Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Looks like a solid figure overall. Shame they skipped out on leg printing but at least there are dual molded alternatives available to swap them out with. Even with its flaws the new Cyclops is still a huge upgrade over the 2014 version.

I've been eagerly anticipating the Cyclops figure but oof. Not sure if I like that.

His face just looks so... Lifeless and flat. The mask meeting the hairline also makes it look like he's wearing a bad toupée.

1 minute ago, SEmrys said:

The mask meeting the hairline also makes it look like he's wearing a bad toupée.

Just swapping it for a part that sits lower would fix that. 

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Just swapping it for a part that sits lower would fix that. 

Yeah, true. I'd likely do that anyway tbh, that hair piece looks a little too voluminous for me. Not sure what piece is best though. 

Edited by SEmrys

Now I know what's wrong... they either should have extended the flesh color up the forehead or made the hairline come down closer to, but not touching the visor. That blue on the forehead is not supposed to be there.

1 minute ago, SEmrys said:

Yeah, true. I'd likely do that anyway tbh, that hair piece looks a little too voluminous for me. Not sure what piece is best though. 

This would probably be the best, though this would also work. 

Just now, hikouki said:

Now I know what's wrong... they either should have extended the flesh color up the forehead or made the hairline come down closer to, but not touching the visor. That blue on the forehead is not supposed to be there.

I suspect that the head is designed to work for both versions of Cyclops's cowl (open top and fully-covered), and will not have an alternate expression. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, I don't see an issue with the Cyclops fig

Forehead

2 hours ago, SEmrys said:

His face just looks so... Lifeless and flat. The mask meeting the hairline also makes it look like he's wearing a bad toupée.

Don't look up what he looks like in a lot of the comics then... or SamCap... or that guy with the new amazon show... *title card*

2 hours ago, SEmrys said:

If you want to cover the forehead bit, I'd say agent burns's hair from Ultra Agents should work. It's not perfect, but I don't think any hair that covers the forehead would be.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Forehead

No, he's just got the one. (Apologies in advance if you aren't using the site in english and that comment sounds insane to you)

I don't think it's a huge issue, but yeah, if the 2014 head wasn't dark blue I'd consider swapping it out.

52 minutes ago, TheJackBricks said:

Welp, easiest Cyclops moc ever. Just add the blue yellow dual-bolded legs and yellow hips. I personally dig the hair piece

Totally agree (Though I think the hair would be the slightest bit better in Reddish Brown, not that it matters much at all)

But it does bring up a point. I can't imagine hips a different color than the legs are more expensive, so why did lego fail to provide them?

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

His suit is darker than Beast's fur, though, so dark blue would fit better. 

But it's also lighter than the suit his previous figure was based on. Ultimately though if the X-Men line grows out, that shade of blue will probably be used for Nightcrawler, Mystique and most X-suits that involve blue (Jean Grey, Cable, Bishop, etc). Only blue-adjacent X-Man that I could see having a different shade is Iceman

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I disagree that he needs a moulded visor, since the only way to do it (dual-moulded hair/visor piece) would be too bulky; printing is fine at this scale, especially considering that the pouches on his torso are also printed. I agree about Storm, though; she and Rogue should have swapped places (or we should have gotten Jean in the X-Jet instead of Rogue). 

4 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think a molded visor would look needlessly bulky. Printed was the way to go, IMO.

I do agree, and I don't have any problem with the figure... at least above the waist...The visor being printed is 100% fine by me. Even if not Cyclops for a visor/hairpiece mold though, I stand by my point that Storm's spot in the CMF should've gone to a different character that would require more detail or new molds. And Rogue is definitely a good shout, her hair could've really used that CMF touch

Her hairpiece looks like it belongs in a beach MOC next to a seagull

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Don't look up what he looks like in a lot of the comics then... or SamCap... or that guy with the new amazon show... *title card*

Couldn't find a show with that name, are you sure it's on Amazon?

