Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, hikouki said:

Or worse, just leave those characters out altogether.

Personally, I can think of plenty of X-Men I’d rather have than Gambit and Jubilee. 

What’s up with all the venomized characters? Venomized this and that…goodness forbid that Lego starts making venomized Cinderella and venomized Yoda.

23 minutes ago, hikouki said:

What’s up with all the venomized characters? Venomized this and that…goodness forbid that Lego starts making venomized Cinderella and venomized Yoda.

Venomized this. Venomized that. And still no Venomized Spider-Man. 😔

I noticed some mentions of the Cyclops minifigure, potentially coming with the X-Jet, having a moulded hair-and-visor combo...
I was actually wondering about that myself and had been meaning to ask what you guys think are the odds are of that happening.
It'd create a lot more customizability (is that a word? :blush: ) since you could then also create a Cyclops with more casual clothes too, that way. Whereas with a printed visor on a blue head, that wouldn't look well.
And, to be honest, I'm not a fan of the blue surrounding his neck and back of head on his uniform anyway. But that's my personal taste :innocent: 

Regards,
Mitch

3 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Venomized this. Venomized that. And still no Venomized Spider-Man. 😔

I completely forgot we still need the symbiote suit, that's so funny. Why haven't they done that, yet we have two versions of venomized Iron Man and Spider-Ham

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

I noticed some mentions of the Cyclops minifigure, potentially coming with the X-Jet, having a moulded hair-and-visor combo...
I was actually wondering about that myself and had been meaning to ask what you guys think are the odds are of that happening.
It'd create a lot more customizability (is that a word? :blush: ) since you could then also create a Cyclops with more casual clothes too, that way. Whereas with a printed visor on a blue head, that wouldn't look well.
And, to be honest, I'm not a fan of the blue surrounding his neck and back of head on his uniform anyway. But that's my personal taste :innocent: 

Regards,
Mitch

Just looking at the figures we’ve gotten in sets this last year, I’d say don’t count on it.

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Regards,
Mitch

In civilian clothes, he wears red shades so the visor wouldn't have much reusability outside of his main costume.

Outside of the X-Mansion I don't have high hopes for new, well designed figures. Especially at that X-Jets price to part ratio. 

But tbh, as long as Jean Grey shows up in some form I'll be happy. I'd like all the X-Men, but just being able to put the main 4 together (or at least the main movie 4) without having to pay thousands for that Comic Con Phoenix, will sate me for now. 

Finally managed to pick up Beast in the CMF also. Along with a second Kate Bishop and a 4th Mr Knight (for a grand total of 6 Moon Knight variants all in all). These blind boxes are killing me. 

7 hours ago, SEmrys said:

Outside of the X-Mansion I don't have high hopes for new, well designed figures. Especially at that X-Jets price to part ratio. 

But tbh, as long as Jean Grey shows up in some form I'll be happy. I'd like all the X-Men, but just being able to put the main 4 together (or at least the main movie 4) without having to pay thousands for that Comic Con Phoenix, will sate me for now.

I'm also worried that if we see characters like Cyclops or Rogue in the X-Jet, they won't have leg printing. Or in Rogue's case, even side arm printing.

In the comics, the main four are the same as the movie's main four characters as you can see below.

medium-8604506.jpg

While the Phoenix minifigure was good for its time, it really wouldn't look good with the new X-Men figures with the lack of dual-molded arms to showcase the yellow gloves. The green of her costume should also be a lighter shade of green (as seen in the pic above) rather than the emerald green they went with. The lighter green that Shaggy, Peter Pan, and Robin Hood wear in their minifigures is more accurate to Jean's Phoenix costume in the comics and the 90s show.

On 9/8/2023 at 7:49 PM, wesker said:

One character who will definitely need dual molded arms is Mystique. I just can't see them pulling off her animated/comic costume without it. She's already expected to appear in the mansion so hopefully they can find the budget for it. Also hoping she gets the new Bo-Katan hairpiece in red.

sw1287.png

Mystique would also need the skull on her forehead. That wouldn't look very good printed on her face behind the hair whereas the Lego Marvel Super Heroes game gave her a molded hairpiece with the skull molded onto the hair which is more accurate. 

