Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Goliath's head sadly doesn't look much like Lawrence Fishburne so either LEGO did a poor job of recreating him, or it's someone else under the helmet in What If S2.

Two options:

1. Marvel doesn't have the right to his likeness, similar to how Peter Parker doesn't look like Tom Holland.

Spoiler

Rumor has it his episode is set in 1988, so this is Laurence Fishburne but 30 years younger.

There is a picture of the back of the Marvel Series 2 CMF pamphlet on the renowned legoleaks page (I don’t know if I can say the specific site) and if one looks closely at the background, comic-panel-type design with the different characters, one will notice that there seems to be a new design for an Infinity War Thanos that uses the 2021/2023 mold.

3 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

There is a picture of the back of the Marvel Series 2 CMF pamphlet on the renowned legoleaks page (I don’t know if I can say the specific site) and if one looks closely at the background, comic-panel-type design with the different characters, one will notice that there seems to be a new design for an Infinity War Thanos that uses the 2021/2023 mold.

I think that's just the 2018 IW Thanos they've been using for all the Marvel box graphics

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

I think that's just the 2018 IW Thanos they've been using for all the Marvel box graphics

The printing doesn’t seem to match up. The only thing that could make it seem that way is a piece near the back of the head, back of the cheek and around the lower neck area, as one could believe it’s the helmet of the 2018 big figure, but it doesn’t quite match and the printing still doesn’t as well. Which means it’s probably a slightly oversized attempt at including his collar as part of the mold.

Edited by SuperSquidman

2 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

The printing doesn’t seem to match up. The only thing that could make it seem that way is a piece near the back of the head, back of the cheek and around the lower neck area, as one could believe it’s the helmet of the 2018 big figure, but it doesn’t quite match and the printing still doesn’t as well. Which means it’s probably a slightly oversized attempt at including his collar as part of the mold.

EDIT: It does look slightly different from the official 2018 figure but upon comparisons with previous box arts, I think it's unfortunately the same figure...

Edited by hvader

Just now, hvader said:

Upon closer look I think you're right. It does look different. Maybe a new IW set is coming...

Yeah it doesn’t look like the same figure but now I’m not too sure what exactly it is because that aforementioned, seeming collar sometimes looks just like the 2018 helmet but the printing doesn’t match that figure.

1 minute ago, SuperSquidman said:

Yeah it doesn’t look like the same figure but now I’m not too sure what exactly it is because that aforementioned, seeming collar sometimes looks just like the 2018 helmet but the printing doesn’t match that figure.

Actually upon comparisons w previous box arts, yeah it is that 2018 figure they've been printing on those boxes since 2021/2022... Not a new design

Edited by hvader

So i saw on Falcons page a weight comparison for the cmf series. Who’s going to weigh them? 
and isn’t there an order in the box? Like the Super Mario ones had? 

21 minutes ago, Borex said:

So i saw on Falcons page a weight comparison for the cmf series. Who’s going to weigh them? 
and isn’t there an order in the box? Like the Super Mario ones had? 

I hope there's an order to them, but this is also a useful method for anyone who wants to narrow their options.

I noticed some of the weights are the same (She-Hulk and Wolverine have the same weights for instance) so I figured I’d make this guide on how to potentially tell who’s in the box given weight and other factors in the instance two or more figures have the same weight:

(The weights will not be in order from lowest to highest or vice versa as I was following an image that didn’t do that initially and then with how it had been written it was easier to not change it)

Agatha Harkness - 22g: According to the image I saw she is the only one at 22g; this makes sense given the weight of her hairpiece, the skirt piece, the power blast accessories and the book (which is compromised of three pieces in total.)

