Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

As for the upcoming summer wave, I do like those new sets. I'm not as easily disappointed it seems. :P While I already have a HE, the new one has Hogsmeade Station which I don't have yet plus this version has two carriages even though combined they might only be a little bit bigger than the previous playset's carriage. Also really happy to finally get Lee Jordan even if he isn't completely accurate. I love the buildable Dobby and his UCS sock. ;) Only his feet are a little weird imo. I like the patronus set as well as the BoH set and the WWW set even though I already have the D2C Diagon Alley. To me it's different enough to warrant a buy. I'm contemplating buying two patronus sets and two BoH sets since both are 2-in-1, but I'm not sure yet. Does that combined layout of the 2021-2023 Hogwarts sets require one or two BoH sets? The Quidditch trunk is a nice set, but I would rather have gotten Quidditch battlepacks. I do like that new cape attachment and finally a Ravenclaw cape, but I don't like the third colour for the pants, but that's easily swapped. But since it's a trunk set, the benefit is that we do get a bunch more heads and pieces of hair to make our own Quidditch players, instead of needing to get an army of Cedrics, Chos, Harries, and Dracos. I actually used the left over heads and pieces of hair of the previous trunk to change my army of Cedrics into 7 different Hufflepuff Quidditch players. So this will be a good way to do the same for my Cho army. But I don't really see myself buying 7 of the Quidditch trunk sets. I'll just Bricklink 7 more Ravenclaw capes and 11 pairs of white pants. And speaking of Quidditch, I do like these new BrickHeadz sets as it gives a new variation for Harry in addition to his two previous BrickHeadz renditions.

3 hours ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

i love the idea of a battle pack for the BH and honestly find it very strange that this wave doesn’t include any “cheaper” sets, so maybe Lego have something up their sleeve?…

Same. I hope they surprise us with one because it feels very empty with only 6 minifigures. However, it would be hard to narrow down what to include as there are enough characters in the BoH for an entire CMF.

I think McGonagall with a statue or two would be my first pick (and should have been included in the first place imo), a troll, acromantula or both and Seamus with some dynamite for the bridge build.

Aberforth and his goat patronus with some dementors would be cool, but as he will be in the AC, it’s less likely. Hagrid and Narcissa could easily be in a small forest set. Then there are all the other characters such as Ron, Lupin, Tonks, Kingsley, Mr. Weasley, Snape, Lucius, Flitwick, etc.

10 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but is it looking to anyone else like the wand with attachment is actually a whole new dual-moulded piece, and not an attachment you can stick on any wand?

That would be extremely annoying, since the designers couldn't even bother to give Harry and Voldemort their proper wands in the Battle of Hogwarts set :tongue:

2 hours ago, Salix said:

Does that combined layout of the 2021-2023 Hogwarts sets require one or two BoH sets?

Should be just 1.

On 5/2/2023 at 1:46 AM, Clone OPatra said:

They've dropped the ball with their own (ugly) system plain and simple. The Polyjuice Potion set should've been the proof of concept, and they never did it again.

People said with the first 2018 system "oh the footprint just gets too big, they couldn't keep going", yet LEGO is basically doing the exact same thing again with sets that have things like specific exteriors and doors that you can't put on top of each other.

A true big dollhouse Hogwarts you could add slices to could've been cool, but this isn't it.

“Footprint gets too big” -> We’re getting sets like the BOH which has a big fold out courtyard. Unless you want a ton of unused roof modules, exteriors they waste so much of the budget on to not line up, and things like the SB Escape missing half its floor, this system ends up with just as big of a footprint. Just look at the official combination they showed off last year, it’s very sprawling. 

“No more recognizable structures” -> We’re getting so many unrecognizable structures like whatever the Forbidden corridor, ROR, Dumbedore’s office etc. sets were meant to be. Clearly they can sell Hogwarts sets with unidentifiable buildings on the front of boxes. 

“Only way to do underground sets” -> The underground sets were completely abandoned after wave 1. 