Joking aside, I weirdly don't think I've seen anyone make customs for <title card><blood splatter>

14 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

But it's also lighter than the suit his previous figure was based on. Ultimately though if the X-Men line grows out, that shade of blue will probably be used for Nightcrawler, Mystique and most X-suits that involve blue (Jean Grey, Cable, Bishop, etc). Only blue-adjacent X-Man that I could see having a different shade is Iceman

That blue only works for the movie Mystique. For the comic/animated version the lighter shade that Ronan's new figure is using would be more accurate for her.

The colors on Jean's costume also tends to vary between the source. In the comics its the standard yellow and blue (like the Lego Marvel Superheroes game) but in X-Men 97 its more of a mix of between bright orange, dark blue and black.

26 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

...I stand by my point that Storm's spot in the CMF should've gone to a different character that would require more detail or new molds. And Rogue is definitely a good shout, her hair could've really used that CMF touch

Her hairpiece looks like it belongs in a beach MOC next to a seagull

I'll take it a step further... LOL

I do think that was a good thought - the CMF should have been Beast, and two other X-men who are not Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops or Magneto. At this rate, we look like we are getting Wolvie in just about every X-men release. I get that he is the Batman of the X-men world, but so many characters out there that also need to be featured.

1 minute ago, hikouki said:

two other X-men who are not. . . Wolverine 

He needs the extra printing and dual-moulding, though; otherwise, he would look like the version that came with the mech. 

38 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Who? 

You know...  that one guy. He's unkillable, indestructible, he's...*title card*

32 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Couldn't find a show with that name, are you sure it's on Amazon?

Joking aside, I weirdly don't think I've seen anyone make customs for <title card><blood splatter>

Firestar has a good one, as well as fellow *title card* characters "overbearing superhero dad" and "subatomic manipulator", but they're out of stock. (Though it's *title card* *cracks* now)

4 minutes ago, wesker said:

That blue only works for the movie Mystique. For the comic/animated version the lighter shade that Ronan's new figure is using would be more accurate for her.

The colors on Jean's costume also tends to vary between the source. In the comics its the standard yellow and blue (like the Lego Marvel Superheroes game) but in X-Men 97 its more of a mix of between bright orange, dark blue and black.

Honestly it's like panel to panel for a number of runs on the shade of blue on their suits at any given time. Since we have a dark blue already, I'm glad we've got the standard blue for this cyclops.

1 minute ago, hikouki said:

I'll take it a step further... LOL

Yeah, when bird poop is the better option, you've officially messed up the print.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You know...  that one guy. He's unkillable, indestructible, he's...*title card*

Firestar has a good one, as well as fellow *title card* characters "overbearing superhero dad" and "subatomic manipulator", but they're out of stock. (Though it's *title card* *cracks* now)

"Unbeatable Adolescent", you mean? I was honestly missing the reference until I saw "Overbearing Superhero Dad"! 

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I just mean in terms of the figure. But does he ever look like that in the comics? I can't think of a costume where he's not wearing the full (mouthless) mask or letting his forehead breathe - although that's not to say it doesn't exist. But you mentioning SamCap got me thinking that if this hairpiece was flat it probably wouldn't look as weird. As it is it looks like it's either a wig or growing through of the mask itself. 

More importantly, I'd forgotten that was out so thanks for the reminder it's time to start watching the all-new season of... *title card*

Ooohh, the Cyclops minifigure looks great! I love it :wub: 
The most important parts at least :laugh:
I hope I can find some yellow hips with blue legs attached somewhere, 'cause I don't like separating and (re)attaching legs from and to hips myself, and I'll definitely be changing the hair.
Probably to this one or this one, in reddish brown. This one would be great too, but sadly it doesn't come in the right color. 

Regards,
Mitch

6 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I hope I can find some yellow hips with blue legs attached somewhere, 'cause I don't like separating and (re)attaching legs from and to hips myself, and I'll definitely be changing the hair.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's never felt comfortable with taking the legs off of a minifigure (in my past experience, reattaching them always made the legs super loose and were basically ruined). But unfortunately, a combination of yellow hips with blue legs don't exist according to the "Hips and Blue Legs" page on Bricklink. There are 5 sellers who seem to be selling that combination, but they're all in Used condition...and I suspect that's because it was a custom job they made themselves instead of being an official piece. I'm personally going to use the blue legs with the dual molded yellow boots for now. I wish they had a yellow hip piece to complete the look, but there's not much I can do about that at this point.

