Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

The No Way Home set sounds great figure wise. I'm just kind of worried about the build at this price point. I was hoping for a statue of liberty I could easily display next to the sanctum and daily bugle, oh well.

Venom Groot sounds absolutely ridiculous, the previous Groot was cute, but now it's just wasting sets imo.

Advent Calendar sounds great, hopefully Cap and Iron Man will be the ones from the Quinjet.

Ant-Man is just sad. Can't believe we still don't have a nanofigure for Wasp. Also no way it will outshine the one from Civil War.

5 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Advent Calendar sounds great, hopefully Cap and Iron Man will be the ones from the Quinjet.

They likely will be. Advent calendars almost never have more than two new figure designs. The rest are just recycled from other recent sets.

Getting a baby Rocket mold in the Vol 3 sets will be cool, but it makes me worry it'll mean we won't get a Cosmo mold as well. Should be seeing those sets soon so we'll see.

Glad I'm not into most of the Marvel stuff.  I've bought the occasional set here & there if it seemed really interesting with great parts.  Likely the only one I might be interested in out of these would be the NWH one even though I'm not a Spiderman fan.  

30 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

According to Brick Clicker, we're getting:

76249 Venomized Groot $50

76257 Buildable Wolverine $35

76258 Buildable Wolverine $35

76260 Cap and Black Widow Bike Chase $15

76261 NWH Statue of Liberty Battle $100

76262 Captain America's Shield $200

76267 Marvel Advent Calendar $45

Excited, as many other are, that we're getting another NWH set with the other Peters. Even if we don't get Lizard & Sandman, I can't wait to see how Doc Ock, Electro, and Gobby look.

Not a fan of the buildable figures.

Hopefully the Cap & Widow bike chase is based on Winter Soldier.

I'm a little more interested than I previously was with the Advent Calendar. The character choices are interesting. Happy to see how it looks.

5 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

They likely will be. Advent calendars almost never have more than two new figure designs. The rest are just recycled from other recent sets.

Lego Harry Potter would like to have a word with you xD. No but I just don't want another Mk 50 or Mk 85. I can make an entire Iron Legion with them at this point xD.

33 minutes ago, Nylock said:

ALSO, the cap and widow bike…. Are we seriously getting yet another aou set? Lame should’ve been a winter soldier set.

An AoU set would be fine if they included Quicksilver or Ultron again, until then I'm pretty done with it as well.

7 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Even if we don't get Lizard & Sandman

We apparently get Sandman, but as a buildable thing in the set.

Only missing one is Lizard.

Edited by Scarilian

Kinda wishing the price points/piece counts were reversed for the Captain America Shield and NWH Statue of Liberty.

I mean, c'mon... if you had told me they were making these two sets and asked whether a shield or the Statue of Liberty would be the one needing 3,000+ pieces for adequate details, I'd have guessed the set that isn't a simple, rounded, slightly curved, not-too-thick object.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders

This has got to be one of the worst years yet for Lego Marvel. This summer is stacked with buildable figures and weird way too expensive display pieces.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You mean buildable objects & creatures galore? :laugh_hard: Jk, I get your point.

Well yeah that is part of the HP sets :snicker: But I also just mean the amount of attention and detail to their sets and even niche characters. You can't convince me that "nicher" Marvel characters (I'm referring to Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel etc. Not the mainstream Avengers) don't deserve the same amount of care and attention as, *checks notes*, 'Hannah Abott' and 'Florean Fortescue'. Heck I watched the films and I don't even know who those characters are... I don't know how many buildable figures and venoms I can take before I completely lose interest in the whole theme.

Edited by kevkipo

The No Way Home set obviously had to be affordable to sell as good as it could, I have no idea why everyone expected a 200€+ set :tongue:

Not a fan of the movie, will definitely get that set. Can't miss out on all the minifigures, hope they spare no expense on the details. But, there's a big problem — no Lziard. I'd understand all five villains. I'd understand three villains (the main ones). But four? That's ridiculous. LEGO truly hates Lizard, we'll never get him.

The Captain America & Black Widow set could be great if it's based on The Winter Solider. Otherwise, it'd be incredibly random.

All the other sets sound awful imo. I'd understand a buildable figure or two. But we're getting four of them in a two-month span. Who the hell asked for a Venomized Groot figure anyways?

The shield sounds unnecessary. The build is not interesting enough to warrant a 3000+ piece set.

29 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm really hoping Lizard will still turn up somehow, as I haven't really been satisfied with purist customs of his movie design.

Me too but moreso I'm hoping for helmeted Goblin.

Though TBH I think the only one I'm after will be the nwh one, I'm gonna put marvel on the back burner in terms of priority what with Zelda and LotR getting sets, maybe getting some of the new Sonic sets and the DC sets.

47 minuti fa, Wonkyeye1 ha detto:

Ottenere uno stampo Baby Rocket nei set Vol 3 sarà bello, ma mi fa preoccupare, significa che non avremo anche uno stampo Cosmo. Dovrei vedere quei set presto, quindi vedremo.