Hawkeye, Mr. Knight and Beast - 18g: Hawkeye, Mr. Knight and Beast are the same weight at 18g— the question then becomes “how can one tell these figures apart?” and this is how: though they are the same weight, if one shakes the box one will hear the different pieces hit the bottom or sides of the box and the amount of pieces hitting the box and/or the type of sound of it hitting the box can tell one who it is:/; Beast has a small, brick-built microscope, so one will hear three or four small pieces hitting the box; Mr. Knight doesn’t have these neither Hawkeye; Mr. Knight is a standard minifigure (head, torso and legs) with two, small bar pieces, a translucent, one-by-two piece that is one block high with printing, a one-by-two, flat, black, ingot piece, and a one-by-two, sand-colored piece and so one should hear these when shaking it if it’s not Beast or Hawkeye as the aforementioned three or four small pieces will not make the same sound when hitting the box as the piece that is the aquarium and its lid and floor which will make light sounds but ones that cover more area than and the bar pieces will not make as much sound as the three or four pieces comprising the microscope combined; Hawkeye is just a standard minifigure but with hair, the quiver, the bow and the owl— these are less pieces than Beast and Mr. Knight and the bigger sizes of the quiver and bow will not make the same sounds as the aforementioned pieces.

Kate Bishop - 21g: This is the only figure that weighs this much.

Moon Knight - 20g: This is the only figure that weighs this much.

She-Hulk, The Wolverine and Storm - 19g: Though these figures all have the same weight the same methods employed to tell Hawkeye, Beast and Mr. Knight can be employed here:

(When writing this I didn’t recall that The Wolverine has a hairpiece but it’s fairly light and won’t matter given the sentinel head and what’s explained in the following)

She-Hulk’s two biggest pieces are her hair and the court, papers folder, the smallest pieces are the phone and the two pieces on which the folder can be displayed— Storm only has her hair, shoulder piece and lightning bolts and The Wolverine has his two claw accessories, his mask and the Sentinel head:/; when shaking the box the smaller pieces of She-Hulk will be heard and these will not be heard as much with The Wolverine or Storm as the latter has fewer pieces and the former has not only fewer pieces but the Sentinel head which with its greater density will make a more impactful sound (inadvertently somewhat dampening the sound of the claws and the rather hollow mask) than the accessories of Storm which will make the least sound and the accessories of She-Hulk which will make more sound but these will be the folder and the greater number of smaller pieces thus these will not sound like The Wolverine’s accessories.

Echo, Goliath and Werewolf by Night - 17g: Again the method employed to tell apart figures of the same weight is employed here: Echo and Werewolf can initially seem difficult to tell apart since their number of accessories is the same in regards to figure and separate, non-bodily accessories (both are head, torso, legs and hairpiece with three pieces making up separate, non-bodily accessories) but there is a notable difference: Echo’s separate accessories, which build one handheld item, are smaller and thus will make different sounds when hitting the box than Werewolf’s since his accessories, with the exception of the bloodstone(?) which is a one-by-one, flat, circle stud, are bigger, especially the one-by-two with the holed stud in the center. Thus his pieces will make a slightly more impactful hit against the box. His hairpiece also seems a bit denser than Echo’s. Goliath is the easiest; he only has an Ant-Man microfigure, his helmet and his hair. The Ant-Man microfigure will be the only small piece hitting the box, giving it a (comparatively) distinct sound, and the hair and especially helmet, given their greater densities, will make a more impactful sound which will probably dampen the sound of the microfigure at least a little bit since there will be two, bigger accessories hitting the box and the sounds of impact thereof/from compared to the one, small accessory hitting the box and the sound of impact thereof/from.

I hope this information can help.

• SuperSquidman
Edited by SuperSquidman
Edit 1: Added a word I meant to type but wasn’t Edit 2: Didn’t recall to mention that Echo and Werewolf both have hairpieces Edit 3: Added clarification to the Goliath section about sound impact - an aside: I didn’t mean for the text to be so big

If anyone is actually able to figure out the blind boxes with compete accuracy just from shaking them, I'll be extremely impressed. I know I won't be trying - all I'll be able to hear are the much larger baseplate, legs, torso, head, and instructions flopping around, let alone knowing what the smaller parts sound like.

Hopefully this won't lead to the rise of sealed figures being opened with a bunch of scratches because they've been banging into each other while being shaken around by figure-hunters. 

2 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

If anyone is actually able to figure out the blind boxes with compete accuracy just from shaking them, I'll be extremely impressed. I know I won't be trying - all I'll be able to hear are the much larger baseplate, legs, torso, head, and instructions flopping around, let alone knowing what the smaller parts sound like.

