Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Ofcourse, how silly of me. I completely forget how they often do that in between attacking Sewers with oversized dentures or racing the flash in dragsters.

Let’s not forget a monster truck against a jet ski

Not that it’s surprising at all, but promobricks confirmed the flash set will be Keatons Batmobile and likely very similar to the gwp set. 

16 minutes ago, Battlinpanther said:

Wonder if they’ll include Supergirl.

I think it’d make more sense to include her instead of the dark flash

If LEGO does revisit Batman villains we've gotten already, I hope they at least are strategic about it.

Clayface as a minifigure with the VIDIYO slime head, Bane using the 2021 Thanos bigfig mold, and Two-Face in his black and white suit would at least be worthwhile updates of characters that were released previously.  I suppose LEGO could also get away with straight up rereleasing the 2019 Catwoman minifigure, considering how much they go for now.

Edited by spiderfan2000

21 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If LEGO does revisit Batman villains we've gotten already, I hope they at least are strategic about it.

Clayface as a minifigure with the VIDIYO slime head, Bane using the 2021 Thanos bigfig mold, and Two-Face in his black and white suit would at least be worthwhile updates of characters that were released previously.  I suppose LEGO could also get away with straight up rereleasing the 2019 Catwoman minifigure, considering how much they go for now.

If the Batman TAS mosaic ends up releasing, there's zero chance we get a regular set with Black & White Two Face, Imo

Probably a hot take, but I would've easily taken a BTAS Two-Face minifigure over the Phantasm in that Gotham mosaic set. You could pretty much make the Phantasm the purist way without having to resort to using any custom pieces, but it's been 17 years since we last had a black/white suit Two-Face (and The Animated Series is where that color combo originated from in the first place). After that we've only ever gotten Two-Face wearing brightly colored suits that really doesn't represent the concept of dichotomy as well as black and white does. Granted, one of those minifigures was based on his Golden Age appearance, but it would've worked better if he was paired with a Golden Age Batman because the orange/purple suit just wasn't it.

Lego already has this weird aversion with including Harvey in the sets, I can count on one hand the number of times he's been a minifigure, and that's including the overexaggerated Lego Batman Movie version. He's an A-list Batman villain yet from the time the DC theme began in 2012, he's been in 2 sets (strictly the comic version, not the Billy Dee Williams version), and as of this year it'll be 4 years from when he last appeared in the 2019 Batcave. 

If Lego is finally capitalizing on the BTAS popularity, then the no-brainer decision would be including this design in a set with the BTAS Batmobile instead of reusing the Joker again.

maxresdefault.jpg

5 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Lego already has this weird aversion with including Harvey in the sets, I can count on one hand the number of times he's been a minifigure, and that's including the overexaggerated Lego Batman Movie version. He's an A-list Batman villain yet from the time the DC theme began in 2012, he's been in 2 sets (strictly the comic version, not the Billy Dee Williams version), and as of this year it'll be 4 years from when he last appeared in the 2019 Batcave. 

Anyone outside of Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Harley Quinn, and weirdly Mr Freeze (who has only ever been in the most hated Batman film as one of the most hated villains) seems to get shafted alot.

Harvey isn't even the worst offender. That's Catwoman, IMO. We've gotten her twice in comic based sets and only five times in other sets. Which, granted, is more than Two-Face who had 4 appearances in total, but Two Face has only ever been the secondary villain in two Batman films (someone at WB has a sense of humor). Catwoman is one of the big four from the 60's series, had her own film (which we don't talk about), and has appeared in 3 different Batman films. She's up there with Joker in terms of exposure but is stuck behind Penguin and Harley Quinn and only just tying Riddler. And we've yet to see a Catwoman based on either Michelle Pfeiffer or Anna Hathaway, despite both of them being pretty popular. 

On 2/4/2023 at 8:24 PM, Nylock said:

I think it’d make more sense to include her instead of the dark flash

Spoiler

Dark flash/black flash isn't even supposed to be in the film for more than a few seconds, isn't he? Like, he just appears when Barry's time-traveling? If anything Zod makes sense as the bad guy to put in the movie.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

Anyone outside of Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Harley Quinn, and weirdly Mr Freeze (who has only ever been in the most hated Batman film as one of the most hated villains) seems to get shafted alot.

To be fair to Mr. Freeze, the movie isn't why people like him. BTAS basically remade the character, and people like him for that, the comics that followed, and the Arkham games. I even see people saying they want Bryan Cranston to play him in the Reeves films (which, I don't see it, but sure)

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Dark flash/black flash isn't even supposed to be in the film for more than a few seconds, isn't he? Like, he just appears when Barry's time-traveling? If anything Zod makes sense as the bad guy to put in the movie.

