Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

The only two rumors I can think of is a buildable green goblin and the X mansion.

54 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

Do we know much about what to expect after the january sets? We had quite a few leaks last Christmas time so hopefully we should be hearing something soon. 

February: 

40670, Iron Spider brickheadz 

40671, potted Groot brickheadz

April:

76284, buildable Green Goblin, $35

76292, Captain America 4, $50 (I guess this could be delayed now the film has been)

76296, Sam Wilson Cap buildable figure, $35 (same goes for this)

76298, buildable Spider-Man, $35

56 minutes ago, poisonbricks said:

February: 

40670, Iron Spider brickheadz 

40671, potted Groot brickheadz

April:

76284, buildable Green Goblin, $35

76292, Captain America 4, $50 (I guess this could be delayed now the film has been)

76296, Sam Wilson Cap buildable figure, $35 (same goes for this)

76298, buildable Spider-Man, $35

Thanks so much! Those had all slipped my mind 

It occurred to me, having seen the X-Jet for $80, that the X-Mansion we all thought was a very basic prototype, or even a simple placeholder, may end up being the final thing, and selling for the $300 that was rumored at the time. Which is pretty sad really.

With the Rocket figure including a Groot minifig, any chance that the buildable Goblin gives us a new 2002 Goblin minifig? Would be crazy if our only modern armored Goblin is just a buildable figure

1 hour ago, hvader said:

With the Rocket figure including a Groot minifig, any chance that the buildable Goblin gives us a new 2002 Goblin minifig? Would be crazy if our only modern armored Goblin is just a buildable figure

Baby Groot made some sense as it's supposed to scale with the rocket fig (even though it doesn't)- I can't see them putting a goblin minifigure with a goblin buildible figure. The $35 buildible spider-man is what's getting me- even if it has iron spider arms, I can't see a $10 price increase in two years off an already pretty highly priced fig for what it is. It's definitely not this, but it'd be funny if it was the Osborn Tech spider-man from the comics where Norman tries to help him, and he's got the spider glider, spider-bombs, etc.

Day 1 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 1

Nova Corps Cruiser

Figures: Nebula (Nova Corps), Howard, Yon Rogg

Edited by NXS7

9 hours ago, hvader said:

Sadly this buildable figure is more one of the constraction figures than the brick built models so there's really not a precedent for including figs (besides Sandman, but not sure he counts?) 

21 hours ago, hvader said:

Unfortunately this sounds like exactly what Lego Marvel would do. They cheaped out on the NWH goblin minifigure so badly that it hurts. 

Probably the last one for the year. Hulkbuster project I was working on has unfortunately got pushed back due to requiring more parts but maybe it'll see life again in 2024.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

Updated List:

Spoiler

JANUARY 2024 (Total 9):

FEBRUARY 2024 (Total 2):

MARCH 2024 (Total 3):

APRIL 2024 (Total 4):

UNKNOWN 2024? (Total 4):

Rumored/Other sets:

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Release dates are estimated given conflicting reports
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new set
8 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

New round of rumours, but nothing for us :-(((

We have a rough idea of things until April... so I guess that makes sense. Maybe we'll get some early rumours for mid year but given that any planned movie/show tie-in sets would be delayed it could shake things up a bit. At the moment 2024 seems like the break year, where you'll have time to save up.

On 12/22/2023 at 3:13 AM, hvader said:

Given the Green Goblin buildable figure (Based on his bridge appearance) includes his glider, I unfortunately doubt they'd have the budget/piece count to include a figure also. If we did he'd probably have a printed helmet piece also... so I'm not entirely sure I'd want that. His mask/helmet is a big part of the appeal.

I have a pretty awesome knock-off version of the Glider so if they do the 2002 version Green Goblin then it'd be a must buy for me. I'm leaning more to going back to the older films and replicating those.

On 12/22/2023 at 1:21 AM, RichardGoring said:

It occurred to me, having seen the X-Jet for $80, that the X-Mansion we all thought was a very basic prototype, or even a simple placeholder, may end up being the final thing, and selling for the $300 that was rumored at the time. Which is pretty sad really.