Hopefully this won't lead to the rise of sealed figures being opened with a bunch of scratches because they've been banging into each other while being shaken around by figure-hunters. 

Yup. I might actually bring an electronic scale into a lego store to buy Moon Knight out of pure spite, but Mr. Knight and potentially the X-men are all going to be bricklink purchases.

Sure I'll bring a tiny battery powered scale and wait for the shop to be it's least busy so they I can hear slightly different sounds...

No I don't think that would work anyway, a margin of error of 1-2 grams is normal and ruins it and I definitely wouldn't be able to hear the difference. I'm just gonna hope they sort them at the Lego shop ( mind you when they sorted the Disney ones, the identified Stitch sold out too quick and I still don't have one).

I'll pick up a few blindly but if I don't get the ones I want I don't want to just get tonnes till I do so hopefully there'll be a way.

I'm planning on going to the great western Lego show in October, I'm sure someone there will be selling them out of box, known.

Edited by Agent Kallus

9 hours ago, SuperSquidman said:

I noticed some of the weights are the same (She-Hulk and Wolverine have the same weights for instance) so I figured I’d make this guide on how to potentially tell who’s in the box given weight and other factors in the instance two or more figures have the same weight:

I hope this information can help.

Thanks for this. I'm planning on buying a whole box, keeping a set for myself and selling the spares. I'll try this method when opening them with my son and see how it turns out :laugh:

17 hours ago, SuperSquidman said:

the question then becomes “how can one tell these figures apart?” and this is how: though they are the same weight, if one shakes the box one will hear the different pieces hit the bottom or sides of the box and the amount of pieces hitting the box and/or the type of sound of it hitting the box can tell one who it is:/

At that point you might as well use your X-ray vision, because no way you can do this without superpowers.

Also, do we know if any of the boxes has bags inside? That would immediatly discualify this (already impossible) strategy.

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup. I might actually bring an electronic scale into a lego store to buy Moon Knight out of pure spite, but Mr. Knight and potentially the X-men are all going to be bricklink purchases.

I might bring my Hook Scale and try get one just for fun and see how accurate the system is. Don't expect it to work, but never say never.

19 hours ago, SuperSquidman said:

Interesting. Did you weigh just one of each figure, or multiple? I found when weighing the Disney 100 and DC series 1 figures that the weight varied by over a gram for different bags with the same figures. Not sure if it was the packaging or the minifigures themselves. Just, in my experience, the weighing method was pretty bad for determining minifigures solely due to how much the weight varied for the same figures.

18 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Interesting. Did you weigh just one of each figure, or multiple? I found when weighing the Disney 100 and DC series 1 figures that the weight varied by over a gram for different bags with the same figures. Not sure if it was the packaging or the minifigures themselves. Just, in my experience, the weighing method was pretty bad for determining minifigures solely due to how much the weight varied for the same figures.

They didn't, they're basing this on the Instagram post

23 hours ago, SuperSquidman said:

I noticed some of the weights are the same...

@SuperSquidman, It looks like the number under the QR code on the base of the box identifies the minifigure: 122R3, 222R3, 322R3, 422R3 etc. (bold and red colour added by me for emphasis). Can you please confirm/deny? If I'm right, which number corresponds to which character?

13 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

@SuperSquidman, It looks like the number under the QR code on the base of the box identifies the minifigure: 122R3, 222R3, 322R3, 422R3 etc. (bold and red colour added by me for emphasis). Can you please confirm/deny? If I'm right, which number corresponds to which character?

I’ve not weighed the figures myself and I haven’t had access to them in any way yet, so I can’t confirm or deny anything, but I do hope what you say is true because then the figures can hopefully be determined this way and there won’t be a risk of either weight being inaccurate (which hopefully wouldn’t be if the scale is sensitive enough) or the parts potentially getting scratched due to shaking them as was mentioned in the thread earlier by @JohnTPT17

Edited by SuperSquidman

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

This is the best news in the history of news, maybe ever.

If it's true, that is. IIRC early CMFs had this same thing, and they fixed it by series 2 or 3. I can't imagine they'd go back to making the same mistake with boxes, but maybe whoever's working on these is trying to help us out a bit.

