Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, thebricksbear said:

Yes, most comic readers know Wanda and Pietro have been retconned several times and I mentioned them with Ben Grimm because in the early 90s, when Marvel spiked in popularity, they were prominent. Regardless, you seem to be agreeing with me that "comic book heritages" can be pretty flexible and are also an opportunity for marginalized people.

Not really. 90s Marvel was ruled by Spider-Man and the X-Men. The FF and Avengers were not very popular during this period hence the Heroes Reborn reboot which was an attempt to reinvigorate these two teams but that was a flop so Heroes Return brought them back to main Marvel continuity. Avengers didn't get a boost until the Kurt Busiek, back to basics, relaunch where Wanda was very prominently featured. But even then, the Avengers didn't became Marvel's #1 team/book until the 2000s with the New Avengers launch which was predicated on Wanda being fridged to eliminate the classic Avengers. Comic book heritages are not flexible except in the case of Magneto and his former children because they've all been dealt with retcon after retcon. The same way his original daughter, Polaris, was introduced as his daughter but then it turned out she wasn't and that Magneto was really a robot...and for almost 35-40 years she wasn't his daughter until the 2000s reestablished her as his biological child. This is around the same time Magneto took over New York and began a widespread slaughter of humans, placing the rest of them in concentration camps, until this became too controversial and he was killed off and retconned as an imposter.

I imagine that Hulk will use the new bigfig model (I want to hope that the old model is retired). Unfortunately, we haven't seen any promotional material for the film yet, so it's hard to speculate on what he'll look like. I hope he doesn't reuse Hulk's toupee (unless his hair in the movie is actually similar). As for the mustache, if the general has it, I expect the Lego version to have it too. In short, I would like an accurate version, not a generic version like the old version

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

As for the mustache, if the general has it, I expect the Lego version to have it too. In short, I would like an accurate version, not a generic version like the old version

I always found it ridiculous how Red Hulk didn‘t have Ross‘ moustache, but they probably did it to keep his identity a secret (if I remember correctly, it was supposed to be a big twist) :laugh:

I suppose they could dance around the issue by having Ross be clean-shaven. Never seen Ford with a stache anyway

9 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

Genuine question: how many Jewish (or even middle-eastern)  themed references/pieces/prints are there in Lego? I cant think of any because I follow SW and Marvel mostly but are there CMF or Aventure pieces from back in the day?

Jewish never. Middle Eastern, does the Prince of Persia theme count? Or Aladdin? In the CMF there's been a snake charmer, a desert warrior and a genie. No stereotypes obviously. 

I don't think Harrison Ford had a mustache on the set of Cap 4, so most likely Red Hulk and the figure won't have it either

27 minutes ago, hvader said:

I don't think Harrison Ford had a mustache on the set of Cap 4, so most likely Red Hulk and the figure won't have it either

Maybe they've done a reverse Henry Cavill and CGI-ed it on :laugh:

4 ore fa, NXS7 ha detto:

Forse hanno fatto un Henry Cavill inverso e l'hanno fatto CGI-ed su:ride:

Or more simply a fake mustache ^^ it's a characteristic of the character, it's strange that they want to exclude it

1 minute ago, Legocentrico said:

Or more simply a fake mustache ^^ it's a characteristic of the character, it's strange that they want to exclude it

Depends. If Red Hulk's identity is supposed to be a mystery in the movie (for casual fans, the rest already know), then it's a good move. Unless Red Hulk has a mustache (which would immediately give it away) or they explain how it mysteriously vanishes during the transformation :laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Depends. If Red Hulk's identity is supposed to be a mystery in the movie (for casual fans, the rest already know), then it's a good move. Unless Red Hulk has a mustache (which would immediately give it away) or they explain how it mysteriously vanishes during the transformation :laugh_hard:

But consider this: Hulk with a moustache would go hard

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I say this would be a lame twist, but I know people who were SHOCKED by mysterio, so...

