Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I didn't include a third scenario/worst case scenario of the set going the way of the Temple of Doom because I hate thinking about that.

Men in Blazers on Twitter: "Whom should they have gotten to play Rog?  Clooney? Giamatti? "Paulie Walnuts"?" / Twitter

It's amazing how McFarlane, Spin Master, and even Funko never pulled their merchandise for the movie, but Lego seems to be the one that always has to be different. Now that it's basically become official, I'm moving on to my first copium theory where Lego will repurpose the set into a Keaton Batman set and release it alongside the Batwing in the summer because there's ZERO chance that they'll permanently scrap releasing a 1989 Batmobile as a wide release set, especially with the D2C Burton Batcave on the way. However this time, the set definitely won't include the Flash and maybe it'll be swapped out for someone else from the Keaton movies like Nicholson's Joker again or something. 

16 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

who let @Mandalorianknight get near the monkey paw?

My bad, guys. (Dude, sometimes my life feels like a monkey's paw. I get what I want, in such a way it's a negative.)

I maintain my respect for lego not being hypocritical in their values, but it's of course better for them to just release the sets in general.

Well shoot. 

Given that the set was originally going to come out last year before the movie was delayed, and that we got a leak of the torso in October, this set was far into production being cancelled. I don’t mean to put words in his mouth, but at the beginning of the month, Ashnflash seemed to think that the set would be releasing sometime this summer, so this must have been a more recent decision. I wonder why they chose now. 

Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do now but be puzzled and hope on the minuscule chance that the set will see a later release. 

@Falconfan1414 Have you heard similar reports of the sets cancellation? Just curious. 

20 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

Given that the set was originally going to come out last year before the movie was delayed, and that we got a leak of the torso in October, this set was far into production being cancelled.

It very well could’ve been, I’m not sure how Lego’s production process works but it also could’ve just been a test print that got out into the wild. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh. This is just... sigh

Why would they even do that. It really makes no sense at all. I really wanted to have this set, because The Flash is very likely going to be one of the best DC movies ever made (at least judging by the current word of mouth).

Same bro same. I definitely think they canceled because of Miller. I can’t think of any other logical reason. I mean the set was already designed and at least had test printed. And I’m not sure how their contract with WB/DC works but they also might’ve purchased the play set rights to the film previously as well (if it’s not under some bigger DC film contact).

There hasn’t been a financially successful DCEU film since the first Shazam. Maybe Lego just decided they didn’t want to lose money on what might just end up being a bunch of shelf warmers.

53 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

There hasn’t been a financially successful DCEU film since the first Shazam. Maybe Lego just decided they didn’t want to lose money on what might just end up being a bunch of shelf warmers.

For all intents and purposes it sounded like a Keaton Batmobile set with a flash minifigure. I don't think they cancelled it over that.

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

If it was a set for any other DCEU movie, I'd agree. But this was pretty much going to be a Batman '89 set that featured what many consider to be THE Batmobile, as well as a second chance for a lot of people who missed out on the 2019 GWP promo set (even though you can literally buy it piece by piece on Bricklink for a fraction of the cost that scalpers online are asking for for a sealed copy, but the average consumer probably doesn't know that).

There was no way that this would end up being a shelf warmer after the GWP set sold out in a matter of hours on the very first day it was featured as a promo. It would be like when the 1966 Batmobile kept going on Backorder multiple times during the first few months it was available on Shop@Home back in 2021, but even crazier. The whole thing with Ezra is the biggest and most likely reason for why Lego pulled this set even though it had already seemingly began production months ago.

Edited by TheBatstan

actually so devistated if this set really is canceled

flash is my fav superhero and I have every fig of him and have been waiting to add another to the collection for 3 years now :(

I really hope the Batmobile is not included in the Batcave. If the piececount is right, 3900 is rather small if 400 pieces are dedicated to the batmobile, and let's say another 400 to another bat-vehicule. I really hope we get some news about the cave soon!

43 minutes ago, astroboy75 said:

I really hope the Batmobile is not included in the Batcave.

It kinda has to be, though. Releasing a Batcave set without a Batmobile to go along with it would be pretty silly. And we don’t have any unknown sets left that could fill that role :grin:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Deve essere, però. Rilasciare un set di Batcave senza una Batmobile per accompagnarlo sarebbe piuttosto sciocco. E non abbiamo più set sconosciuti che potrebbero ricoprire quel ruolo:grin:

It depends on the notice of the cancellations: if they designed the batcave while the batmobile was still planned we might not get anything.  but again, if the batmobile was supposed to come out last year and the batcave was programmed for this year, they might have put one in regardless of flash

Edited by Legocentrico

52 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It kinda has to be, though. Releasing a Batcave set without a Batmobile to go along with it would be pretty silly. And we don’t have any unknown sets left that could fill that role :grin:

isn't there 4/3 sets in marvels unknown that could also be DC?
1/2 could be DC ...

