Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

55 minuti fa, NoOneOfImportance ha detto:

anche se suppongo che tutti vogliamo dimenticare quel set.

3 new armor including a new villain, the new helmet, I personally bought 3 copies. There are other sets that I want to forget...

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Helen Cho is 100% new, and Selvig might also be included :classic: Plus there‘s the Kevin Feige minifig!

24 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

not major characters but Selvig and Cho (and Kevin) are new and we haven't seen everything.

Ninjago'd by the Sponge 

Oh, man, of course! :facepalm:
I know I saw and recognized Dr. Cho, but i guess my memory sucks since I'd already forgotten about her when I was writing my post :blush:

Thanks for correcting me!

Regards,
Mitch

16 hours ago, Scarilian said:

339843650_max.jpg

It's accurate, sorta, but they should bend inwards slightly as its more three curved pieces as opposed to a flat segment. Would probably require new pieces to replicate.

The upper section seemingly had a repaint and the penthouse segment was added changing the design.

I dunno it looks too basic and uninteresting. I'm definitely going to mod it so it's a mix of jumpers, studded and flat plates. It's prime real-estate for posing minifigs.

Overall, I think it's a great set and maybe the high-res pics/video will change my mind at some point, but right now I feel like Avenger's Tower is last place after the Bugle and Sanctum in terms of design. I will still probably get it near release date since I've been trying to find an excuse to use up my VIP points. 

29 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

BTW, are we sure about Selvig? I do not see him on the box. 

like 80% sure, there someone who looks close to him atop the tower by what i assume is the portal device, but the picture is potato so it might turn out to be someone else when we get better pictures.

16 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

Under the landing pad seems to be a new structural mould to stop the whole cantilever problem people like me have had to get around with MOCS  
The Entire landing platform acts as a brick seperator for the top floors of the tower when weight is on it So it straight up needs support throughout the whole of the floor.The Quinjet size will also reflects this not just the budget. 
The landing deck already is impossible with IRL physics so its no surprise they went the avenue of a new part. 

I don't think it is a new part, it looks like a bunch of the new 4x8 upside down tiles. On the front half you can clearly see 4x 2x2, 2x 1x3, and 1x 4x8 inverted tiles making up that shape. There is probably structural technic / sideways building connecting the back of the cantilever all the way to the baseplate (looks like the swoopy bit on the side is part of it). This means the individual floors will not be separatable below the landing pad, which is why the individual floors are so tall. 

On another note, what do you think is the best route for collecting several of the mini Quinjets? The possibility of a functional Helicarrier is very tempting right now...

I have had my space cleared in advance, and I am glad I did! Cashing in points and a gift card to get this and add it with the Bugle and Sanctum. Haven't gotten many Marvel sets due to my years of Star Wars, but the buildings have me!

Would love to go in person for the first day, but due to the release date, will probably stick to online and the waiting game.

7 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I agree; even if the person who found it did not want to buy it, I am surprised that they did not take any other pics of the box

I think the box was already within another box, and they couldnt remove it from there in order to spin it around

19 minutes ago, steveholt said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think I would have preferred less minifigures and a bigger build.

I think it's already too big. I don't even want to imagine how it could be if it had more pieces!

9 minuti fa, PGBQW ha detto:

Penso che la scatola fosse già all'interno di un'altra scatola, e non potevano rimuoverla da lì per girarla

uh I hadn't thought about this possibility :-( so we may not have any more images for a while

14 minuti fa, PGBQW ha detto:

Penso che sia già troppo grande. Non voglio nemmeno immaginare come potrebbe essere se avesse più pezzi!

In my opinion it is perfect just a little taller than the Bugle. Significantly increasing the size - as well as increasing the price - would have made it disproportionate compared to other buildings

Hello all,

The X-Mansion next year is keeping my interest in this theme as it marks the return of the X-Men after nearly a decade, hinted by this year's CMF.   The rooms of ther X-Mansion I would like included are:

Rooms

• Classrooms
  • Personalised dorms for main X-Men
  • Cerbero
  • Danger Room
  • Medical bay

Further, below is my desired and reasonable list for the X-Mansion minifugres (alongside their justifications in parentheses and whether I would introduce new moulds / pieces) based off the current leaks and context within popular culture.  Equally this list of minifigures is what I would design if comissioned by the LEGO Group to balance creativity and profits by maximising the interest and marketability in this set without skyrocketting the cost by introducing new moulds / pieces.