“Only way to get decent interiors” -> Most the interiors we get now are 8x8 modules which are often worse than the 2018-20 interiors, or they’re just empty. 

Most of the reasons this system exists didn’t pan out. I agree that Polyjuice should’ve been the norm, not the exception. LEGO shot themselves in the foot by also making Moments and now these banner sets which have taken over the cheaper Hogwarts interior market which this modular system should’ve been filling. I understood the purpose of this system when it began but I really don’t see the point anymore based on all the sets they’ve released for it in the last two years. I’ll be interested to see if we get another one in the winter wave or if they take a wave off and reboot the system in the summer. Doing the battle of Hogwarts combined with the 3 year life cycle being up makes me feel like maybe this could be the finale. 

Is the Cho Chang brickheadz the first brickheadz with a warm tan skin tone? I can’t tell, but I neeed those brickheadz parts in warm tan for a moc

I really hope BOH set is the last Hogwarts expansion set in this system. That so called complete Hogwarts layout they showed us really gives me hope that this is the final version and then they will move on from it. At least a short 1-2 years pause from Hogwarts sets would be appreciated and then they can reboot again if there is still high demand. I feel like they should now really focus on other non Hogwarts locations that we are still missing.

Edited by Textorix

20 hours ago, empiresperish said:

I think we're seeing the full extent of the new lead designer and team with this wave

Bessa only just left last year, I doubt the concept for all of these sets were planned by Seenan considering how long if takes Lego sets to get produced. WWW as part of a DA reboot aimed at a lower price point feels like the only real new idea here. Buildable creatures for display and foldout sets are all Bessa era staples (he even designed last year’s trunk set). An HE remake was inevitable and probably had been in the works for a bit. Battle of Hogwarts stuff and Gringotts were the biggest omissions from the line so far and I assume they’ve been in some level of development for awhile too. Finally I’d be surprised if the Second Task didn’t predate even the Bessa era and was one of the original 40 (if I remember right) set ideas pitched when the line was being rebooted. More power to you if this feels like a reboot, but for the most part it strikes me as mopping up old playscale leftovers before a change next year and the theme being on autopilot for everything else. 

While I’m sure we’re seeing plenty of stuff from them when it comes to design choices I don’t think this is all the new team when it comes to set concepts. I don’t think we’re seeing their “full extent” yet. 

With the picture of the layout I try to recreate it in Stud.io. Does someone get where the library part is of the dumbledore office set. Under the hospital wing it looks so weird.

2 minutes ago, Xcube said:

Under the hospital wing it looks so weird.

That is not the only weird looking thing in that layout :DDD But yeah it must be under Hospital Wing

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

What do we see for 2024 then? 

Leaky Cauldron, PS version of Hagrids Hut, 3rd task (labyrinth), Durmstrang ship, Ministry of Magic (Department of Mysteries), Borgin and Burkes, The Inferi Lake (please bring back the small 20 dollar sets), Hagrids motorbike chase scene, Lovegood house, Malfoy Manor, Tent (with Snapes patronus) and if they really want to continue with Hogwarts expansions then Troll in the Bathroom set remake would be great addition.

Not particularly fond of anything in a wave but The Battle of Hogwarts is a definite get for the figures alone. Finally a Voldemort mini fig I love. I hope this means the end of the current Hogwarts which I’ve never liked. The Hogwarts Express is decent, love the tile of the book Hagrid gives to Harry. As for everything else, it’s all too childish (which I understand). I’m really hoping we see some more 18+ sets next year, I’d love a 18+ portion of Hogwarts. For now though bring on Gringotts. 

Just seen the large combined Hogwarts, using all of the new Hogwarts sets. Individually I don't think they're that great, but they do look impressive when put together.

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

What do we see for 2024 then? 

