Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

And once again ginny and lavander are using the same 2020 super innacurate faceprints… after the march wave tried to correct the misuse of innacurate faceprints, i’m really disappointed about this (also scared that they will reuse the mantis headpiece for bellatrix again)

39 minutes ago, Xcube said:

George and Fred swapped the torso from the big Diagon Alley xD

Are they really using the same torsos or there are some minor details which make DA ones exclusive?

Edit: Oh they are absolutely same, even the same face prints. Such a lazy solution from Lego that they just swap their torsos instead of making slightly updated variants.

Edited by Textorix

Obviously the main bangers we are all waiting for are the Battle of Hogwarts and the Hogwarts Express so…Kjfc0T0.jpg

38 minutes ago, PotDoc said:

And once again ginny and lavander are using the same 2020 super innacurate faceprints… after the march wave tried to correct the misuse of innacurate faceprints, i’m really disappointed about this (also scared that they will reuse the mantis headpiece for bellatrix again)

It's even more annoying given they are willing to reuse prints from CMF these days (though they only do it on rare occurrences), so why couldn't they just resume the Ginny CMF head instead of this one which doesn't match at all. They should do the same for Bellatrix.

It's pretty hilarious too that they use the very emotionless Rey head for Lavender, whose character trait in the film is being overly bubbly.

Overall, this one is a pass for me after all. Nothing new or exciting enough to make me care, and the interior is just shrug. I don't have Diagon Alley, but I never felt much attachment to WWW. The owl/post shop is pretty funny how small it is.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I honestly don't get why they revealed only this single random set. It doesn't make any sense.

Probably because of the leak..

Also, does the street sign point to potential future DA additions? It would make sense for Lego to expand the street with shops not previously included in the DA set. They have Madam Malkin’s, the Magical Menagerie and Sugarplum’s, none of which are in the DA as far as I know?

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I honestly don't get why they revealed only this single random set. It doesn't make any sense.

I’m sure the others will follow, why would they wait at this point.

When the most recent DA came out, the $400 price tag prevented me from buying it as WWW was the only shop I really wanted. I did not want to spend $400 on a giant set for 1 shop. That being said, this years WWW is the perfect option for me. I may buy 2 and make a larger MOC version. I was afraid the interior would be a disappointment and deter me once again, but I think the interior has a lot of great stuff packed in! I don’t mind stickers nor do I care about the minifigures for this particular set, I just want the location.

If the rumors of a DA expansion system are true, this will be the first of many. As for me, I hope B&B is next. The first one is pretty small and I would love a bigger one…hopefully Narcissa will be included.

On 4/30/2023 at 5:01 AM, MaxHeadroom said:

As much as some people here hate the 8x8 grate plates they’re still better than the 8x8 wedges used for floors in the Escape set, since at least the grates work with this format and don’t leave holes in the floor quite as massive as the wedges.

@MaxHeadroomI think the designers of WWW heard you about the wedge plates. "No more 8x8 wedges from now on, we're going big!"

Do you all think the shape of WWW is due to its being a corner location, or is that going to be a new thing?

Edited by brickbride

1 hour ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

When the most recent DA came out, the $400 price tag prevented me from buying it as WWW was the only shop I really wanted. I did not want to spend $400 on a giant set for 1 shop. That being said, this years WWW is the perfect option for me. I may buy 2 and make a larger MOC version. I was afraid the interior would be a disappointment and deter me once again, but I think the interior has a lot of great stuff packed in! I don’t mind stickers nor do I care about the minifigures for this particular set, I just want the location.

If the rumors of a DA expansion system are true, this will be the first of many. As for me, I hope B&B is next. The first one is pretty small and I would love a bigger one…hopefully Narcissa will be included.

See that's what I like, that different sets suit different needs, different budgets, both financial and spatial... That strikes me as some good planning for a line of products. I also like when the pieces in a set are basically so well selected that buying two makes for a better single build, without too much left over, and from the look of it, most of these pieces will be useful in larger WWW & Owl Post builds, although I'll reserve final judgment until I see what they're doing with the floor plates. 😋

I would be very pleased to have a B&B as well. 

@Clone OPatra "Theowl/post shop is pretty funny how small it is." The funny thing to me is that was my exact reaction the first time I saw photos of the Owl Post office in the amusement park. And then I gave it some thought and couldn't really come up with why it should be larger, it's not like they store packages there (and in the WW they would simply shrink them if necessary), so when the lego version was similarly sized, it somehow "fit" with my preconceived notions. It's a glorified bird coop with an employee who rubber stamps your letters in exchange for galleons. You might need some mice and assorted owl treats, perhaps a broom to sweep droppings, but there again, there must be charms for that. Maybe for the lunch breaks when the intern is left to manage the office... 😆

The interior of the new set has more specific details than the DA set. Naturally it is easier when there is a cut-away and no set of stairs taking up most of the interior, so no disrespect to the DA's designer. It would be cool to see someone add the Umbridge thing/Darkness Powder/sticky shoes to the DA set. Seeing the inside, I can understand why this set exists, its meant for people who don't want to pay £380 for DA, its not aimed at those who already have it. I really hate the stickered faces though.

Not the most exciting character to check off but now we have Romilda Vane I've got an updated character list. I also added the number of characters by film. 

There is a chance, albeit small, that more figures could be taken off with the impending set reveals. 