X-Men

• Professor X (new, his mansion, pre-existing moulds for wheelchair)
  • Wolverine (most popular X-Men member, pre-existing moulds)
  • Storm (X-Men films, pre-existing moulds)
  • Cyclops (X-Men films, original X-Men member, pre-existing moulds)
  • Jean Grey (new, X-Men films, original X-Men member, pre-existing moulds)
  • Beast (X-Men films, original X-Men member, pre-existing moulds from CMF)
  • Angel (new, X-Men films, original X-Men member, new for wings similar to Falcon)
  • Iceman (new, X-Men films, original X-Men member, new mold for ice-head similar to Ghost Rider)
  • Rogue (new, X-Men movies, X-Men animated show, pre-existing moulds)
  • Gambit (new, X-Men movies, X-Men animated show, pre-existing moulds)
  • Jubilee (new, X-Men animated show, pre-existing moulds)
  • Colossus (new, Deadpool films, pre-existing moulds)
  • Shadowcat (new, X-Men animated show, pre-existing moulds)

Brotherhood of Mutants

• Magneto (X-Men films, pre-existing moulds)
  • Mystique (new, X-Men films, new mold for hair and skull headrdess)
  • Sabretooth (new, X-Men films, Wolverine anatgonist, pre-existing moulds for claws)
  • White Queen (new, X-Men films, pre-existing moulds)
  • Juggernaut (new, X-Men films, new bigfid mould)
  • Pyro (new, X-Men films, Iceman antagonist, new mold for fire-head similar to Ghost Rider)
  • Toad (new, X-Men films, new mould for tail similar to Rocket Raccooon)

Note that I expect the X-Mansion to be at least the size of DC's Arkham Asylum and at most Marvel's Avengers Tower releasing next month.  A minifigure count of 19 lies between the count of these two sets.  A price point for around £350 between the Daily Bugle and Avengers Tower taking into account the cost of new moulds.

Note also that I have collected LEGO Marvel Superheroes sets since its inception in 2012 and have desired X-Men and Fantastic Four sets for over a decade.  Since the inception of this theme I have started and finished secondary school, college, and university; I have experience my first love and had my heart broken; I have travelled to countries; and I have moved house 7 times.  With both this Marvel theme and DC theme, patience is a virtue as there are many characters yet to be translated into physical LEGO minifigures (even though they have been designed for videogames) and their existence often depends on their appearance in popular films.  I simultaneously love the MCU for its unprecedented cinematic continuity, appeal to mainsteam audiences, and impact on popular culture; and appreciate Marvel comics for its legacy, diversity, and unboundedness in storytelling.  I appreciate any creativity and originality in this theme in both set design and minifigure selection, and I am welcome to any comments or critques.  Like many, I am bored of repititions of Outriders, Chitauri, AIM agents, and Hulkbusters; and reliance on MCU movies to design sets. (Who decided that Eternals deserves more sets than X-Men or Fantastic Four?)

Finally, note also that we all pay hard-earned money for LEGO so we are all welcome to ask for improvements deserving of money.  LEGO is one of the best brands in our world as it inspires creativity and imagination; applies the practicality of logic and methodology; and most importantly promotes the joys, innocence, and playfulness of being a child in an adult world.

PS: Whos' excited for "Deadpool 3", "Loki: Season 2", "Avengers: Kang Dynasty", and "Avengers: Secret Wars"?  MCU may finally be back on-track after some middling easily avoidable mis-steps.

13 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Fortune favours the patient, even the Bugle went on sale.

There will be multiple gwp's and double insider points on day 1 for avengers tower. I'll be buying then too! 

Plus the bugle price went up 10 months in so any discounts just take it back to what it was on release.

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

would have made it disproportionate compared to other buildings

Tbf, I think the Bugle is already just too tall when compared to a regular modular, so I think this one will look a but weird next to a regular house/library/jazzclub.