If Lego is smart they'll do a GWP polybag exclusively for sales of the X-Men Mansion featuring Deadpool. The set itself would have no relation to Deadpool so that way it won't negatively impact the sales of the set or anything else by association.

I think what we saw is very likely what we'll end up getting which is an Arkham Asylum (10937) style facade set. $300 for 3139 pieces is around $0.096 per piece. 20% off is relatively common with Lego sets now so that'd drop it to around $240 for $0.077 per piece... which is alright I think. It'll really depend on how many of the figures end up being unique and how well the build is on the other side.

On 12/21/2023 at 7:55 PM, Dr.Cogg said:

The only two rumors I can think of is a buildable green goblin and the X mansion.

• Green Goblin buildable figure is happening, has his glider and is apparently based on his appearance at the bridge (E.g. classic appearance)
  • X-Men Mansion is very likely happening in late 2024, given the leaks, would pair nicely with the X-Jet and it'd benefit from the release of Deadpool 3.
  • The only other rumour is an AoU set including Quicksilver based on the apparent leak of a torso matching Quicksilver's AoU appearance.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:21 PM, RichardGoring said:

I don’t think this will be the case.

1) The designers seemed to hint during the Avengers Tower reveal that next years set was going to be the best build ever. Now, obviously this is very much a matter of opinion, but I wouldn’t say what we saw is even in the top 10.

2) We already know that Batman art set isn’t going to include the same figures as the survey, so it doesn’t seem like the survey is final.

3) As others have pointed out, the figure lineup outside the mansion seem to be far more inspired by who appeared in the movies than who appears in ‘97, which makes me think it was an old prototype.

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

We have a rough idea of things until April... so I guess that makes sense. Maybe we'll get some early rumours for mid year but given that any planned movie/show tie-in sets would be delayed it could shake things up a bit. At the moment 2024 seems like the break year, where you'll have time to save up.

I'm not expecting the summer list, which should arrive between January and February, I'm waiting for confirmation of the next D2C (which in the last two years has arrived in December). We need real “confirmation” for the X-mansion and maybe a price/piece count could help us understand how similar it will be to the famous leaked image.

I am convinced that there is malice in the poverty of the current Goblin, Lego knows that a more detailed version will sell well, so I expect it to happen (sooner or later). Whether this could happen with the buildable figure is a big unknown. In principle I would say no, but we had a mech with two minifigures, Lego likes to change…

7 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I'm not expecting the summer list, which should arrive between January and February, I'm waiting for confirmation of the next D2C (which in the last two years has arrived in December). We need real “confirmation” for the X-mansion and maybe a price/piece count could help us understand how similar it will be to the famous leaked image.

I am convinced that there is malice in the poverty of the current Goblin, Lego knows that a more detailed version will sell well, so I expect it to happen (sooner or later). Whether this could happen with the buildable figure is a big unknown. In principle I would say no, but we had a mech with two minifigures, Lego likes to change…

As much as part of me doubts it, it WOULD be a way to drive sales of a $35 set that I doubt would otherwise be popular 

11 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

The summer wave list would still be handy for knowing if there are any additional X-Men sets on the way and whether we can expect more characters to be carried over to the X-Mansion. At the moment we only have the jet to go by.

Hopefully the mansion will also be a mid-year release like the Bugle and Sanctum were and we don't have to wait until the very end of year for its release like the tower did.

IMPORTANT NEWS!

I was at my local target today and they had the january wave! I picked up the war machine mech and NWH set. (Haven't built the NWH set but I'll give my thoughts on the mech in a second).

The big thing, though, is target had the X-jet listed for $60, not $85. Now, I didn't buy it, so I don't know if they just typed the wrong price on the shelf or something (Number was right though), or if they're actually selling it for $60, but that's... better. The set should be $50, but in 2023, $60 isn't as maniacal as the $85 lego's trying on their site.

My thoughts on the WM mech:

Figure is solid, good colors, and it does look bulkier than my 2022 iron man mech to the extent I could see it being worth $15 in 2024. I don't know if this is new for this wave, but they have the 1x2 plate with a ball joint on either end, which is a part I've been waiting for since they started using mixel joints.

