Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

What do we think we could get in 2024?

As there's no movies and we know Lego only thinks movie sets sell.

Personally I'm hoping for a £500 Arkham Asylum would love that and no not in a shadow box that takes up half the pieces.  

39 minutes ago, BatDeanj said:

Personally I'm hoping for a £500 Arkham Asylum would love that and no not in a shadow box that takes up half the pieces.  

I mean, I doubt we get more than one D2C, and at this point the BTAS skyline is the odds on favorite to occupy that slot. I'm with you that a large Arkham is the dream and I'd probably be able to never buy LEGO again and die happy if we got one, but that seems to be 2025 at the earliest. 

1 hour ago, BatDeanj said:

BtAS diorama is rumored. Maybe a wave of BtAS styled sets to go with it? Batmobile, Batwing, and Batcave seem to be Lego’s go to. Minifigures in the Diorama were rumored to be Mr Freeze, Batman, Phantasm, Joker, and Two Face I think. It’d be nice to get Harley, Ivy, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Robin, and Batgirl at least. Clayface, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, and Ventriloquist would be fantastic, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Batman Caped Crusader should also be coming to Amazon next year. The best we’ve gotten in the past is loose tie-in sets such as the Beware the Batman Batmobile with Riddler’s dragster and some JL comic based sets to coincide with the release of Justice League Action. Maybe we’ll get some loose tie-ins for this show or even sets based on the show.

Penguin and Joker 2 are also coming so maybe we’ll get loose tie-ins for those.

There’s still plenty of untapped set potential for the Nolan trilogy. We haven’t gotten Two Face, Ra’s, Catwoman, or the Bat-Pod. Been ages since we got Bane or The Bat. And I doubt anyone would complain about getting Joker at a reasonable price.

Also been a while since we’ve gotten anything based on Batman ‘66. 

And, of course, Lego could always release yet another version of the Burton Batmobile and Batwing.

Edited by psqidexslizer

39 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

BtAS diorama is rumored. Maybe a wave of BtAS styled sets to go with it? Batmobile, Batwing, and Batcave seem to be Lego’s go to. Minifigures in the Diorama were rumored to be Mr Freeze, Batman, Phantasm, Joker, and Two Face I think. It’d be nice to get Harley, Ivy, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Robin, and Batgirl at least. Clayface, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, and Ventriloquist would be fantastic, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Batman Caped Crusader should also be coming to Amazon next year. The best we’ve gotten in the past is loose tie-in sets such as the Beware the Batman Batmobile with Riddler’s dragster and some JL comic based sets to coincide with the release of Justice League Action. Maybe we’ll get some loose tie-ins for this show or even sets based on the show.

Penguin and Joker 2 are also coming so maybe we’ll get loose tie-ins for those.

There’s still plenty of untapped set potential for the Nolan trilogy. We haven’t gotten Two Face, Ra’s, Catwoman, or the Bat-Pod. Been ages since we got Bane or The Bat. And I doubt anyone would complain about getting Joker at a reasonable price.

Also been a while since we’ve gotten anything based on Batman ‘66. 

And, of course, Lego could always release yet another version of the Burton Batmobile and Batwing.

I think it was Harley in the skyline not Harvey. I still don't have any two-face so one in a different BtAS set would be very appreciated.

Edited by Agent Kallus

12 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think it was Harley in the skyline not Harvey. I still don't have any two-face so one in a different BtAS set would be very appreciated.

You are correct. It was Harley Quinn.

Keep in kind that the BTAS skyline might also be scheduled for 2025 set or never get to see the light of day at all. We have yet to see a single set from the survey leak become a reality :shrug_oh_well:

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Keep in kind that the BTAS skyline might also be scheduled for 2025 set or never get to see the light of day at all. We have yet to see a single set from the survey leak become a reality :shrug_oh_well:

True. But right now it’s the only thing we know of that even has a chance of being a 2024 set.

5 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

BtAS diorama is rumored. Maybe a wave of BtAS styled sets to go with it?

I doubt it. Why would they add so many characters to the diorama if the figs would be widely available in smaller sets?

Hopefully Joker, Freeze and Harley in the big BTAS set means another BTAS villain will be used instead if they decide to do a retail batmobile.

1 minute ago, doclord said:

Hopefully Joker, Freeze and Harley in the big BTAS set means another BTAS villain will be used instead if they decide to do a retail batmobile.