It's not just the size, but the very strange shape of the building. I can see the left side fitting perfectly, but the right one has this weird angle that leaves a lot of negative space? Maybe I change my mind when I see it in person, tho!

6 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

There will be multiple gwp's and double insider points on day 1 for avengers tower

Double insider points for this would be like, what, straight out 100€?

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Double insider points for this would be like, what, straight out 100€?

Double insider points works out at 10% so it will be about 50€. 

Though I have misremembered what happened last year. The double vip points was the weekend before black friday. 

The set released for black friday was eiffel tower, which got you 3 gwp's (eiffel's appartment, tribute to lego house and the winter elves scene). 

If this year is the same it will be the black panther outrider cab attack, plus two more gwps, plus insider points of 5% (€25).

That will be enough for me, though I appreciate people wanting to wait for a better deal. I spend lots of time waiting for deals, and buy most sets at least 30% off. But avengers tower is too good to wait for me! Plus I don't think you will get a better discount than the 3gwps anyway +insider points anyway. 

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Tbf, I think the Bugle is already just too tall when compared to a regular modular, so I think this one will look a but weird next to a regular house/library/jazzclub.

It's not just the size, but the very strange shape of the building. I can see the left side fitting perfectly, but the right one has this weird angle that leaves a lot of negative space? Maybe I change my mind when I see it in person, tho!

But these are still Marvel playsets, I think it's brilliant to make them compatible with the modular line, I don't feel like criticizing Lego if they don't blend perfectly. Even the architectural style clashes in many cases (in fact I regret not having bought the detective's office when I could), but as far as the fit is concerned, it will be enough to find the right position, which may simply not include a building on the right side .

As for purchasing, definitely as soon as possible! A second copy calmly, looking for the discount :-)

On 10/10/2023 at 3:32 PM, JohnTPT17 said:

If you want all of them, I would just get them on Bricklink. The cheapest set in the US that I can find, including shipping, is $62.50, not including sales tax. Then, there's no risk involved, and you don't have to worry about paying for duplicates/putting in the mental effort to hunt them down.

I did this, order should be coming in tomorrow thanks for the advice!

3 hours ago, mgetz said:

I did this, order should be coming in tomorrow thanks for the advice!

Happy to help! Enjoy them!

The top of the box has leaked! The Minifigs are as follows: 
Tony Stark (reuse) 
Iron Man MK.7 
Iron Man MK.6 (damaged, including helmet print) 
Captain America (without helmet) 
Captain America (with helmet) 
Thor (Mad-Eye Moody's hair) 
Black Widow (possibly reused from the Quinjet, but with printed legs!) 
Wasp 
Ant-Man microfig 
Hawkeye (printed legs, seemingly the same as Nat's) 
Wanda (reuse) 
Falcon (Falcon Cap hair, Clint/Nat printed legs) 
Vision (green head (not sure how I feel about that), phasing legs and cape print) 
War Machine (reuse) 
Pepper (reuse, different hair) 
Wongers (reuse) 
Fury (reuse) 
Helen Cho 
Hulk 
Selvig (appears to use existing parts) 
S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent (3x, different heads (one is Tony), new torso print but no leg print, aviator caps sports/fighter pilot helmets with snow goggles recoloured in black) 
Alexander Pierce (appears to use existing parts). 
Chitauri (4x, reuse) 
Loki (reuse) 
Ultron MK.1 
DUM-E 
Feige 

Those S.H.I.E.L.D. torsos and the Clint/Nat/Sam legs had better show up on PAB at some point, because I will need a lot of them! 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Pretty sure that Selvig uses the Luthen Rael head, kind of funny to do that but I mean it makes sense...

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Pretty sure that Selvig uses the Luthen Rael head, kind of funny to do that but I mean it makes sense...

I fully expected that, and it is a good choice! 

Back of the box is out: It looks like eight floors (five in the lower section); scenes highlighted on the box are "Puny god!", America's megablocks, party with Mjolnir, and stealing the Tesseract (Endgame). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Why does Black Widow always get the highest amount of printing out of all the characters? Decent selection though it was never going to cover everyone. Building is awesome and figures will be a bonus.