Yeah I’ve heard that too. But I doubt that Zod would be in the set since he hasn’t been in any of the other announced merch but dark flash has been. Still think supergirl is the most likely though.

24 minutes ago, Nylock said:

Yeah I’ve heard that too. But I doubt that Zod would be in the set since he hasn’t been in any of the other announced merch but dark flash has been. Still think supergirl is the most likely though.

Zod was shown on the back of the box for The Flash Funko Pops. But even then, he's supposed to be the exact same version from Man of Steel. Lego probably doesn't see much use in remaking that figure when the old one still holds up to this day, especially when you put on the Kryptonian armor pieces.

44 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Zod was shown on the back of the box for The Flash Funko Pops. But even then, he's supposed to be the exact same version from Man of Steel. Lego probably doesn't see much use in remaking that figure when the old one still holds up to this day, especially when you put on the Kryptonian armor pieces.

Oh I didn’t realize funko did, and I agree with you

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:
  Reveal hidden contents

To be fair to Mr. Freeze, the movie isn't why people like him. BTAS basically remade the character, and people like him for that, the comics that followed, and the Arkham games. I even see people saying they want Bryan Cranston to play him in the Reeves films (which, I don't see it, but sure)

True. I'm just surprised he's trailing Catwoman and Riddler by 1 in terms of total appearances (unless you count the old Batman theme too, in which case he ties Catwoman) despite the two of them being A-list Batman villains with multiple movies and show appearances going back nearly 60 years. 

Lots of thoughts above about potential BTAS figures. While I get why people would want a character other than the phantasm it hopefully would give us a new mold (her like knife hand thing) and hopefully a new mold for mr freeze. The freeze figure from the Lego Batman movie had the dome that attached to the chest piece but in BTAS it has the dome with no large chest, so hopefully lego would find a way to make that work. Plus if you look at the BTAS characters I think a $300 set would give us a bit of dualmolding (for example check out robins arms, multiple colors could be used). Especially after seeing what they did with the lord of the rings set I now have a lot of faith in what a $300 DC/BTAS set.

1 hour ago, bricksbyjim said:

The freeze figure from the Lego Batman movie had the dome that attached to the chest piece but in BTAS it has the dome with no large chest,

Well, technically, in BTAS every single male character had an extremely large torso

20 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Well, technically, in BTAS every single male character had an extremely large torso

But a version of that part sans shoulderpads would be best.

Apparently we’re getting some sort of polybag based off of Batman Returns? I’m honestly really excited, I quite liked that one. It appears to have several pieces, so it might just be a micro build, and if it’s a figure, it’ll probably be Batman or Penguin, but personally, I’d quite like a Catwoman. 

9 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Apparently we’re getting some sort of polybag based off of Batman Returns? I’m honestly really excited, I quite liked that one. It appears to have several pieces, so it might just be a micro build, and if it’s a figure, it’ll probably be Batman or Penguin, but personally, I’d quite like a Catwoman. 

Very interesting. We've come a long ways from the freakout over the Batman Returns happy meal toys. Figured Lego would go to the Batman Forever well before BR.

3 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Exabrickslegogo's post says 1982

It's a typo, JediJacPenguin says it's from 1992, so we don't have to worry about something bizarre

Odd to do a poly bag of a movie they have never made sets of? I loved the figures from the UCS Batman 99 sets but I always thought looking back they could have done 1992 characters with the Batmobile (as the Batwing was only featured in the 1989 movie I believe so characters for that set had to be from the first movie)

But that being said, they may put the exclusive Batman figure with the rubber cape in the poly bag and it has to include penguin or catwoman (right? unless lego is trolling us) 

2 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Batman: The Animated Series also debuted in 1992…

That is a GREAT catch... could this be a lead in to the big $300 set. I looked back and all posts I see just say 1992 Batman so @NeutralNoodle makes a great point. Especially because a poly bag for the Keaton movie either means 1) figure with rubber cape (only in UCS sets, would tank its value) or 2) a new Keaton figure, which could make sense because it may be the figure in the upcoming flash set. 

Worst fear: this polybag is just a micro build of the bat ski boat.

but I’m hoping it’s actually just a super cheap way to get keatons batman with the rubber cowl/cape.
I think it’d be weird to do a poly bag for just devitos penguin, but then again we did get that electro from amazing Spider-Man 2 back in 2014 lol.

13 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

they may put the exclusive Batman figure with the rubber cape in the poly bag and it has to include penguin or catwoman (right? unless lego is trolling us) 

That would be perfect. And for that reason I’m thinking they won’t lol

51 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Batman: The Animated Series also debuted in 1992…

Exactly. This sounds like a tie-in with the leaked MotP set, as @bricksbyjim points out :classic:

An entire wave would be nice!