Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

They certainly don't recycle the 2015 one. I believe Thanos 2021 or even a further upgrade. But given recent history, the real question is, will we get a new Hulk? And will it actually be a Big Figure? But we've already talked a lot about this in recent months...

it would be nice to have confirmation of the film or films that will be the inspiration for the set, to be able to imagine the lineup

(AoU is confirmed, but I would like to know if there is more…)

If the AoU set includes a hulk at all, I'd imagine it has to be a big figure. You can't put a minifig hulk alongside non minifigs in an MCU set, he's so dramatically larger. (The sanctuary's thanos is a weird area, as the ship itself was meant as a midi-scale, so everything there is sort of out of whack).

I do not think big figs are dead, I just think they're taking a bit of a backseat due to the price increases. Bigfigs already inflate a set's price, in 2023 a set including a bigfig would probably seem massively overpriced on a level even lego would be uncomfortable selling. A $550 set would be a good spot in lego's eyes to put this in, as with such a big set the price increase for a single bigfig is almost unnoticable.

22 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

This is rather off topic but does anyone know if the 2021 to present Rocket Raccoon head (the one without the shoulder pauldrons) can fit inside the spacesuit Sandy Cheeks minifigure’s space helmet?

I don't own the figure, but looking at images, it unfortunately certainly can't. The space helmet fits around a minifigure's "neck", or the circle below the main shape of the head, and Rocket's "neck" is significantly larger than that.

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If the AoU set includes a hulk at all, I'd imagine it has to be a big figure. You can't put a minifig hulk alongside non minifigs in an MCU set, he's so dramatically larger. (The sanctuary's thanos is a weird area, as the ship itself was meant as a midi-scale, so everything there is sort of out of whack).

I do not think big figs are dead, I just think they're taking a bit of a backseat due to the price increases. Bigfigs already inflate a set's price, in 2023 a set including a bigfig would probably seem massively overpriced on a level even lego would be uncomfortable selling. A $550 set would be a good spot in lego's eyes to put this in, as with such a big set the price increase for a single bigfig is almost unnoticable.

I don't own the figure, but looking at images, it unfortunately certainly can't. The space helmet fits around a minifigure's "neck", or the circle below the main shape of the head, and Rocket's "neck" is significantly larger than that.

Could the base of Rocket’s head hold it down since it would still fit on to most of the torso’s neck peg?

5 hours ago, SuperSquidman said:

This is rather off topic but does anyone know if the 2021 to present Rocket Raccoon head (the one without the shoulder pauldrons) can fit inside the spacesuit Sandy Cheeks minifigure’s space helmet?

I ask because I want to make a first appearance Rocket Raccoon minifigure:

I just tried, and his snout was too long, it wouldn’t allow the helmet to close. Sorry about that. 

5 ore fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Se il set AoU include un hulk, immagino che debba essere una grande figura. Non puoi mettere un minifig hulk accanto a non minifigs in un set MCU, è così drammaticamente più grande. (Il thanos del santuario è una zona strana, poiché la nave stessa era intesa come una scala midi, quindi tutto ciò che c'è è un po' fuori di testa).

Non credo che i grandi fichi siano morti, penso solo che stiano prendendo un po' di retrosposto a causa degli aumenti di prezzo. I Bigfigs gonfiano già il prezzo di un set, nel 2023 un set che include un bigfig probabilmente sembrerebbe massicciamente troppo caro a un livello che anche lego sarebbe scomodo da vendere. Un set da 550 dollari sarebbe un buon posto agli occhi di lego per metterlo, poiché con un set così grande l'aumento dei prezzi per un singolo bigfig è quasi imperdibile.

If there is it has to be a Big Figure, I agree, but in the movie we don't see the Hulk in the tower, we only see Banner. We had spoiler sets EndGame without Hulk, Avengers 2012 without Hulk, Lego could exclude it again this time, I wouldn't be surprised… honestly this cost motivation doesn't convince me, Lego produces new pieces every day, big and small, because a BigFigure should be a problem?