Have you seen the list of summer sets?  All the budget left to make Rocket, Cosmo, Groot and even a new toilet bowl mold in the Bowie.  where I will throw all the super heroes sets of this crap year :-D

45 minuti fa, Buckethead ha detto:

Speriamo che il Chase in bicicletta Cap & Widow sia basato su Winter Soldier.

Sono un po' più interessato di prima al Calendario dell'Avvento. Le scelte dei personaggi sono interessanti. Felice di vedere come appare.

Winter Soldier would be a dream, but by now I expect the worst from lego.  So it will probably be age lf ultron lol

what do you expect from the advent calendar?  we have seen the two exclusive minifigures (and they suck) the others are all published, as always…

Man how hard is it to make a Ant Man set with a regular sized Ant Man. If your going to go buildable and micro, throw in the regular fig to complete all three forms!!

damn, this list sucks! Im only keen on two of the sets. 

Are those buildable figs really selling well that they are making more?!?

Also the sets not named yet…are the infinity saga sets coming later?

Edited by BusterNut31

39 minuti fa, kevkipo ha detto:

Questo deve essere uno degli anni peggiori per Lego Marvel. Quest'estate è piena di figure costruibili e strani pezzi di visualizzazione troppo costosi.

Exact.  like last year.  last year they had the excuse of the pandemic etc.  what excuse do they have this year?  all this buildable nonsense doesn't make sense, 200 euros for a shield???  why don't they make the statue for 200€???  or that cursed leviathan???  we are still without hulk and hawkeye 2012, and another year without big figures.  all this in exchange for groot-venom???  o.O HP team could give some advice surely…

17 minuti fa, THELEGOBATMAN ha detto:

Lo scudo sembra inutile. La costruzione non è abbastanza interessante da giustificare un set di oltre 3000 pezzi.

Including ww2 cap would convince many to throw €200 down the toilet (including me)

16 minuti fa, l'agente Kallus ha detto:

Anch'io, ma spero ancora di avere il goblin con il casco

HAHA sorry but thinking that lego would design a beautiful helmet when he can use the 1980 cap made me laugh lol

35 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

what do you expect from the advent calendar?  we have seen the two exclusive minifigures (and they suck) the others are all published, as always…

- The mini builds (Surprise! I like them too)

- Which variants of characters (Will Strange be from NWH or MoM, Will Iron Man be Mark 6 or Mark 50?, Will Nakia have a different hair piece?, etc.)

13 minuti fa, Buckethead ha detto:

- Le mini build (Sorpresa! Anche a me piacciono)

- Quali varianti di personaggi (Sarà Strange da NWH o MoM, Iron Man sarà Mark 6 o Mark 50?, Nakia avrà un pezzo di capelli diverso?, ecc.)

it's a surprise yes :-D

they will be the most comfortable versions for lego, probably the most recent.  and in case they are too desirable, they will apply a downgrade, as a starlord in 2022

2 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Only two sets have my interest in that wave. A lot of skippable Marvel sets this year means I might just get the Rivendell set this year after all.

In a sad way (for the Marvel fan in me) this is very true. Maybe a blessing in disguise?

9 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

In a sad way (for the Marvel fan in me) this is very true. Maybe a blessing in disguise?

Well now that dc has suddenly become desirable again, which I wasn't counting on, marvel definitely has given my wallet a small sigh of relief. I just hope the cmf series is able to fill the hole this year has given us.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Who the hell asked for a Venomized Groot figure anyways?

Sorry guys, that one was on me.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The No Way Home set obviously had to be affordable to sell as good as it could, I have no idea why everyone expected a 200€+ set :tongue:

Not a fan of the movie, will definitely get that set.

It being 99€ will definetly make me reconsider my position about not buying it.

I still couldnt care less about the statue of liberty, but if the build is good, who knows.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Me too but moreso I'm hoping for helmeted Goblin.

Would be dope, and if the only difference between the final battle suit and the 2002 suit were the mask, I'd bet on it.

But I cannot see them adding the mask, as the torso wouldn't match with it, so they either make a whole different minifigure (???) or just not include the mask.

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

If we're going off the "lego procedurally generates sets from eurobricks keywords" approach that led to the UCS dobby sock, then I forgive you, because it'll be my fault that every figure in the next LOTR wave will be Faramir. (which I see as an absolute win, but, y'know. I can see how some may be upset about not getting any other figs.

Very excited about the NWH set. That's a buy no matter what.

Everything else... eh. Can't imagine cap or wolverine will look good, I don't think the buildible figures have ever worked for non-fully helmeted humans. Venomized groot is super random. And like everyone else has said, how good the BW set will be depends on the figs.

I hope that Lizard appears in another set, otherwise I worry we aren't going to get a bigfig ever again. The last one was Thanos in 2021.

16 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

You are forgiven xD. We know how lego loves their Venom. I just hope we see a regular adult Groot again someday.

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

it'll be my fault that every figure in the next LOTR wave will be Faramir. (which I see as an absolute win, but, y'know. I can see how some may be upset about not getting any other figs.

Thank god you didn't ask for Boromir, that would have killed the theme a second time xD.