Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Out of all the rumours emanating from the alleged survey, the HP sets are the only ones I actively dislike. A $250 Burrow is the pinnacle of pointlessness. We already have an amazing set at half the price. Who needs this? Let alone that wrinkly old shabby hat :laugh_hard:

If this is true, the 2023 wave will drop HARD in my ranking :hmpf_bad:

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Out of all the rumours emanating from the alleged survey, the HP sets are the only ones I actively dislike. A $250 Burrow is the pinnacle of pointlessness. We already have an amazing set at half the price. Who needs this? Let alone that wrinkly old shabby hat :laugh_hard:

If this is true, the 2023 wave will drop HARD in my ranking :hmpf_bad:

I have to say I'm feeling this way about the rumoured Knight Bus this year. Potentially if it has some sort of expanding / contracting feature then it might be a neat set, but otherwise it just feels like a pointless cash grab. And this is coming from someone who's always liked the bus both in canon and as a display piece. The Hogwarts Express felt iconic enough to warrant a more detailed display piece, but I really don't want to get into having every vehicle in the series made into 'UCS' style pieces. Budges aside, I just don't have the space for all these display sets and I'm sure others don't either. I can definitely see the Ford Anglia getting the treatment though if the bus is true this year.

On the one hand I would dislike the sorting hat and burrow leaks to be true, on the other hand, with all the sets in other themes that are releasing this year, my wallet could use a view skipable sets (although the Burrow might still be on my list, depending on how it will look).

18 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

I'm surprised we don't have an official image of the Quidditch polybag coming out in March yet (I'm hoping for Ron from HBP). 

Also, we could get summer set descriptions soon. I think we got them in February last year? 

Not sure when we could find out about the 2 unlisted sets. Retailer exculsives and D2Cs are normally held secret longer, yet we have both D2Cs already (if Knight Bus is correct), so it's a bit hard to gauge this year. I'm hoping for a proper Quidditch set, the Weasley wedding or Lovegood house/Tale of 3 Brothers. I know many would like the Durmstrang ship, but as far as ships go, I would rather have the Black Pearl.

Do people not think it will be a Ravenclaw student using the torso from DA?  All 3 other houses have an affordable way to get Quidditch figures except Ravenclaw.

4 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

Do people not think it will be a Ravenclaw student using the torso from DA?  All 3 other houses have an affordable way to get Quidditch figures except Ravenclaw.

Precisely why no one expects it; it would be nice and convenient for collectors and army builders. Add the Ravenclaw robes to the upcoming polybag set with Epilogue Ron and Hermione and the OotP death eater accessory pack that's definately coming never. 

For this year's polybag I fully embrace a reused year 1 hermione on a 1 brick high spectator stand with a wand and common flame piece to represent "Quidditch" lol

7 minutes ago, empiresperish said:

For this year's polybag I fully embrace a reused year 1 hermione on a 1 brick high spectator stand with a wand and common flame piece to represent "Quidditch" lol

Now you're scaring me. I was mostly expecting either Ron or Harry in the old Quidditch robes (or the banners sweater). Best case scenario would be for it to be the 2018 style (diagon alley) ravenclaw quidditch robe with Cho Chang and then the Quidditch Trunk to have the tryouts uniforms from HBP.

Personally, I would love to see a D2C Burrow! It's always been one of my favorites and we would be able to have all the bedrooms (latest version lack Fred/George and Percy's rooms). There are no $250 sets unidentified for this year, so at best, it would be for 2024 or beyond. I would be a buyer but it's definitely NOT needed. Anyways, there are many sets that should happen before that, which we've never gotten before: Malfoy Manor, Lovegood House, Full Quidditch Pitch, Fleur/Bill wedding, Slug Club, Quidditch World Cup, Hog's Head, Leaky Cauldron and so on. 

Too bad the deathday party didn't happen in the films as that would be a great way to get more ghosts.

Apparently @CloneO Patra has confirmed the validity of @JeanGreyForever’s claims on the LEGO LOTR page. If these leaks are in fact true, could we finally be getting a Deathly Hallows version of the Burrow featuring Bill and Fleur’s wedding? @CloneO Patra - is it true that you have seen the photos that @JeanGreyForever mentions? Do you have any additional insights?

28 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Apparently @CloneO Patra has confirmed the validity of @JeanGreyForever’s claims on the LEGO LOTR page. If these leaks are in fact true, could we finally be getting a Deathly Hallows version of the Burrow featuring Bill and Fleur’s wedding? @CloneO Patra - is it true that you have seen the photos that @JeanGreyForever mentions? Do you have any additional insights?

