Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Quite interested to see the bank interior, as we only really see the atrium in the films. I reckon there will be some misc banking stuff about in the wings. 

The Magical Menagerie is seen in the famous opening shot of Gringotts to the left, on the right is Broomstix but you can't really see it, the structure looks small in the box art so I'm thinking either a suggestion of Knockturn Alley or the moving wall from Leaky Cauldron. 

I like the idea behind the set a lot though. 

18 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The banks seems to be 8 or so Bellatrix’s high (error allowed for the potato quality and tiny size of my phone screen), given that Ollivander’s is roughly 5 Bella’s high (I literally just checked) that fits nicely with Gringott’s being about 150% higher than the regular Alley shops.
I think you’re making an erroneous assumption that the building to the right of the bank is supposed to be the same height as a regular shop but clearly isn’t. The one on the left clearly is (4 or 5 Bella’s tall) and also seems to have the colorful front display window of a regular shop (fingers crossed for Magical Menagerie). 

Thank you for making it more clear.

RUThz9Q.jpg

People are also complaining that it is not wide enough, well it actually is just as wide as it should when you look at the official source material, because the model only represents the front part of the Gringotts bank which we see from Diagon Alley. Of course it is getting wider as we go further back with the building but if they made the full Gringotts building like we see in some MOCs it would be absurdly expansive or we wouldn't have an undergroud system.

2lwgye1.jpg

Edited by Textorix

Trying to look up pictures of the shops makes me think the smaller right building has a closer resemblance to the Magical Menagerie.  The color pattern and window structure of the left two story building seems closer to Slug and Jiggers Apothecary.

Edited by spiderfan2000

The minifig list stems from the set description on brickmerge:

https://www.brickmerge.de/76417-1_lego-harry-potter-gringotts-zaubererbank-sammleredition

This also confirms that the shop is indeed the Magical Menagerie and that the set is compatible with the DA set. The whole thing is 75cm tall *huh*

The description also mentions a „hidden surprise“ in the Lestrange vault. Wonder what that could be

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The description also mentions a „hidden surprise“ in the Lestrange vault. Wonder what that could be

Probably just Hufflepuff’s Cup and not a reference to lego successfully recreating the geminio and flagrante curses Bellatrix has cast on her possessions. Although if lego finally gave us a proper version of the cup, even just the small trophy they’ve been using with a badger printed on it, I’d consider that a very happy surprise indeed. 

"Combines with other LEGO® Harry Potter™ sets sold separately: Gringotts™ Wizarding Bank model attaches to Diagon Alley (75978), sold separately" - the end of a debate (was kinda obvious to me anyway but to some of you who doubted :D)

There‘s only one thing currently missing to make it the perfect set to me, and that‘s a proper philosopher‘s stone. The description mentioning three vaults and Hagrid being featured strongly implies it‘s gonna be included, but the question is what it looks like. The regular gem and crystal pieces won‘t do this time, I want a trans-red recolour of the gold nugget piece :tongue:

I was about to post that LEGO might be able to reveal a set without any images leaking beforehand for once, but the leakers foiled them again at the 11th hour, haha!

I'm excited to see the high-res images (hopfully) later today.

The shops to the side do make me curious. I'm guessing they're there to make it connect more organically to the Diagon Alley set. The way they're positioned makes me think it's going to be a splayed-out version of Diagon Alley instead of the more closed 'Alley' style I've displayed mine so far. I do hope we're able to close up the stores so we can make it more accurate to the films and it's only splayed out when you want to display it on top of the vaults.

As for GWP, I wouldn't assume it's going to be anything big, especially story-wise. The GWP up to now have all been rather "insignificant" to the overall HP story, as to not make them essential to have a complete display. It'll probably be something minor, like a regular vault or minecart or something. Nice to add, but not something essential people might miss out on.

14 minutes ago, Textorix said:

"Combines with other LEGO® Harry Potter™ sets sold separately: Gringotts™ Wizarding Bank model attaches to Diagon Alley (75978), sold separately" - the end of a debate (was kinda obvious to me anyway but to some of you who doubted :D)

I read that after Brickbob posted that link and had a wave of relief wash over me! So excited! I was definitely one of those doubters. But in my defence, LEGO has very much enjoyed subverting expectations lately and not in a good way (personal opinion).

