Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wish there was a second set, because Barry Allen, Supergirl, Dark Flash, General Zod, and Batffleck would all be so cool to get :cry_happy:

*Side note: Are we allowed to talk about black flash? I thought he was a spoiler, but I guess he is getting marketing*

I don't particularly care if we get a civilian Barry or not, but his Batman/flash suit would be awesome. Zod would be nice too, the set needs a villain after all, though ofc they could just slot in Black Flash. Apparently the new Batfleck suit is blue/gray? Which means it'd also be excellent to get.

Here's my guess:

Most likely: Keatonman with the standard cowl and re-used torso, Main Flash, Supergirl (new torso, re-used head, no leg print).

Better, but slightly less likely: Keatonman with the standard cowl and re-used torso, Main Flash, and 2 of either Supergirl, Zod, Black Flash, or Barry 2. My personal want would be Keaton and the 3 flashes, but no way they don't put supergirl in the set.

Very unlikely: Getting 5 or more figs, or a batcycle side build with Batfleck.

43 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

Four words:

”brick built Michael Gough”

Not a minifigure. A construction Alfred like the new ant-man.

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

*Side note: Are we allowed to talk about black flash? I thought he was a spoiler, but I guess he is getting marketing*

Not Black Flash, but Dark Flash. 

And yeah, since he's on official merchandise, why wouldn't we talk about him?

I'd love it if they brought back the MoS Kryptonian armor and helmet molds for Zod. I love those pieces.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

After (re)watching the trailer, I'd feel okay with Lego reusing the usual helmet for Keaton.

Like, it's what's going to happen anyway, but the piece was literally molded after that cowl, after all, so it does look pretty good for him.

I think the original 2007 cowl looks better because it is bulkier 

Anyone else feels like it would've made more sense to switch the vehicles between The Flash and Batman 1989 sets?

The Batwing could easily be accessible to more minifigures, resulting in more play value for kids. It could include Batman and both Flashes, all of them in the Batwing, with Kara flying next to them. 

The Batmobile, on the other hand, feels like a Batman-only vehicle (and why would The Flash use a car :tongue:), so it would've made sense to make it a set for the solo Batman movie.

I haven't seen the flash film yet so I dunno.

Also for the price of the flash set, I'm hoping the batmobile isn't the only build.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Yeah, it's wierd because you'd think a Batwing with those massive wings would be bigger than a long car, and yet the latter will include nearly 100 pieces more for an additional 10€.

One can dream, but I hope it includes Batcave elements or a small Zod's aircraft.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Anyone else feels like it would've made more sense to switch the vehicles between The Flash and Batman 1989 sets?

The Batwing could easily be accessible to more minifigures, resulting in more play value for kids. It could include Batman and both Flashes, all of them in the Batwing, with Kara flying next to them. 

The Batmobile, on the other hand, feels like a Batman-only vehicle (and why would The Flash use a car :tongue:), so it would've made sense to make it a set for the solo Batman movie.

Maybe the Batwing simply wasnt in the preliminary images they send to lego to base the sets on.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not Black Flash, but Dark Flash. 

And yeah, since he's on official merchandise, why wouldn't we talk about him?

Ah, dang. You sent me down a rabbit hole of "but isn't this just black flash" and I went too deep. I kept going way after I found out dark flash's role and I saw some spoilers that I kinda wish I hadn't seen.

But the film honestly sounds like the best DCEU movie. Might even beat Snyder Cut for me personally, and definately will for most people (I just really like snyder cut. It feels almost like a mythical story rather than a superhero movie, and it manages to take itself really seriously while also not being remotely grounded, which is not a combination we've really ever had before.)

But yeah, you're right, it's definately a separate character.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

It'd be cool it they made the same Batman cowl sans rubber cape.

That would be nice, though I doubt it'll happen.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I haven't seen the flash film yet so I dunno.

Also for the price of the flash set, I'm hoping the batmobile isn't the only build.

Could also just be a larger batmobile than we're used to. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

43 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Maybe the Batwing simply wasnt in the preliminary images they send to lego to base the sets on.

I mean the batmobile is unchanged from the Burton movies whereas the batwing is heavily altered from the '89 one. They didn't need any preliminary images to make that build 

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ah, dang. You sent me down a rabbit hole of "but isn't this just black flash" and I went too deep. I kept going way after I found out dark flash's role and I saw some spoilers that I kinda wish I hadn't seen.

But the film honestly sounds like the best DCEU movie. Might even beat Snyder Cut for me personally, and definately will for most people (I just really like snyder cut. It feels almost like a mythical story rather than a superhero movie, and it manages to take itself really seriously while also not being remotely grounded, which is not a combination we've really ever had before.)

What made me more excited than any promotional materials we've seen so far are the reactions from test screenings.

Multiple sources — including ViewerAnon, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, BossLogic — have said that the movie has been received extraordinarily well at test screenings. Apparently it got the best score for a DC movie since The Dark Knight, and some people even called it one of the greatest comicbook movies they've ever seen.

Not to mention James Gunn praising it, whose opinion is really valuable imo (and no, he doesn't lie — if Gunn says it's great, then he truly thinks so).

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Keatonman with the standard cowl and re-used torso

Standard cowl is highly likely, however they can’t re-use a torso for Keatonman if they want to be accurate since he has a black belt now instead of yellow and other minor things on the torso. 

I’m really concerned about whether main flash gets a new cowl though. The new one for the suit is really unique with its wings, so I hope they don’t reuse the JL one.

I agree with your ranking on least to most likely minfigures, and I too would prefer getting all 3 flashes ;( . If lego were to be kind enough to give us 4 figures it might become my favorite DC set ever lol.

48 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What made me more excited than any promotional materials we've seen so far are the reactions from test screenings.