If the X-Mansion features any villains, I think it'll likely be Mystique or Juggernaut. Mystique has a habit of infiltrating the mansion with her shapeshifting powers (and she lived at the X-Mansion during the 90s for a while as well). Juggernaut's fights with the X-Men are usually depicted with him crashing into the mansion so he's another likely choice and I can see a big fig being included in the mansion set. The only other option for a villain at the mansion would be Magneto but in his reformed X-Men costume with the big M that he was seen wearing in early promo art for X-Men '97 since he's part of the X-Men in the show now.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

While the Phoenix minifigure was good for its time, it really wouldn't look good with the new X-Men figures with the lack of dual-molded arms to showcase the yellow gloves. The green of her costume should also be a lighter shade of green (as seen in the pic above) rather than the emerald green they went with. The lighter green that Shaggy, Peter Pan, and Robin Hood wear in their minifigures is more accurate to Jean's Phoenix costume in the comics and the 90s show.

Mystique would also need the skull on her forehead. That wouldn't look very good printed on her face behind the hair whereas the Lego Marvel Super Heroes game gave her a molded hairpiece with the skull molded onto the hair which is more accurate. 

If the X-Mansion features any villains, I think it'll likely be Mystique or Juggernaut. Mystique has a habit of infiltrating the mansion with her shapeshifting powers (and she lived at the X-Mansion during the 90s for a while as well). Juggernaut's fights with the X-Men are usually depicted with him crashing into the mansion so he's another likely choice and I can see a big fig being included in the mansion set. The only other option for a villain at the mansion would be Magneto but in his reformed X-Men costume with the big M that he was seen wearing in early promo art for X-Men '97 since he's part of the X-Men in the show now.

I agree the Phoenix figure could be much improved today. In addition to using a lighter shade of green I think the yellow parts of the costume could be replaced entirely with pearl gold instead. Firestar's hairpiece from the Daily Bugle would also look a lot better than the one that was used on the Comic Con figure.

I don't mind if they did give Mystique a printed skull. It wouldn't be much different to Bo having a printed headset on her minifigure and it looks fine there. If they're going to create new pieces for the characters I'd rather they went to someone like Juggernaut or Apocalypse instead.

For other villains in the X-Mansion we can't forget about Sabretooth. He was present in the leaked set image and is a pretty important antagonist being that he's Wolverine's arch nemesis. It would also be a shame not to get Mr. Sinister given that he will be the primary villain of the new series.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I agree the Phoenix figure could be much improved today. In addition to using a lighter shade of green I think the yellow parts of the costume could be replaced entirely with pearl gold instead. Firestar's hairpiece from the Daily Bugle would also look a lot better than the one that was used on the Comic Con figure.

I don't mind if they did give Mystique a printed skull. It wouldn't be much different to Bo having a printed headset on her minifigure and it looks fine there. If they're going to create new pieces for the characters I'd rather they went to someone like Juggernaut or Apocalypse instead.

For other villains in the X-Mansion we can't forget about Sabretooth. He was present in the leaked set image and is a pretty important antagonist being that he's Wolverine's arch nemesis. It would also be a shame not to get Mr. Sinister given that he will be the primary villain of the new series.

I agree with you about the pearl gold for Phoenix instead of the bright yellow. That would make for a much nicer color combo. The emerald green and yellow combo is better suited for Rogue (or Banshee if he was ever lucky enough to get a minifigure). I've seen some versions of the SDCC Phoenix minifigure with Firestar's hairpiece and it does look much better.

That's a good point. I looked at the Bo Katan minifigure and she looks fine with the headgear printed on. Another benefit to having the skull printed on her head instead of molded onto her hairpiece is that the hair could be swapped out for other red hairpieces if one wanted Mystique to have longer hair than the short bob (the hairpiece for the SDCC Phoenix minfigure could work here then).

Sabretooth would also be a natural choice for the X-Mansion because not only did he spent time living there in the 90s comics (usually in the holding cells of the subbasement) but the 90s show depicted the same thing. However, since the sets are based off of the new show, I wouldn't expect the originally rumored minifigures to have any bearing on the actual minifigures we'll get. We'll have to see if Sabretooth, Mystique, or Juggernaut even appear in the new show to warrant merchandise for them.

With Mr. Sinister, the reason I can't see him in the mansion set is because he's not really the type of villain who's known for hanging out there or staging his attacks at the mansion (although he did in the 90s show during Scott and Jean's second wedding). Imo he'd stick out more than Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, or Juggernaut would if they were included. The same way I wouldn't expect to see Apocalypse in the mansion set, because he's another character more associated with his own bases and not attacking the X-Mansion. If there's any reason to include Sinister as part of the mansion, it's only because he's the big bad of the first season and they really wanted to include him but can't fit him into the X-Jet. 