Please don't spin things out of control.

You can read my actual public remarks on the matter here from the Disney thread. That's what I had to say on the topic.

For what it's worth, I absolutely do not want to see everyone suddenly swing all the way and believe it's fully true only to be rather disappointed, but I think I articulated that in my post which I linked.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

If these leaks are in fact true, could we finally be getting a Deathly Hallows version of the Burrow featuring Bill and Fleur’s wedding? 

Describing what I see in the set, it doesn't appear to be Deathly Hallows-themed to me. Keep in mind the image I have only shows me the exterior of the Burrow and the minifigures are essentially blanks only recognizable by hairpieces. But there's no blonde minifigure so it doesn't appear there's a Fleur. Also I would imagine any set themed to Bill and Fleur's wedding would feature the tent from the movie and there's no tent mentioned or pictured. I would reckon the set is more themed towards Chamber of Secrets although the inclusion of Hermione instead of Harry is curious.

On 1/30/2023 at 10:49 PM, krimimimi said:

@dukesofbrickdom, imho @Textorix has one of the better "ultimate Hogwarts" MOC layouts here, but they tend to get buried in the rumours threads. This is one I had bookmarked: 

but I believe there were more up to date versions that included more of the modulars, so I'd suggest asking at the source. 😊

Thank you, I appreciate the praise.

This is the updated version:

10 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Describing what I see in the set, it doesn't appear to be Deathly Hallows-themed to me. Keep in mind the image I have only shows me the exterior of the Burrow and the minifigures are essentially blanks only recognizable by hairpieces. But there's no blonde minifigure so it doesn't appear there's a Fleur. Also I would imagine any set themed to Bill and Fleur's wedding would feature the tent from the movie and there's no tent mentioned or pictured. I would reckon the set is more themed towards Chamber of Secrets although the inclusion of Hermione instead of Harry is curious.

Thanks very much for the clarification. And thanks too for sharing the info that you found. Didn’t mean to “spin things out of control” with my simple question... I’ve never heard of LEGO doing surveys like this with prototype sets, so it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out!

So the leaks were true then.

But bruh, the Harry Potter ones sound terrible. Who asked for an even bigger Burrow? I mean, what is the purpose of this set? And a buildable Sorting Hat? Nah... :jollyroger:

I understand the Burrow. While the theme feels more or less "complete" with Battle for Hogwarts and Gringotts this year, it still makes money so they are going to start putting out "unnecessary" D2Cs. I like the idea of a Big Burrow even if it wasn't very popular.

I think people can definitely start praying for a playset D2C hogwarts now.

While completely unnecessary, the Burrow looks bloody amazing! Just when I thought that the 2020 version couldn‘t be surpassed *oh2*

But yeah, this has to be a 2024 set. No way this gets released alongside Gringotts

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While completely unnecessary, the Burrow looks bloody amazing! Just when I thought that the 2020 version couldn‘t be surpassed *oh2*

But yeah, this has to be a 2024 set. No way this gets released alongside Gringotts

If only I could see them. 

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And the Knight Bus.

I can see them now. They look pretty nice. Interestingly, The Burrow shows 9 Weasleys and Hermione (Ginny is on the balcony if you can't spot her). I wonder if it's true we will be seeing Bill and Charlie.

Just now, NostalgicBricks said:

I can see them now. They look pretty nice. Interestingly, The Burrow shows 9 Weasleys and Hermione (Ginny is on the balcony if you can't spot her). I wonder if it's true we will be seeing Bill and Charlie.

I don't get why I can't see them. I'm searching the usual # but can't see these or the Disney character builds. 😫

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Where did you see the leaked images? On instagram I've seen only the disney ones and Barad-Dur (which also looks amazing!)

I haven’t even built my original version yet I purchased from the revival 😅, but I have no interest in an extra large Burrow 

they should have done a wedding tent as it’s own set about £45 with a few exclusive printed figures, then a tie-in Advent Calendar to get a few extra characters for the scene 

Edited by Bugbot20082

21 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

Where did you see the leaked images? On instagram I've seen only the disney ones and Barad-Dur (which also looks amazing!)

Yeah, same. I’ve been looking around all the normal hashtags on Instagram and I think I’ve seen everything but the Harry Potter sets. 

EDIT: finally found the Harry Potter images. An Instagram user (probably a throwaway) _michaelbricksforever_ has the up along with a selection of the others, for those who still haven’t seen them 

Edited by Accio Lego