20 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

As for GWP, I wouldn't assume it's going to be anything big, especially story-wise. The GWP up to now have all been rather "insignificant" to the overall HP story, as to not make them essential to have a complete display. It'll probably be something minor, like a regular vault or minecart or something. Nice to add, but not something essential people might miss out on.

It‘s probably gonna be the Potter vault. The one hosting the philosopher‘s stone is too barren and the Lestrange one too elaborate for a GWP set :laugh: Not sure what the point is as it‘s not going to be compatible with this set. But hey, gift horse and all…

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This also confirms that the shop is indeed the Magical Menagerie

:pir-triumph:

1 hour ago, Mordarch said:

I was about to post that LEGO might be able to reveal a set without any images leaking beforehand for once, but the leakers foiled them again at the 11th hour, haha!

Under 24 hours before the reveal do not count :wink:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s probably gonna be the Potter vault. The one hosting the philosopher‘s stone is too barren and the Lestrange one too elaborate for a GWP set :laugh: Not sure what the point is as it‘s not going to be compatible with this set. But hey, gift horse and all…

Did not the text say it included 3 vaults? Have we seen inside more in the films? The books visited some extra I think? The GWP info could be wrong also :shrug_oh_well:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Did not the text say it included 3 vaults? Have we seen inside more in the films? The books visited some extra I think?

The Brickmerge text says 3 vaults, so it would rule out all the main books and movies vaults (Philospher Stone's, Harry's and Bellatrix's vaults). In the book Harry sees also the Weasley's vault, in Chamber of Secrets, but this is nearly empty, so it wouldn't be a good GWP; and is just cited Sirius' vault in Prisoner of Azkaban.

Anyway, is it confirmed that the GWP is a vault or is Gringott's related?

7 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Anyway, is it confirmed that the GWP is a vault or is Gringott's related?

The leakers have said so from the start. I see no reason to doubt them :classic:

Whatever the GWP vault ends up being, it pretty much has to be a repeat of one of the three in the set. I can’t imagine them dedicating a GWP set to a location that‘s not visited in the movies. Maybe it‘s more like a vignette or a mini-diorama to distinguish it from the version seen in the big set

The three vaults are mostly facades, so the GWP makes more sense now :laugh:

Didn‘t expect the new moulded dragon pieces! At least new to me.

So much cool stuff :wub:

Images also on IG.

On the rear of the box is clearly said that it's compatible with Diagon Alley.

Edited by BrickMatit

7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The three vaults are mostly facades, so the GWP makes more sense now :laugh:

whos the third vault? i assume the other two are harrys and belatrix

i do like it, but i have no plans to display it with the underground so it would have been a lot better to be if it was just say 150-200 for just the bank then either not make the vaults or just make it a separate set 

Can‘t wait to see high-res close-ups :excited: The Death Eater currently looks more like a Knight of Ren :laugh_hard: Hopefully more of them show up in sets next year, but it‘s great to finally have a post-GoF one.

The goblins look great too! No new hairpiece though. The Leicester Square LEGO store wall decoration was not a preview after all

1 minute ago, Surge said:

whos the third vault? i assume the other two are harrys and belatrix

The three vaults are the Potter‘s, the Lestrange‘s, and the one where the PS was kept :classic: Too bad the PS isn‘t shown on any of the pictures

GRINGOT TS BANK… that could have been done better than with the stickers. 

I like the building, but I’m skipping this one, with that weird looking dungeon for display. 

Magical menagerie is so small that I wonder it has any interior at all :sceptic:

The minifigs looks great, and the building fit in well with rest of the street :thumbup:

New higher res pics up, including back of the box:

5 distinct goblins, including white and orange hair recolours

Two guards 

Dragon is similar size as the Horntail from the small set, it has new moulded head and jaw and uses cloth wings like the flapping model 

Mine cart and track use the existing rollercoaster system