least. 

If it's free with €130 worth of HP Lego I'm hoping it's free with no more than £120 here in the UK. 

Anyone else feel quite dissapointed after the GWP leak? Was really expecting a more detailed vault along the lines of how the eiffel office felt like a zoomed in part of the Eiffel tower. Instead we got a small box with a minecart parked out front? :thumbdown:

At least we are getting Gringotts though. Thats all that matters really! :laugh:

On 8/18/2023 at 2:13 PM, mark1991t said:

In his most recent video, Brick Clicker says the threshold should be $130,- on any Harry Potter sets.

Of course it is! lol! While that definitely helps those who may get Gringotts down the road, I think the only two sets I need total $129.98! Guess i need to find something to add to the list!

4 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Of course it is! lol! While that definitely helps those who may get Gringotts down the road, I think the only two sets I need total $129.98! Guess i need to find something to add to the list!

Keychains should count too, I think :laugh: 

7 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Anyone else feel quite dissapointed after the GWP leak? Was really expecting a more detailed vault along the lines of how the eiffel office felt like a zoomed in part of the Eiffel tower. Instead we got a small box with a minecart parked out front? :thumbdown:

I see your point and initially expected a stand-alone set too, but now that I’ve seen it, I actually appreciate that it’s compatible with the big set and prefer it that way :classic: It’s not like the interiors of the vaults are hyper-detailed in the movies

Watching a review of the new Hogwarts Architecture-style set, it looks really great and I'm definitely getting it.

I am however still a bit disappointed though. They were so close to finally giving us a complete Hogwarts castle. The only part they're missing is the Clocktower (which is one of my favourite parts of the castle), they're also missing the owlery, but I see it as a separate building. (I know in the books it's actually part of the castle itself)
I'm guessing they didn't include the Owlery to limit the depth of the set, which would make it difficult to put on a shelf.

I might actually look into adding the Clocktower later on though.

The question is, what a complete hogwarts castle even is. I mean it was changed a lot over time, things were moved, added, removed. then you have things like Hagrids hut, Not part of the main castle but still belongs to it (especially it beeing hogwarts and grounds)

So the death eater has an alternate mask on the other side of head.

each side seems to be an "adaption" of these 2 masks

mascaras.jpg

26 minutes ago, deskp said:

So the death eater has an alternate mask on the other side of head.

each side seems to be an "adaption" of these 2 masks

Oh, that’s fantastic! This basically confirms that more Death Eaters are coming next year. Why else would they have two masks to choose from? :excited:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Oh, that’s fantastic! This basically confirms that more Death Eaters are coming next year. Why else would they have two masks to choose from? :excited:

Yeah, I honestly can’t think of another reason to have a head with two different masks as opposed to a mask and a face.

Fingers crossed it gets used in something the lets it easily be army built for those who want the heroes to face a more substantial threat. There are $15 and $20 sets on the leaked list after all. Maybe one of them is a proper battle pack style set. 

18 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, I honestly can’t think of another reason to have a head with two different masks as opposed to a mask and a face.

Fingers crossed it gets used in something the lets it easily be army built for those who want the heroes to face a more substantial threat. There are $15 and $20 sets on the leaked list after all. Maybe one of them is a proper battle pack style set. 

Exactly! Moreover, the alternative mask print stems from OotP, specifically the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, as evidenced by the picture @deskp has posted. Of course that's not definitive proof they have a set based on that battle in mind, but given the high level of screen accuracy the theme has shown so far, there's at least a decent chance.