I doubt they have time to put it in the Batcave if its a recent thing and will just take out the flash and do a separate version in august without flash and with the penguin or something as the penguin did control the boatmobile. 

I doubt they will completely get rid of a set just because 1 fig is controversial when the main part is fine. Also I would have bet this set would have sold the most out of the wave. 

It'd be funny if there were flash movie characters in the D2C batcave. And they took out the flash ( Because of Ezra Miller ( who I'm sure the studio will drop after the film they've already filmed with him comes out, but I'm sure a lot of people won't want to see it anymore because of Ezra's actions)) but like kept Supergirl and Zod or whatever.

Ah yes, a dude in red spandex that runs fast is as controversial as a ww2 plane, dude, just don't use ezra's likeness and make it look nothing like ezra just like they did with happy hogan for the FFH sets.

Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if this has less to do with Miller and more to do with how the sets were supposed to tie together. After seeing the uhhhh...."mixed" reaction to the Hulkbuster having a second set tie into it (even though the hate was more due to the second set requiring design compromises to the main set), I wonder if the cave was supposed to have the Batmobile and Batwing sold separately but tie in and when LEGO saw the Hulkbuster thing they went "Oh f#$& we can't sell a $450 set that doesn't even have a batmobile" and decided to merge them. They REALLY can't afford another swing and miss on another $400+ superhero set after the Hulkbuster and BP bust.

Miller's extra-curricular activities have been known for a while now. LEGO has had ample time to switch the box art or pull his minifig if they were that concerned. This feels like something else to me.

3 hours ago, Goofster said:

dude, just don't use ezra's likeness and make it look nothing like ezra just like they did with happy hogan for the FFH sets.

They didn't do that on purpose and you know it's not the same. It's still based on a film with ezra miller as the leading star. 

Though i could see them just changing the boxart and not calling it a flash set but still include the same minifigs. Flash and Supergirl can just be seen as extras in a batman set that they pretend isn't connected to the movie .

3 hours ago, Goofster said:

Ah yes, a dude in red spandex that runs fast is as controversial as a ww2 plane, dude, just don't use ezra's likeness and make it look nothing like ezra just like they did with happy hogan for the FFH sets.

I know this is not what you meant, but it would be hilarious if they just swaped Ezra's head with Happy's and called it a day.

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if this has less to do with Miller and more to do with how the sets were supposed to tie together. After seeing the uhhhh...."mixed" reaction to the Hulkbuster having a second set tie into it (even though the hate was more due to the second set requiring design compromises to the main set), I wonder if the cave was supposed to have the Batmobile and Batwing sold separately but tie in and when LEGO saw the Hulkbuster thing they went "Oh f#$& we can't sell a $450 set that doesn't even have a batmobile" and decided to merge them. They REALLY can't afford another swing and miss on another $400+ superhero set after the Hulkbuster and BP bust.

Miller's extra-curricular activities have been known for a while now. LEGO has had ample time to switch the box art or pull his minifig if they were that concerned. This feels like something else to me.

I think you have a point its not exactly recent news about ezra so why have they done this now.
also I doubt they are cancelling kang in the marvel cmf series. 

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

They didn't do that on purpose 

Yeah ik, just saying that they could just make his face completely inaccurate or re use some other face if they really wanna avoid the Hawaii Monster.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I know this is not what you meant, but it would be hilarious if they just swaped Ezra's head with Happy's and called it a day.

Who said this wasn't what i meant 😏.

12 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It would be silly, but we've seen weird stuff from lego before, and there are technically batmobiles on shelves now, even if not the keaton one. I could also see them re-releasing the set as a Burton set and just swapping Flash for Joker or something.

9 hours ago, Goofster said:

The issue is that it is Ezra's flash. Now personally, I'm in your corner. The Flash is not literally Ezra Miller. But given the other sets lego has cancelled, I respect the consistency. 

3 hours ago, rome00150 said:

Rip this theme

Yeah, the writing's on the wall.

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Nah, replace the fig with Grant Gustin. The CW flash set everyone wanted like a decade ago finally arrives.