SAME! It’s the film I’m most hyped about behind Oppenheimer

The 3 biggest characters in the promotions are Flash, Batman and Superman. If we get more than that I feel like we'd get another character over a repeat, so Batfleck and Barry junior don't seem too likey unless the side build is the batfleck cycle. I feel like they'd want a vilian too so maybe Zod or that evil flash ( I don't want to know too much prior to seeing the films so I'll leave it there)

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Could also just be a larger batmobile than we're used to. 

I hope not, I mean seating more people would be nice but I don't want it be too out of proportion with other vehicles.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Multiple sources — including ViewerAnon, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, BossLogic — have said that the movie has been received extraordinarily well at test screenings. Apparently it got the best score for a DC movie since The Dark Knight, and some people even called it one of the greatest comicbook movies they've ever seen.

Not to mention James Gunn praising it, whose opinion is really valuable imo (and no, he doesn't lie — if Gunn says it's great, then he truly thinks so).

Yeah, the test screenings have all said it's REALLY good, so I'm really excited for it.

Not a fan of Gunn anymore (His first couple things I saw of his felt unique and different and then it just felt progressively more nihilistic across the movies until peacemaker, which I've downright disliked)

5 hours ago, Nylock said:

Standard cowl is highly likely, however they can’t re-use a torso for Keatonman if they want to be accurate since he has a black belt now instead of yellow and other minor things on the torso.

Look, I'm glad we're getting more lego batman, but there's a non-zero chance that they just do not care.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I hope not, I mean seating more people would be nice but I don't want it be too out of proportion with other vehicles.

Good point.

7 hours ago, Nylock said:

Well we know they can’t use the Keaton torso because it doesn’t have the bat signal (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb3720c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11).

If they end up using the torso from The Lego Batman Movie I’ll be PISSED.

Watch them end up using The Lego Batman Movie torso because it doesn’t have a belt printed on it and they could just use the black utility belt part. 🙄

24 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

I really hope there’s a minifigure of the new Ben Affleck Batman suit in a set

I feel like if there's a character from the trailer that's definitely not going to be in the set, it would be Batfleck sadly, really don't see it happening.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I feel like if there's a character from the trailer that's definitely not going to be in the set, it would be Batfleck sadly, really don't see it happening.

I think this was discussed at least a little bit a page or so ago, but is there the possibility of a second set for The Flash? If the first includes Flash, the Keaton Batman, and Supergirl, then maybe a second set could include the other Barry, the Affleck Batman, and

Dark Flash

with the batcycle from the trailer and maybe a side build of some kind. 

At least this movie is getting a set and with its marketing push at least has a higher chance of getting an additional set or release of some kind (polybag perhaps) than other DC movies.

3 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

I think this was discussed at least a little bit a page or so ago, but is there the possibility of a second set for The Flash? If the first includes Flash, the Keaton Batman, and Supergirl, then maybe a second set could include the other Barry, the Affleck Batman, and

Reveal hidden contents

Dark Flash

Reveal hidden contents

with the batcycle from the trailer and maybe a side build of some kind. 

At least this movie is getting a set and with its marketing push at least has a higher chance of getting an additional set or release of some kind (polybag perhaps) than other DC movies.

Idk, even with a second set I doubt it.

The thing is

(I hope this works) If I remember the leaks correctly, Batfleck wasn't having that big of a role in the movie originally, if any at all. But the reshoots gave him some of Keaton's scenes (or something like that) for whatever reason. Meaning the set was likely designed before Batfleck got the role he will have in the final product and thus he might not even have been considered for said set. 

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Idk, even with a second set I doubt it.

The thing is

Hide contents

(I hope this works) If I remember the leaks correctly, Batfleck wasn't having that big of a role in the movie originally, if any at all. But the reshoots gave him some of Keaton's scenes (or something like that) for whatever reason. Meaning the set was likely designed before Batfleck got the role he will have in the final product and thus he might not even have been considered for said set. 

(your tag worked 👍) it’s a shame he may not get a minifigure. It’s a shame too that by virtue of the price of the set it presumably won’t include all the seemingly essential characters from the film; it will at least include Flash, the Keaton Batman, and probably Supergirl, but it seems unlikely it would include the second Barry and Dark Flash as well (and there’s the aforementioned Affleck Batman.) I could maybe see the set including Dark Flash but I don’t know if it would include both him and Supergirl. I think the US price is $44.99 and I don’t know how many minifigures would be included. There is also General Zod but at least he and the version/variant that would be included already exist.

Edited by SuperSquidman

Looking back at the leaked torso, I’m really glad that they decided to go with a non “powered-up” design. I think it would’ve looked too busy if they put the lightning/energy lines on it. Plus the details on the suit look great anyway. Very hyped for that minifig in particular. Hoping that there’s leg printing on both the front and side for the partial gold boots (prolly not gonna happen tho). 

I was already looking forward to the movie, but after that trailer, the hype levels are through the roof :excited: First time I‘m this excited for a DCEU movie! 

Hopefully the set delivers, especially in the minifig department. So many cool characters to choose from!

3 hours ago, Nylock said:

Looking back at the leaked torso, I’m really glad that they decided to go with a non “powered-up” design. I think it would’ve looked too busy if they put the lightning/energy lines on it. Plus the details on the suit look great anyway. Very hyped for that minifig in particular. Hoping that there’s leg printing on both the front and side for the partial gold boots (prolly not gonna happen tho). 

Oh wow, I thought that leak was fake. I really don't like the look of it tbh. But maybe it works if I see the entire figure.

On a sidenote, when I was looking back at the 4 month old torso leak I noticed in the comments talks about a technic batcycle (in between all the stuff we actually knew about 4 months ago). Has that rumour since been killed or is that still on the tables?