With so many great villains, I hope we get more X-Men sets besides just the two rumored so far because I can't imagine we'll get more than 2-3 villains from these sets. I know merchandise for the new show has already started to come out and the showrunner confirmed that there will be a wave 2 of merchandise that features all the spoilery characters like

Spoiler

pregnant Jean Grey

so hopefully this means there is still a chance that Lego will have more X-Men sets released in a later wave that we haven't heard about yet.

On 9/8/2023 at 2:20 AM, LegendaryArticuno said:

Oh no not another one, the No Way Home ship has long past sailed... I don't even want the NWH Final Battle set.

What do you mean that ship has sailed? We're talking about the third highest grossing MCU movie ever, and the only one in the top five that wasn't an ensemble cast Avengers movie! Even more importantly, this was after Endgame when most MCU movies' ticket sales (and corresponding merch sales) must have been somewhat of a disappointment. And with the current strikes and future movies being delayed, what else is Lego supposed to base its Marvel sets on in the meantime - Ant-Man 3? (Which did even worse at the box office than BOTH Ant-Man 1 and 2, and that's REALLY saying something.)

Mind you, I haven't seen any Spider-Man movie since the one where Willem Dafoe played the Green Goblin in like the 90s, so I don't care either way. But if you ask me, between what I've written above and the fact that Spider-Man is probably the most successful Marvel Lego character, we could be seeing NWH sets for a LOOONG time.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

Just a thought. Maybe the reason the X-Jet has such a terrible piece-to-price ratio is because they went all out on the figures. 

Would be nice but I don't think that's at all a guarantee after the Hoopty, unfortunately. 

20 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Just looking at the figures we’ve gotten in sets this last year, I’d say don’t count on it.

No, I suppose not, huh...? :sceptic:

20 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

In civilian clothes, he wears red shades so the visor wouldn't have much reusability outside of his main costume.

True, I guess :blush: though I seem to recall he does have the visor without his costume occasionally.

Ah well, we'll see.

Regards,
Mitch 

2 hours ago, Meadius said:

Would be nice but I don't think that's at all a guarantee after the Hoopty, unfortunately. 

What are you talking about? The hoopty has 3 minifigs in a $90 set, which is an incredible fig/price ratio, and one figure even has LEG PRINTING!  '

Do we have any reliable or semi reliable methods of finding specific CMF figs now? I'm not wanting to pay well above the official price just to actually get the figs I'm looking for.

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What are you talking about? The hoopty has 3 minifigs in a $90 set, which is an incredible fig/price ratio, and one figure even has LEG PRINTING!  '

So true, if we can get two figs in the Jet I'll be overjoyed :pir-love:

2 hours ago, Meadius said:

So true, if we can get two figs in the Jet I'll be overjoyed :pir-love:

If you had said two Venoms, you’d be Lego’s target audience.

14 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Sabretooth would also be a natural choice for the X-Mansion because not only did he spent time living there in the 90s comics (usually in the holding cells of the subbasement)

With Mr. Sinister, the reason I can't see him in the mansion set is because he's not really the type of villain who's known for hanging out there or staging his attacks at the mansion. The same way I wouldn't expect to see Apocalypse in the mansion set, because he's another character more associated with his own bases and not attacking the X-Mansion.

You're definitely thinking far too much into this, LEGO Venom once used a mech to steal a safe of gold

12 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

You're definitely thinking far too much into this, LEGO Venom once used a mech to steal a safe of gold

Venom sells no matter what form he's in. Mr. Sinister is definitely not on that level of popularity or recognition.

6 hours ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

*Minecraft Witch sound effect

Ouch. Well, I wasn’t expecting much anyway :laugh_hard:

8 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Venom sells no matter what form he's in. Mr. Sinister is definitely not on that level of popularity or recognition.

Venomised Mr Sinister, here we come :excited:

On 9/9/2023 at 10:58 AM, hikouki said:

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Venomised Mr Sinister, here we come :excited:

In the comics, it's very standard to have dozens of variant covers featuring Venomized characters and often merchandise is made of these versions, even if they only appeared briefly on covers. So it doesn't surprise me that Lego is going this route as well because anything with Venom clearly seems to sell. 

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

If you had said two Venoms, you’d be Lego’s target audience.

Don't you know? The X-Jet is actually Venomized itself, and the four figures are just four Venomized Wolverines.