5 hours ago, Textorix said:

Leaky Cauldron, PS version of Hagrids Hut, 3rd task (labyrinth), Durmstrang ship, Ministry of Magic (Department of Mysteries), Borgin and Burkes, The Inferi Lake (please bring back the small 20 dollar sets), Hagrids motorbike chase scene, Lovegood house, Malfoy Manor, Tent (with Snapes patronus) and if they really want to continue with Hogwarts expansions then Troll in the Bathroom set remake would be great addition.

While we're waiting on Gringotts, this is my top 10 wish list broken into categories...

My most wanted sets we've never gotten:

1) Weasley Wedding - lots of characters to choose from and the costumes were great imo. A rare happy moment in DH1 :)

2) The Lovegood Home/Tale of Three Brothers - they could make these as separate sets or put both into one.

3) Quidditch World Cup scene - I really want Fred, George, Harry and Ron in their hats, scarfs, face paint, etc. They could do a set at the match with a Bulgarian (Krum) and Irish Quidditch player - OR - they could do a tent scene with some DE, Barty Crouch, Winky, Fudge and Mr. Weasley. 

4) The cave - Dumbledore, Harry and a couple of Inferi would be such an awesome smaller set!

My most wanted remakes:

1) Lupin's classroom PoA - I would love for this to incorporate both the boggart scene and the patronus training scene.

2) Borgin and Burkes - while I have the one from 2011, it's rather small. LEGO has come a long way since then and I would love to see what they will do with it in 2024. 

3) Hagrid's Hut with Fang and baby Norbert

4) Proper House Common Rooms (each including the house ghost)

Diorama: I'm not sure why we haven't gotten any dioramas for HP, but hopefully that will change in the future. For me, it has to be "Always" with Snape and his doe patronus. As for the scene, they could choose from a few. They could do Snape and Lily under they tree when they were younger, the actual scene from the movie with Dumbledore or the lake in the Forest of Dean.

D2C: That Burrow we saw leak! Enough said.

Anyone know of any way to get a specific numbered step of a Lego set? I’m missing Bag 4 of Hospital Wing, threw out by mistake and I need it now after seeing the new combined Hogwarts.

55 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Anyone know of any way to get a specific numbered step of a Lego set? I’m missing Bag 4 of Hospital Wing, threw out by mistake and I need it now after seeing the new combined Hogwarts.

You can always try contacting LEGO customer service and explaining what happened. I mean they've sent me an entire missing bag for a set I bought on clearance (I left the last bit out when I asked. Lol.), They also sent me a complete new set of stickers for the Sanctum Sanctorum when I told them that I had stuffed up putting the stickers on. Sent me a keyring for new VIPs when I was an old VIP because I asked and there's been several other things. Don't know others experiences, but i've never had a negative experience with LEGO customer service and always figure that it's worth a shot.

13 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

You can always try contacting LEGO customer service and explaining what happened. I mean they've sent me an entire missing bag for a set I bought on clearance (I left the last bit out when I asked. Lol.), They also sent me a complete new set of stickers for the Sanctum Sanctorum when I told them that I had stuffed up putting the stickers on. Sent me a keyring for new VIPs when I was an old VIP because I asked and there's been several other things. Don't know others experiences, but i've never had a negative experience with LEGO customer service and always figure that it's worth a shot.

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I even think that if you told them you threw it out they would probably send it to you but I'd go with it being missing to be safe. They are usually great but I have had a few interactions that weren't great.

I bought two sets of the third task and was not happy with the quality of some of the figures, there were visible dents and some scratches and i had a smeared cmf face i got that week too. I put them all in a damaged bricks order and it was rejected outright and no follow up. I was told to call if i wanted it resolved. I don't know why me saying it to someone over the phone makes it more trustworthy than me sending it in text form. 

I had received an brick order maybe 6 months before and they never took payment, their mistake it was in the time they were changing pick a brick, and they held hostage my new order until I paid it off and they were not very nice about it with some of the messaging. I felt like they were accusing me of stealing when it was a mistake on their end. The guy on the phone was lovely but he was surprised by the wording it the email i got. It was like the dept collectors department of lego and they were not on the same happy juice as the rest of the lego group. 