2 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

I just tried, and his snout was too long, it wouldn’t allow the helmet to close. Sorry about that. 

Damn that’s a real shame. I was so close to having a custom first appearance Rocket minifigure. I guess I could do it without the helmet but it may feel lacking. I’ll try to think of other options for it. 
Thank you for seeing if it would work.

1 hour ago, SuperSquidman said:

Damn that’s a real shame. I was so close to having a custom first appearance Rocket minifigure. I guess I could do it without the helmet but it may feel lacking. I’ll try to think of other options for it. 
Thank you for seeing if it would work.

It might look hideous but have you thought about a chima head, not the the helmets that make them animalistic shapes but just the minifig head printed with the animal face. I don't think they did a raccoon but the skunk might be  close enough, it'd work with either the mister freeze/Mysterio helmet or the Sandy Cheeks one.

7 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

If there is it has to be a Big Figure, I agree, but in the movie we don't see the Hulk in the tower, we only see Banner. We had spoiler sets EndGame without Hulk, Avengers 2012 without Hulk, Lego could exclude it again this time, I wouldn't be surprised… honestly this cost motivation doesn't convince me, Lego produces new pieces every day, big and small, because a BigFigure should be a problem?

I agree that hulk doesn't have to be in the set, hence why I said "If the AoU set includes a hulk at all"

As for cost motivation, yes, bigfigs are significantly more expensive than standard parts and are generally considered to add $5-10 to the retail cost of a set. This has been widely accepted for some time now.

1 minuto fa, Mandalorianknight disse:

Sono d'accordo che hulk non deve essere nel set, quindi perché ho detto "Se il set AoU include un hulk affatto"

Per quanto riguarda la motivazione dei costi, sì, le bigfig sono significativamente più costose delle parti standard e sono generalmente considerate per aggiungere 5-10 dollari al costo al dettaglio di un set. Questo è stato ampiamente accettato da qualche tempo.

I'm not saying it's not true, but I don't understand what the problem is.. I don't understand why it's a problem for Lego: as a Marvel fan I spent 550€ for THAT Hulkbuster, I'd be happy to spend 10€ more for some new bigfigure. Maybe people don't like them and the big figure sets sell for little compared to the investment, I don't know…

2 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I'm not saying it's not true, but I don't understand what the problem is.. I don't understand why it's a problem for Lego: as a Marvel fan I spent 550€ for THAT Hulkbuster, I'd be happy to spend 10€ more for some new bigfigure. Maybe people don't like them and the big figure sets sell for little compared to the investment, I don't know…

Oh, I think I misunderstood what you were saying. 

What I was saying in regards to why we don't really see bigfigs much now is that they inflate prices that lego's already increased in the past year or two, and lego's probably worried that consumers wouldn't buy those sets due to how overpriced they would seem. While you purchased the hulkbuster, a lot of people didn't, and the BP bust is one of the worst selling marvel sets ever. Lego's had a number of marvel sets hit sales on the official site at a time few system sets go on sale on their site at all, so I could see them deciding that inflating the price even more by including a bigfig isn't worth the risk.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We haven't seen any traditional bigfigs in a while I'm holding out hope that the old style bigfigs are dead, and we can get something better to replace them.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Wow the shield looks surprisingly really good. This is their best one imo. But I don’t see a figure… which is either a good thing for some or a bad thing.

No figure at all is a letdown. My opinion of this set is:

If it can be held, the back doesn't look awful, and it's reasonably stable: Not for me, but an alright set overall.

If it can't be held/is a horrifying technic mess on the back/will fall apart if you try to pick it up: Absolutely terrible. The build doesn't look like anything special, and while I'm not normally annoyed by studs this is really pushing it, so if it can't even be held like the actual shield, I don't think it's good in any way whatsoever.

I'm gonna be honest — this is one of the worst LEGO sets I've ever seen, if not the worst.