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

But consider this: Hulk with a moustache would go hard

not as hard as joe fixit goes

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I always found it ridiculous how Red Hulk didn‘t have Ross‘ moustache, but they probably did it to keep his identity a secret (if I remember correctly, it was supposed to be a big twist) :laugh:

I suppose they could dance around the issue by having Ross be clean-shaven. Never seen Ford with a stache anyway

This wouldn't be the first time Ford decided not to keep his facial hair level accurate to the character he's playing (coughs in han solo), so this wouldn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This wouldn't be the first time Ford decided not to keep his facial hair level accurate to the character he's playing (coughs in han solo), so this wouldn't surprise me.

Was he supposed to have facial hair in Star Wars originally?

34 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Was he supposed to have facial hair in Star Wars originally?

In The Rise of Skywalker, Harrsion ford's... force ghost? Leia Projection? has facial hair. Based on the outfit and his age, it's clearly meant to be han in The Force Awakens, where he had no facial hair. I don't know if it's been confirmed, but given Harrison Ford's attitude towards the movie, I'd assume he just couldn't be bothered to shave. (Which, yeah. I wouldn't want to for that movie either)

23 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

In The Rise of Skywalker, Harrsion ford's... force ghost? Leia Projection? has facial hair. Based on the outfit and his age, it's clearly meant to be han in The Force Awakens, where he had no facial hair. I don't know if it's been confirmed, but given Harrison Ford's attitude towards the movie, I'd assume he just couldn't be bothered to shave. (Which, yeah. I wouldn't want to for that movie either)

Oh yes, the memory/force projection by Leia. I noted the facial hair too which didn't match up with his death scene from TFA. Knowing Harrison Ford, you're right that he probably couldn't bother to put the effort in shaving and no one was going to tell him otherwise since they probably felt they were lucky he agreed to the cameo.

Hey just a quick question: is there a chance that we get a set with the MCU Iron Spider this year, they made the brickheadz and I doubt they would make them without making a figure same with the raimi Spider-Man green goblin buildable figure. could the 110$ set be a NWH bridge battle?

Why did the thread suddenly turn into a political debate? At this point I wish God sends hail fire upon earth… we deserve It

Posted (edited)

Interesting how the Iron Spider brickheadz box is the integrated suit. NWH highway battle would be incredible. I want a more accurate Doc Ock, a new Iron Spider, and the classic Goblin

Edited by hvader

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Oh yes, the memory/force projection by Leia. I noted the facial hair too which didn't match up with his death scene from TFA. Knowing Harrison Ford, you're right that he probably couldn't bother to put the effort in shaving and no one was going to tell him otherwise since they probably felt they were lucky he agreed to the cameo.

Yup, and if he couldn't be bothered to do it for the character that made him a household name, he's not gonna do it for a marvel movie.

29 minutes ago, hvader said:

Interesting how the Iron Spider brickheadz box is the integrated suit. NWH highway battle would be incredible. I want a more accurate Doc Ock, a new Iron Spider, and the classic Goblin

It's such a weird mistake. It's clearly not the same suit- how does lego not have a quality control guy for this?

We just completed the villains, I wouldn't expect any more NWH playsets so soon. The best way to get a new Iron Spider might be a diorama of the battle on Titan (so they FINALLY give us that Thanos infinity war)

In regards to Red Hulk, we might be in a weird position honestly. Red Hulk's original concept art would likely have been based on William Hurt who passed away March 2022 and was replaced by Harrison Ford in October 2022. They could'nt have produced concept art for Red Hulk with Ford's likeness until after the casting in October 2022.

It's unclear how early Lego needs the concept art to begin the process of designing and releasing sets. Spider-man: NWH released in December 2021 and we did not get the accurate sets till August 2023 - a turnaround of 20 months if we assume they started in December 2021.