If anything, it unfortunately makes it more likely it'll be a repeat. Though to be fair, I think this is a situation where I'd actually prefer another batmobile with Batman and Joker, if it was significantly cheaper than the skyline set.

Hi,

On 5/26/2023 at 8:16 AM, Jason Todd is my God said:

Hi,

Well I do like it, though I'm worried about what the UK price will be 😟 45 dollars doesn't sound right, I hope it's no more than £35.

-J.T.i.m.G

Quoting myself here, but I looked it up and it's £43 🤨😱 at least ten pounds too much, and ironically enough the Batwing is more than £10 cheaper at £32, definity getting the Batwing first.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If anything, it unfortunately makes it more likely it'll be a repeat.

Ha, well if only they could've repeated one of the D2C villain minifigs for when they unFlashed the new Batmobile, like include Catwoman here but keep penguin exclusive to the big set on vice versa. 🤔

-J.T.i.m.G

41 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Anyone have any luck finding the polybag in store or online yet?

I too would love to know

For what it’s worth, I did a Google search for the polybag number, and it pulled up a pending page on Bricklink that said June 5th

23 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Anyone have any luck finding the polybag in store or online yet?

They sold out at the local Lego store first day! Waiting for restock! 

They said end  of month!

On 6/1/2023 at 11:21 PM, RichardGoring said:

Solid Brix Studio has a review up of the Batcave shadowbox.

After watching half a dozen video reviews,  it futther cemented my decision to buy this set! But I will wait for

Sale

Double vip points

Gwp

I'm also curious to know if any fellow Canadian has seen the 1992 polybag in the wild yet (Toys R Us is usually the one that manages to come through, though my local Walmarts did have the Doctor Strange polybag recently).

And after seeing a few reviews of the Batcave, I can't believe it took me this long to realize that the machine gun builds on the Batmobile also double as some of the exposed piston details that are on the sides of the car. It's a neat touch, but I'm still removing the gear function for it once I get my hands on the cheaper 76224 set. The machine guns were only used once in the '89 movie for maybe 3 seconds and then never seen again, so they're not that important to me. I've also been tinkering in Stud.io with the rear afterburner build since it's been bugging me for weeks that the binocular pieces used for the exhausts were placed a little too high for my liking. I didn't think it would work, but lowering them by one stud makes it look a lot better (to me) now.

Left is my modification, right is the official build:

8TiedgQ.png

Edited by TheBatstan

On 5/31/2023 at 11:37 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Brick Clicker has it as 2024, and even has a piece count. I would count it as a 2024 set until something proves otherwise.

On 6/2/2023 at 2:07 PM, The Pearson said:

For what it’s worth, I did a Google search for the polybag number, and it pulled up a pending page on Bricklink that said June 5th

Huh, that's interesting, good to know, I was going to my targets all over the city thinking scalpers bought all of them. I'll definitely keep a look out for them this week then.  It helps to know that the days my target stocks up on toys are tuesday's and fridays lolol maybe sundays

My opinion of the cave has gone up *slightly* after seeing it in person, although it takes an insane amount of space in the open position. I still think it looks cool closed, but it just ain't a $400 set.

Around me polybags can be really sporadic. never saw the spiderman one. Dr strange was available for about a day then dissapeared only to flood the shelves a month later. 

In his new video, Brick Clicker shows a batman coin, but I don't understand what he says :-D is this a new promo? Does anyone who has seen the video want to explain?

18 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

In his new video, Brick Clicker shows a batman coin, but I don't understand what he says :-D is this a new promo? Does anyone who has seen the video want to explain?

It’s a GWP (gift with purchase) to go along with the Batcave, but currently only available in Asia. It’s unknown whether the coin‘s going to be distributed in the rest of the world at a later date :shrug_oh_well: I‘d definitely like to have one, would go well with the Mario coins!

6 ore fa, BrickBob Studpants ha detto:

È un GWP (regalo con acquisto) per accompagnare la Batcaverna, ma attualmente disponibile solo in Asia. Non si sa se la moneta sarà distribuita nel resto del mondo in un secondo momento:shrug_oh_well: Mi piacerebbe sicuramente averne uno, andrebbe bene con le monete di Mario!

Thank you :-)

Hi,

18 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

My opinion of the cave has gone up *slightly* after seeing it in person, although it takes an insane amount of space in the open position. I still think it looks cool closed, but it just ain't a $400 set.

I'm going to have to echo this sentiment. Seeing it in person at the Lego shop it does look so much better, but it still could have been so much more. So much more. 😬.

-J.T.i.m.G