6 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

The question is, what a complete hogwarts castle even is. I mean it was changed a lot over time, things were moved, added, removed. then you have things like Hagrids hut, Not part of the main castle but still belongs to it (especially it beeing hogwarts and grounds)

I consider Half-Blood Prince to be the definitive version of the castle, this is also the version that is depicted on the model at the HP studios and is the version of the castle that this new model is based on (inclusion of Astronomy tower and viaduct placement). I was going to say the bigger D2C castle is also based on this model (which I think it is), but the earliest model it can be is the Goblet of Fire version (Great Hall courtyard was introduced in this film) since we can't see the big additions from the earlier or later films (clocktower and astronomy tower)

11 hours ago, Mordarch said:

I was going to say the bigger D2C castle is also based on this model (which I think it is), but the earliest model it can be is the Goblet of Fire version (Great Hall courtyard was introduced in this film) since we can't see the big additions from the earlier or later films (clocktower and astronomy tower)

The D2C is based on HBP - look at the stretch of wall between the Grand Staircase Tower and the Quad Entrance. From HBP onwards it's a blank wall, before that there was a strange tower that juts out with no windows. 

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Death eater mask? Has a death eater figure leaked or something? What am I missing? 

The Death Eater minifig included in the Gringotts set turned out to have two different mask prints on either side of the head :classic: 

I'm so interested in Death Eaters (I am not) that I completely missed the Death Eater in Gringotts. :P

According to @Brick Clicker, Gringotts and the UCS Hogwarts Express switched places during development in order to avoid clashing with the Boutique Hotel. Interesting tidbit, which may explain why they introduced a new DA style just to switch back to the old one :laugh: Also, that means TLG was initially planning to release two HE sets in the same year :laugh_hard: Good thing they changed things around, as Gringotts is definitely a major highlight of 2023

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also, that means TLG was initially planning to release two HE sets in the same year :laugh_hard: Good thing they changed things around, as Gringotts is definitely a major highlight of 2023

It’s possible that the system scale Hogwarts Express was also pushed back a year (that would explain the hair choice for Lee) although I imagine they just don’t plan the regular wave as far out as the giant D2Cs. 

On 8/21/2023 at 5:01 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Death Eater minifig included in the Gringotts set turned out to have two different mask prints on either side of the head :classic: 

Oh I had forgotten about the death eater in the Gringotts set. I’ve tried to avoid looking at the pictures or thinking about it too much so it still feels fresh once I finally get it, although during the wait from purchase to delivery  I’ll probably cave and watch reviews once those start coming. 

I do hope it pops up a few more times. I’ve never been a diehard battle pack with only massable characters guy (mainly because the vast majority of people will only get one copy of the set) but I’m always for throwing these kinds of figures in with sets. There aren’t many sets that have been released where I think a death eater should’ve been thrown in since there have been so few OOTP-DH2 sets but there are plenty where I think a dementor should’ve been added, 2022’s Sirius Black’s Escape set being the prime example. Hopefully we’ll get a dedicated ministry battle set (in the same relative style as the last ministry set?) or something else with a death eater next year. 

On 8/22/2023 at 6:58 AM, Accio Lego said:

It’s possible that the system scale Hogwarts Express was also pushed back a year (that would explain the hair choice for Lee) although I imagine they just don’t plan the regular wave as far out as the giant D2Cs. 

That‘s certainly possible, but it‘s also thinkable the set was always intended for 2023 and the HP team simply wasn‘t aware of the dreadlock piece before it was too late :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

[…] or something else with a death eater next year. 

Stil waiting for a Battle of the Seven Potters set. Probably one of the most obvious awesome cheap set ideas, and yet they‘ve never done it :wacko: Well, except for last year‘s AC.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Advice please...

I do want to invest in the new Gringott's. However, price and general affordability aren't in my range at the moment for this particular set. I keep hoping/thinking that maybe they'll release a more playset-based version of Diagon Alley each year now, similar to the WWW this year. But with no clear understanding of what Lego have in mind with this, I'm torn with what to do. I could easily save for the set, but then a huge part of me is more invested with sitting and exploring inside playset-based sets, as opposed to modular type sets. And for me personally, the new WWW offers more room inside than the HUGE Diagon Alley set.

So what I'm asking is... Is it worth holding out to see if Lego create more playset-based Diagon Alley sets, like this year. Or should I just cave in and get Gringott's?