Comparatively October 2022 to April 2024 is a turnaround of 18 months - as such there's a very slim possibility that it may wind up being based on outdated concept art for Red Hulk. This possibility increases slightly with the notion of the delays for reshoots as the finalized movie may alter the designs once more.

Personally though my expectation is just this with slightly more detailing on the trousers and having a movable head with removable hair. If the fire rumours are true then perhaps utilizing the studs on the back for some flame pieces.

38d5545d0d93dad567b212d9f359604a.jpg

7 hours ago, Matichado said:

Could the 110$ set be a NWH bridge battle? 

Doubt it. Even stretching the set I can think of only 6 characters the set would include: Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Iron Spider, Peter Paker, J.J.Jameson and University Lady. I've always imagined the set as being smaller with a re-used Doc Ock,Classic Green Goblin, re-used Iron Spider and a female civilian if it were to ever happen.

Ford Ross doesn't have a stache so MCU Rulk won't. I do hope he wears a full business suit though (it will be spandex shorts with too many stripes on them)

10 hours ago, Scarilian said:

In regards to Red Hulk, we might be in a weird position honestly. Red Hulk's original concept art would likely have been based on William Hurt who passed away March 2022 and was replaced by Harrison Ford in October 2022. They could'nt have produced concept art for Red Hulk with Ford's likeness until after the casting in October 2022.

It's unclear how early Lego needs the concept art to begin the process of designing and releasing sets. Spider-man: NWH released in December 2021 and we did not get the accurate sets till August 2023 - a turnaround of 20 months if we assume they started in December 2021.

Comparatively October 2022 to April 2024 is a turnaround of 18 months - as such there's a very slim possibility that it may wind up being based on outdated concept art for Red Hulk. This possibility increases slightly with the notion of the delays for reshoots as the finalized movie may alter the designs once more.

Personally though my expectation is just this with slightly more detailing on the trousers and having a movable head with removable hair. If the fire rumours are true then perhaps utilizing the studs on the back for some flame pieces.

Doubt it. Even stretching the set I can think of only 6 characters the set would include: Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Iron Spider, Peter Paker, J.J.Jameson and University Lady. I've always imagined the set as being smaller with a re-used Doc Ock,Classic Green Goblin, re-used Iron Spider and a female civilian if it were to ever happen.

I think the change was made early enough in the film's production that even with the original supposed release (february, right?), they would have had time to change it. 20 months might be a little longer than the turnaround actually is- aside from the $110 set assumably taking longer to design than a $55 one, we don't know for sure that they started in december 2021. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had the 2022 slots chosen at that time, or if the tower impacted other choices such as doing the Quinjet at that general price point in january 2023. 

7 hours ago, doclord said:

Ford Ross doesn't have a stache so MCU Rulk won't. I do hope he wears a full business suit though (it will be spandex shorts with too many stripes on them)

first of all, you're totally right- and that's not even an MCU specific issue, I think it was best exemplified by Keaton's suit in The Flash movie literally just being the 1989 suit with a ton of extra stripes/lines. Why do the costume designers think these suits need a billion lines?

Though I don't know I've ever heard of Rulk being associated with business suits- I'm sure he's worn one at some point, but I feel like he's usually in black shorts. The suit's more of a joe fixit thing. (The only thing that can save marvel is a joe fixit trilogy that's a 1-1 ripoff of the godfather but with a large CGI joe fixit in Micheal Corleone's place. No characters will at any point reference the fact that he's the hulk)

There's a fairly famous set photo with Ford wearing ripped black pants

But it could be a first transformation, maybe in the final battle he will have a suit...

Has it been confirmed Harrison Ford will be portraying General Ross? 
'Cause I just noticed on the Marvel wikia that there's a guy named Robert Maverick, also a military man who also turns into a Red Hulk. And his Hulk has a mustache :devil: :tongue: 

Regards,
Mitch

On 1/3/2024 at 2:43 PM, doclord said:

What if Ross doesnt have a stache but Red Hulk does? That'd be cool I think