My biggest criticism is that set of pre-bent limbs. The legs are Ok, but the arms have ONE POINT OF ARTICULATION EACH. That is absurd. I can take the pre-bent elbows, but no wrists? The minifigure has more arm articulation than this guy. And the articulation for them is actually pretty limited even at that one point given how they did the shoulders. This isn't just a "I can't pose it well" issue, this feels like it would significantly impact kids playing. He can't really aim the repulsors on his palms, etc. Not to mention the shoulder cannon has no articulation, which it really should have.

23 minuti fa, wesker ha detto:

La lista delle onde estive sarebbe ancora utile per sapere se ci sono altri set di X-Men in arrivo e se possiamo aspettarci che più personaggi vengano riportati alla X-Mansion. Al momento abbiamo solo il jet da passare.

I feel a mixture of excitement and dread about that list! Obviously I'm very curious and I hope to see at least 3 "x-men" entries (playset) but if there is nothing the disappointment will be devastating :-D

24 minuti fa, wesker ha detto:

Speriamo che la villa sia anche un'uscita di metà anno come lo erano Bugle e Sanctum e non dobbiamo aspettare fino alla fine dell'anno per il suo rilascio come ha fatto la torre.

I agree! waiting for the end of the year is exhausting

17 minuti fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

l'obiettivo aveva l'X-jet elencato per 60 dollari, non 85 dollari.

Interesting.. has it ever happened that Lego uploaded a price to the site and changed it upon release?

Anyway I hate you all, abroad you can find the sets in many shops, in Italy it never happens >_<

Fun Fact: the venomized doc ock has a different torso design to unvenomized doc ock, has the green highlights removed. Damn shame they  venomized it

Edited by LemonFlavouredBleach

Day 2 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 2

Avengers Vs Peter Quill

Figures: Ant Man, Mar-Vell, Winter Soldier, young Peter Quill (reused parts)

Builds: Mar-Vell's ship + Ego's egg ship

The Expansion

Figures: Ego, Thor (reused), T'Chaka

Builds: Brickbuilt Goliath + rocky build for Ego

Edited by NXS7

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The big thing, though, is target had the X-jet listed for $60, not $85. Now, I didn't buy it, so I don't know if they just typed the wrong price on the shelf or something (Number was right though), or if they're actually selling it for $60, but that's... better. The set should be $50, but in 2023, $60 isn't as maniacal as the $85 lego's trying on their site.

Here's hoping. $60 is definitely more feasible for this set than $85 especially considering the lack of leg printing on Cyclops or the plain hair on Rogue.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

IMPORTANT NEWS!

I was at my local target today and they had the january wave! I picked up the war machine mech and NWH set. (Haven't built the NWH set but I'll give my thoughts on the mech in a second).

Nice! Hopefully it wasn't a typo :thumbup:

Coincidentally, I pre-ordered the X-Jet at the Dutch/Belgian webshop Het Deense Steentje, last night, where it was already discounted to €67  :sweet:
But that's probably only during preorders, though. It might still be cheaper at that website upon release, but not as much as now.

Regards,
Mitch 

On 12/23/2023 at 10:11 AM, psqidexslizer said:

The designers seemed to hint during the Avengers Tower reveal that next years set was going to be the best build ever.

I remember this, but I never asked if the part of the video that talks about it is available, or if it is just the story of one of the participants. I would like to hear (or rather read, since I don't understand English) the exact words of the designer

@JeanGreyForever, @Legocentrico, and @CF Mitch I am hoping it wasn't a typo. A good part of me wants to go back and see if it's still there (which isn't a gurantee. I'm pretty sure the reason they put the january sets out is because they were out of 2022/2023 stock and the christmas rush was still on), but I'm also not sure I'd want to pay even $60 for it. If I've got to go back for another reason, I'll get an employee to price-check the set though.

I built the sandman set last night and it's pretty good. Sandman himself looks great bursting out the top of the tower, and I used the leftover base and figures from combining it to make a smaller display- didn't really rebuild much, just took the modules and figs repeated between the sets and kept the yellow tower with the smaller base-

Spoiler

IMG_2054.jpg

Is anyone with the Avengers Tower set currently trying to build a Santa hat to put on the A logo? I know I'd be doing that if I currently had the set.