PS (10): Lee Jordan, Alicia Spinnet, Tom, Dedalus Diggle, Doris Crockford, King's Cross Guard, Prof Vector, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Augusta Longbottom

CoS (5): Millicent Bulstrode, Mr and Mrs Mason, Ernie MacMillain, Penelope Clearwater

PoA (1): Aunt Marge

GoF (6): Roger Davies, Barry Crouch sr, Prof Karkaroff, Amos Diggory, Frank Bruce, Eloise Midgen

OotP (6): Mrs Figg, Zacharias Smith, Madam Bones, John Dawlish, Antonin Dolohov, Prof Grubbly-Plank

HBP (8): Narcissa Malfoy, Amycus Carrow, Alecto Carrow, Thorfinn Rowle, Leanne, Katie Bell, Cormac McLaggen, Marcus Belby

DH (9): Charity Burbage, Bill Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher, Elphius Doge, Rufus Scrimgeour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Bathilda Bagshot, Dirk Cresswell. 

4 hours ago, Textorix said:

I’m sure the others will follow, why would they wait at this point.

Well that's my point, why would they reveal only this one set instead of revealing all of them at the same time.

If they did like a 'LEGO Harry Potter Week' where they revealed a new set each day, it'd be understandable — but they won't do that. They'll probably reveal all the remaining sets on a single day.

5 hours ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Probably because of the leak..

Also, does the street sign point to potential future DA additions? It would make sense for Lego to expand the street with shops not previously included in the DA set. They have Madam Malkin’s, the Magical Menagerie and Sugarplum’s, none of which are in the DA as far as I know?

Dobby has also leaked, and they didn't reveal this set.

Honestly this WWW is a total waste. It’s kind of insulting that they are starting a new line of Diagon Alley shops that aren’t compatible with the D2C and we all know Gringotts won’t be compatible either, even though the whole reason we all have wanted it for so long is to go with our Diagon Alley D2C. The random made up figure is also ridiculous and a complete waste of a minifig slot. Not to mention the entire shop is a massive downgrade from the D2C version 

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

….and we all know Gringotts won’t be compatible either, even though the whole reason we all have wanted it for so long is to go with our Diagon Alley D2C…

Gringotts will definitely be compatibile with D2C Diagon Alley. Just because they don’t tell you “look here you connect it to Diagon Alley” doesn’t mean it won’t work with it when displayed togather. In worst case you will have to remove that underground system which we still don’t know how it’s gonna work and look like.

Edited by Textorix

21 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Not to mention the entire shop is a massive downgrade from the D2C version 

Looking at the D2C now the interior is really bland, I'll be adding details from this set is nothing else. 

7 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Gringotts will definitely be compatibile with D2C Diagon Alley. Just because they don’t tell you “look here you connect it to Diagon Alley” doesn’t mean it won’t work with it when displayed togather. In worst case you will have to remove that underground system which we still don’t know how it’s gonna work and look like.

Gringotts will most likely be on lego plates as opposed to the baseplates the D2C was on. It also probably won’t have the technic holes and pins in the right place. With some modifications I’m sure it can become compatible, but the fact that it most likely won’t be designed to go with that set is quite frankly ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Gringotts will most likely be on lego plates as opposed to the baseplates the D2C was on. It also probably won’t have the technic holes and pins in the right place. With some modifications I’m sure it can become compatible, but the fact that it most likely won’t be designed to go with that set is quite frankly ridiculous 

You are aware that Gringotts stands on it's own at the end of the street and isn't connected to any of the shops on the sides of the alley, right? Regardless of whether it's on a baseplate or regular plates it wouldn't make any sense to connect it that way

Is this based on any source? As far as I’m aware the only source we have is Promobricks who said that is would be compatible with Diagon Alley (and have an underground section). Remains to be seen how exactly that would work but if based only on conjecture then surely it’s more likely that a $400+ set would be consistent with the other detailed $400 set rather than a $90 play set?

8 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I love the Umbridge toy. :laugh:

One of my favorite details and one of the most obvious missing features missing from the DA version. Also, is that a new Umbridge head print?

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Looking at the D2C now the interior is really bland, I'll be adding details from this set is nothing else. 

That was my biggest problem with not just WWW but all the DA buildings, with the only exceptions of Ollivander's and the ice cream parlor all of the interiors were really uninteresting. I'll probably get this set because the interior makes this much closer to the WWW I'd always wanted back in 2010 (and also this one isn't awkwardly cut off on one side lmao)

You're being overly dramatic based on pure speculation...

How is it insulating they are starting a new line? I don't follow.

8 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

That was my biggest problem with not just WWW but all the DA buildings, with the only exceptions of Ollivander's and the ice cream parlor all of the interiors were really uninteresting. I'll probably get this set because the interior makes this much closer to the WWW I'd always wanted back in 2010 (and also this one isn't awkwardly cut off on one side lmao)

Yes the interior on this one looks fantastic! And people were so quick to complain about it based on an exterior shot...

11 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

and also this one isn't awkwardly cut off on one side lmao

What do you mean?

Edited by sammy_zammy

5 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

One of my favorite details and one of the most obvious missing features missing from the DA version. Also, is that a new Umbridge head print?

Yes, it looks like a new face print! I actually have the Umbridge microfigure in my WWW but the new build with the head is certainly more comical. As a DA owner it is a bit of a bummer to see some aspects of WWW improved (the statue's head and hands, puking pastilles-statue, and other sticker details) as I'm certainly not going to buy the new set. Perhaps I'll bricklink the aforementioned parts to improve my WWW.

I think there's enough newness in the set to warrant purchasing it.  By the time I'd pick out the new parts I want off Bricklink and then pay postage fees it's worth it to me  just getting the complete set.  Hoping the local Costco's start getting in some new Lego soon.  Mine still just has the Space Box of bricks.  We haven't gotten anything new since the Holidays.  Was really hoping for the Up House that some have reported finding in their local stores.