Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘ve seen every major Marvel or DC movie out there, and none of them had anything as mindbogglingly stupid as timetravel via reversing the rotation of the Earth. Did a 4-year old write that part?! :laugh_hard: This makes the sinking ice from GI Joe look smart!

Dude, as insane is it is, that apparently isn't even what was happening in the scene. Instead, he was going so fast that he reached the speed of light, and was able to time travel using that, and the weird rotation of the earth is just happening from superman's perspective. Or at least, that's what happened according to the director. No defending it or anything, It's still a blatant plot contrivance, and is almost incoherent as a scene, but I suppose that's what you get by trying to be one of the first superhero movies ever. It's not like there was much or a precedent for what would be seen as believable or tolerable to average audiences.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Followed by the most stupid sequence in any superhero movie I‘ve ever seen in my life :laugh_hard:

I think you meant epic 😎

@CodFather1: Fair point. It‘s still supremely silly for what‘s otherwise a very good movie, and arguably still the best movie featuring Supes :classic:

I wouldn‘t mind a set based on it, but the number of potential ideas is rather limited compared to what Burtman sets can offer

Happy for those who didn't get to pick up the '89 Batmobile or Batwing. As someone who has them, it's a bit disappointing. Was hoping for some comic book stuff or a new Arkham. But of course, I'll buy them lol.

5 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

Happy for those who didn't get to pick up the '89 Batmobile or Batwing. As someone who has them, it's a bit disappointing. Was hoping for some comic book stuff or a new Arkham. But of course, I'll buy them lol.

I also have both already. I really couldn’t care for the ‘89 Batwing but I wouldn’t mind a more accurate two seater Batmobile with the champions base plate. I really hope we get that Keaton cowl mold in the cheaper set but I doubt that’s gonna happen.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

@CodFather1: Fair point. It‘s still supremely silly for what‘s otherwise a very good movie, and arguably still the best movie featuring Supes :classic:

I will not tolerate this slight to ZSJL

42 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

There are more batman sets coming, are there not? I doubt they're all based on Keaton.

As someone who didn't get to pick up the '89 batmobile, I think I might get the new one. The whole situation around the movie continues to drive me crazy, but I don't think buying a lego set with Miller's character in it is endorsing his decision to become the IRL reverse flash.

31 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I really hope we get that Keaton cowl mold in the cheaper set but I doubt that’s gonna happen.

We won't get it. We've got to fit him into the batmobile, after all. 

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As someone who didn't get to pick up the '89 batmobile, I think I might get the new one. The whole situation around the movie continues to drive me crazy, but I don't think buying a lego set with Miller's character in it is endorsing his decision to become the IRL reverse flash.

Wrong. Every Flash Lego set that gets brought brings Ezra that much closer to escaping whatever secret underground bunker WB is holding them in until after the film releases. :grin:

22 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Maybe a batcave with the boat, and penguin and Catwoman, I know that wouldn't 100% match the movie but I don't think Lego would mind.

A new Batcave would be nice. We're should be due for a new one soon since the last version came out in 2019 and basing it on Batman Returns would go well with the rest of the Keaton sets.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Damn, that’s a fair and logical point.

We really need a new cowl mold already. I love the Batfleck short ears mold and I’m over the Bale pronounced brow mold. They just don’t cut it for other versions of Batman (Battinson and Keaton). C’mon, Lego, we’re long overdue for a new cowl mold!

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ooooh, that might be a dealbreaker for me. I really wanted that cowl.

28 minutes ago, wesker said:

A new Batcave would be nice. We're should be due for a new one soon since the last version came out in 2019 and basing it on Batman Returns would go well with the rest of the Keaton sets.

You're forgetting about 76183

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really want to see that set. The Flash and Batman are guaranteed minifigures, but I hope we also get Kara and the other Barry.

Same man, I’m eagerly awaiting the leaks! The movie looks so good. But I don’t see Lego giving us 4 minfigs in that set, I think 3 is likely though.

37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really want to see that set. The Flash and Batman are guaranteed minifigures, but I hope we also get Kara and the other Barry.

This trailer has me hyped. I wonder when the set will come out? I'm thinking April 

4 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Wrong. Every Flash Lego set that gets brought brings Ezra that much closer to escaping whatever secret underground bunker WB is holding them in until after the film releases. :grin:

If he escapes, would Grant Gustin be able to stop him, or would he try to create a new Flashpoint where his crimes are never discovered?

(Also, still sad that this movie isn't called the flashpoint paradox. It'd be nice to have a superhero film with a name other than just "hero name: subtitle")

3 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Damn, that’s a fair and logical point.

We really need a new cowl mold already. I love the Batfleck short ears mold and I’m over the Bale pronounced brow mold. They just don’t cut it for other versions of Batman (Battinson and Keaton). C’mon, Lego, we’re long overdue for a new cowl mold!

We do need a new one, ideally one for Keaton in the flash set (though we probably will just get another Balebrow with the 1989 batmobile batman's torso), but DEFINATELY we need one for Battinson. Makes no sense, especially given how different his cowl is from the others.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Ooooh, that might be a dealbreaker for me. I really wanted that cowl.

It'd be nice if they included both it and a standard cowl, but they won't.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'd think we'll see Zod, just so there's an antagonist. Though I suppose we could see 

Spoiler

black flash

since despite his supposed appearance essentially just being a cameo, he seems to be getting more merch than Zod.

Edit: At the same time though, 

Spoiler

Black flash is kinda a dark character,

so it's possible lego skips out. Their family-friendliness scale has been all over the place recently.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah I don’t think Miller was destined to come back after the movie anyways due to the new universe, so it’s not like you’re influencing any future decision on their future. 

My bad, apparently the flash set is a May 1st release, makes sense.

I hope the minifigs included (besides the obvious Keaton Batman and Flash) are Supergirl and General Zod. I can see them doing a dark flash fig too if not Zod.

The piece count seems to me that the build won't solely be the batmobile, maybe some sort of scenery too.

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wish there was a second set, because Barry Allen, Supergirl, Dark Flash, General Zod, and Batffleck would all be so cool to get :cry_happy:

There might still be! Don’t forget the other delayed 2022 Superheroes set :classic: Sure, it could also be an Aquaman 2 set, but there‘s still a decent chance I think

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There might still be! Don’t forget the other delayed 2022 Superheroes set :classic: Sure, it could also be an Aquaman 2 set, but there‘s still a decent chance I think

Nah, I don't think so. If it was ccoming out, it would've leaked along with the other The Flash set.

I really hope we'll get something for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom tho. Definitely my most anticipated DC movie before we fully go into the DCU. 76224 is a very likely candidate, as it was supposed to be a 2022 set (like the movie itself).

I'm not entirely convinced that the we'll be getting a third minifigure in the Flash set considering how many Batmobile sets in the past few years (76119, 76188, 76239, and 76181) only included two minifigures.  I would definitely prefer Supergirl over Zod if we do get a third minifigure though, as the 2013 Zod isn't particularly in need of an update, and is still pretty easy to get online.

Edited by spiderfan2000

I feel like this could easily be an exception, because it's based on an upcoming movie, which does focus on the Multiverse and versions of certain characters.

The price for a Batmobile is also higher than usual — 45€.

After (re)watching the trailer, I'd feel okay with Lego reusing the usual helmet for Keaton.

Like, it's what's going to happen anyway, but the piece was literally molded after that cowl, after all, so it does look pretty good for him.