What an awful build. I didn't expect anything good, but it somehow looks even worse. Such an ugly, repetitive, studded build. 

A flat disk for 210€. 

I don't like it, it doesn't look good for display and it must be very boring to assemble. I hope it doesn't have minifigures to avoid the temptation to buy :-P

do you think we'll see no way home tonight or they'll make us wait until tomorrow?? :-D

(there should also be 4+)

Edited by Legocentrico

It does not appear that the shield has a Minifig, which is good - I would hate for TFA or TWS Cap to be locked behind $200 worth of plates! 

That looks about as good as I expected, I can’t see a way it could have been tiled off. But damn, that looks like the most boring build ever. Just buy a marvel legends shield for like £50 less.

10 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Marvel and Lego Marvel competing for who can make the worst products 

haha that's right! but the worst thing is that lego could continue to exploit the golden age of marvel, and instead chooses to make very questionable sets …………

Shield looks pretty bad, even compared to the Thor's Hammer we got - full stud look just makes it feel unfinished. It's not good enough as a display piece and it looks incredibly fragile so unless you have a mess of technic supports behind it, it's probably going to fall apart easily.

40 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Best comment of the thread :tongue:

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

do you think we'll see no way home tonight or they'll make us wait until tomorrow?? :-D

Venomized Groot reveal? ;)

August sets, for reminders:

Venomized Groot I've put here because it's seeming less like a June release at this point. I'd hope we get clarification on 76266 honestly, that's intriguing me more at this point as we at least have a rough idea of the NWH set and it's aspects.

1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

I assume you haven’t seen Vol.3? Granted it being a great film is more of a Gunn accomplishment but it’s still “a marvel product”

9 minutes ago, calebcold3 said:

I assume you haven’t seen Vol.3? Granted it being a great film is more of a Gunn accomplishment but it’s still “a marvel product”

Great film? No

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

haha that's right! but the worst thing is that lego could continue to exploit the golden age of marvel, and instead chooses to make very questionable sets …………

The Avengers Tower is the only major upcoming Infinity Saga sounds set like something fans actually want. For every Daily Bugle we get a Hulkbuster, BP Bust, or Captain America Shield

11 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

It might look hideous but have you thought about a chima head, not the the helmets that make them animalistic shapes but just the minifig head printed with the animal face. I don't think they did a raccoon but the skunk might be  close enough, it'd work with either the mister freeze/Mysterio helmet or the Sandy Cheeks one.

I don’t think it would look too good. I do thank you for the suggestion though. I may try it for the heck of it but what I’ll probably do is take the Vol. 3 Rocket head and tail and pair it with a plain matching torso (with matching arms) and short legs, and replace the hands with either yellow or gold (probably the latter) ones, put 1x1 light bluish-gray studs on the feet and give him the blaster that (as far as I’m aware) first appeared with the CMF S1 Spaceman (maybe with an attachment or two, like one of these with its pin part in the barrel: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=20482&idColor=12#T=S&C=67&O={"color":67,"iconly":0}) For armor I thought about either the silver Power Miners one or an all-silver version of the CMF S9 orange and white robot’s armor (I think the former would look more accurate but its design would create a small gap making it odd even without the Sandy Cheeks helmet when I first thought about using it.) It’s so easy to make a first appearance Rocket but the only thing preventing the usage of the Sandy Cheeks helmet is the snout, everything else works :-/

Thank you again for the suggestion. I hope in what I wrote I didn’t sound dismissive of it (it may seem like a bit of a tangent but it may help others build custom first appearance Rocket minifigures if one wants to) as I do genuinely appreciate any and all suggestions on this matter. It’s nice to have others help and suggest things.

———————

(I clicked the Bricklink link after posting this and I saw it wasn’t the silver version of the piece (the same color as the aforementioned blaster.) I copied the link on that page but it didn’t work for some reason.)

Edited by SuperSquidman