I'm definitely changing the hair piece to the Mutt Williams hair in reddish brown too, mainly because that was the hair piece used for Scott in the first Lego Marvel game (which is what this figure SHOULD have looked like with all that printing detail :hmpf_bad:) and it looks way better over the hair piece they went with.

I do hope that Cyclops gets a second chance though and is given a redo in the X-Mansion set with the proper amount of detail for one of his most iconic costumes, because right now he looks pathetic next to the X-Men figures from the CMF. He especially looks like a 4+ figure when you compare him to Wolverine.

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

.I'm definitely changing the hair piece to the Mutt Williams hair in reddish brown too, mainly because that was the hair piece used for Scott in the first Lego Marvel game (which is what this figure SHOULD have looked like with all that printing detail :hmpf_bad:) and it looks way better over the hair piece they went with.

Right? That's exactly what I want to go for, as well :sweet: 
Too bad about the hips, I was afraid that combo wouldn't exist officially :sceptic:
Guess we'll have to pick some legs apart after all :innocent2:
Thanks for checking it out and sharing your finds!

Regards,
Mitch

1 ora fa, TheBatstan ha detto:

Spero che Ciclope abbia una seconda possibilità e gli venga dato un rifare nel set X-Mansion con la giusta quantità di dettagli per uno dei suoi costumi più iconici

If the x-men have the importance they deserve in the near future, I imagine we will get some updates in the future.

Sometimes I think that Lego makes very simple minifigures just so they can sell us improved versions (like Goblin and Doc Ock from NWH).

Many of you guys are planning to modify Cyclops, personally I would hate to change even just the supplied accessories :-D

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Unbeatable Adolescent", you mean? I was honestly missing the reference until I saw "Overbearing Superhero Dad"! 

Yes, him!

11 hours ago, SEmrys said:

I just mean in terms of the figure. But does he ever look like that in the comics? I can't think of a costume where he's not wearing the full (mouthless) mask or letting his forehead breathe - although that's not to say it doesn't exist. But you mentioning SamCap got me thinking that if this hairpiece was flat it probably wouldn't look as weird. As it is it looks like it's either a wig or growing through of the mask itself. 

More importantly, I'd forgotten that was out so thanks for the reminder it's time to start watching the all-new season of... *title card*

Yeah, that's really just down to a new mold being needed to make this fit perfectly. The hair's coming from the top of the head and falling down around the sides over the fabric, so I don't think less flat hair is that much of an issue. (Scott doesn't have Sam's cut in the comics, after all)

Only the first two episodes so far, weekly release, but only four episodes of *title card* this year before a midseason hiatus. 

6 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Many of you guys are planning to modify Cyclops, personally I would hate to change even just the supplied accessories :-D

See, I don't have a huge issue with stuff like not every character that should have dual molding having it. Fine, budget or whatever. But with stuff like the wrong hair, or not having yellow hips, it just feels like a weird oversight. It wouldn't cost lego any more to make it accurate, so why doesn't he have them?

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

See, I don't have a huge issue with stuff like not every character that should have dual molding having it. Fine, budget or whatever. But with stuff like the wrong hair, or not having yellow hips, it just feels like a weird oversight. It wouldn't cost lego any more to make it accurate, so why doesn't he have them?

The hair is the only one that bothers me. They have quite a few options to pick from that would work that you don’t need to create a new mold or make an existing piece in a new color. But they went with both the wrong color and the wrong style. It’s an easy fix, but it also shouldn’t have been an issue in the first place.

Non-printed legs. Non-dual-molded legs. Not a surprise. That’s pretty much par for the course. Hips are the wrong color, but that’s also not surprising since Lego is weird about giving characters yellow hips. As some people have pointed out, they will do it. But there are plenty of instances of them actively avoiding them too.

Edited by psqidexslizer