So if it's a sticker sheet, some missing pieces they will send them out straight away. If your order gets a bit big with unusual parts from a set you will have to call them to get it resolved. Not sure with missing bag but it seems to be a common occurrence so they will probable just send it if the set is still being made. 

My favourite set being released this year if the friends Botanical Garden set 71757. I'll be getting two and making a double sided greenhouse, I'll give the figures to the two girls living next door to me.  

It would make a great greenhouse for Herbology class, Its in the style from Hogwarts Legacy and could also be turned into the room of requirements greenhouse that house some of the creatures you capture. The plants in it even look a bit magical. I wonder if there is a market for more obscure builds like this in the Harry Potter theme, Herbology class is a fun scene in the movies and even the a game version could have some new creature builds. I'm sick of banners, cases and books. I want some fun new ideas in the theme. 

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

44 minutes ago, Micmac said:

I even think that if you told them you threw it out they would probably send it to you but I'd go with it being missing to be safe. They are usually great but I have had a few interactions that weren't great.

I bought two sets of the third task and was not happy with the quality of some of the figures, there were visible dents and some scratches and i had a smeared cmf face i got that week too. I put them all in a damaged bricks order and it was rejected outright and no follow up. I was told to call if i wanted it resolved. I don't know why me saying it to someone over the phone makes it more trustworthy than me sending it in text form. 

I had received an brick order maybe 6 months before and they never took payment, their mistake it was in the time they were changing pick a brick, and they held hostage my new order until I paid it off and they were not very nice about it with some of the messaging. I felt like they were accusing me of stealing when it was a mistake on their end. The guy on the phone was lovely but he was surprised by the wording it the email i got. It was like the dept collectors department of lego and they were not on the same happy juice as the rest of the lego group. 

So if it's a sticker sheet, some missing pieces they will send them out straight away. If your order gets a bit big with unusual parts from a set you will have to call them to get it resolved. Not sure with missing bag but it seems to be a common occurrence so they will probable just send it if the set is still being made. 

Nice, I look into contacting Customer Service. Appreciate y’all. 

After seeing the pictures of the hogwarts express, I wondered “Who in titan’s name is lee Jordan?” One trip to the Harry Potter wiki later, it turns out that lee Jordan is a friend of the Weasley twins, and in sorcerer’s stone (philosopher’s stone for my European friends) he is in his third year at hogwarts, which this set is based on, therefore, he should have the mid legs, and if you think that lego doesn’t do it for other characters, for example: the monster book of monsters (not to be confused with the book of monsters from Nexo knights) is based off prisoner of Azkaban, and Draco uses mid legs,the herbology class has Cedric diggory, who was in year three at the time, so he uses mid legs, hogwarts carriage and thestrals has Luna lovegood, who is in year 4 during order of the phoenix, so she uses mid legs, etc

I agree that with the BoH set and the “official” layout of the modular castle, it does feel like that system is coming to an end. However, I’m left wondering what would set a new system apart from the previous two enough to warrant such a reboot? I think it’s too soon to simply rehash the 2018-2020 system. Personally I’d love the truly modular castle that 2021 promised us, but that seems even less likely. I’m curious what you all think. I doubt LEGO would go even a year without Hogwarts in some form. 

As for the summer sets, I’m definitely underwhelmed. I have no interest in the buildable creatures/characters, although Dobby does look better than expected. With a tight budget, I’m definitely not hashing out for another Express or WWW. They’re both nice enough though for those who don’t have them already. If the Quidditch trunk were maybe $30-40, I could see it, but at the current price it’s laughable. 

Likely the only set I’ll buy from the wave is the BoH (+ Gringotts eventually). That’s just as well, I still have the 2022 sets to catch up on. 

aboslutely love that combination hogwarts, could not have imagined it looking that good 2 years ago only wish i had the space i had back then to complete it