I don't love that there's no bag inside the box to protect the figure. A thin plastic bag inside would still be a major environmental difference to the outer packaging being plastic but I'm sure a little paper bag could've been put inside the box to protect the figure too. 

I'm a big fan of this series overall. The detail on these characters is insane and I love the new hair molds for characters who (IMO) don't really need them. Much like the first series I think the lineup could be a little better, but it's definitely better than the last series! Goliath is an awesome figure but since he's the only What If...? Series 2 character I would've skipped that show entirely and put Kamala in here. I know she's coming in the Hoopty set but that suit isn't a great design to begin with. Her standard MCU suit is excellent and with a CMF budget it would've been one of my favorite LEGO minifigures ever. I also think it's weird to skip Secret Invasion even though I don't like the series. Werewolf By Night's inclusion makes me think LEGO wants to represent every MCU Disney+ project in some way, which is a great thing! But Secret Invasion (and Ms. Marvel) are clearly being skipped on purpose since Echo and X-Men '97 were always meant to release after it and both are included in this series. From a pure sales standpoint, it's strange to see a random werewolf in this series instead of Nick Fury, who's an iconic and recognizable MCU character. 

I do think this is the better series when compared to the first. While I like the characters (and shows) in the first series more, several of those figures could've been better. I think every figure in this series is executed pretty perfectly and the lineup is better than the last. My favorites are Storm and Agatha but I also really love Moon Knight and She-Hulk!

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is the best news in the history of news, maybe ever.

If it's true, that is.

I just watched AshnFlash's unboxing video, and I sadly don't think that the numbers are completely accurate to the figures. I found at least one instance where a number was shared by two figures... But, for some figures, it was entirely accurate. Some of these were a bit tricky to make out, and the reviewer had his thumb over several of the codes, but here is what I was able to make out:

522R3: Mr. Knight and Goliath

422R3: Goliath only

722R3: Storm

322R3: Echo

622R3: Wolverine

222R3: Agatha (two other Agathas also had a number starting with 2, but I couldn't make out the rest)

123R3: Kate (a second Kate started with 12, but I couldn't make out the rest)

Also, a Reddit post has someone with Storm, Beast, and Mr. Knight, and showed boxes in a comment with codes 228R3 and 728R3. Assuming those two boxes came form those three minifigs, the 7 might work for Storm, but 2 was already consistently Agatha from the AshnFlash video... So, I think any similar numbers were just coincidence/bags that happened to be manufactured on the same day and therefore got coded the same way. Plus, with a 12-minifigure series, how would codes formatted like this differentiate between "1" and "12"? (I could be very wrong with these conclusions, and there's a chance I misread some numbers, so take all this with a grain of salt!)

For context, I looked at some older polybags I still have sealed. All of my Centaurs and Moon Warriors happen to have the same stamped code, but other minifigs from that series also happen to have the same code. So, I don't think that codes will be a 100% foolproof way to make out the figures.

Also noteworthy from the video: 

• All of the figures have "action pieces," not just the four that we saw from the earlier Lifestyle photos.
  • All of the caped minifigures have their capes in individual cardboard boxes, and there are no inner bags for any of the minifigs.
  • Moon Knight does come with a spare knife-thing, which I highly appreciate.
  • Minifigures (with the exception of a few from the "front" of the box) are arranged in groups of three - E.G. all of the Kate Bishops were in the bottom back right corner. Hopefully that doesn't mean someone blindly grabbing figures gets some that are right next to each other and get a bunch of duplicates!
  • All of the X-men (besides one Beast) were at the top of the box, so if you want to try to get them blindly, get to the box soon! (I didn't take note as to who was where - I'll let someone else take that credit)

1 hour ago, JohnTPT17 said:

(I didn't take note as to who was where - I'll let someone else take that credit)

Top Left
Mr Knight

Goliath

Goliath 

Echo

Echo

Echo

Wolverine

Wolverine

Wolverine 

Top Right 

she Hulk 

Beast

Beast 

Storm

Storm 

Storm 

Agatha

Agatha

Agatha

Bottom Left

Goliath

Mr Knight

Mr Knight

WBN

WBN

WBN

CLint

Clint

Clint 

Bottom Right

Beast

She Hulk

She Hulk 

Moon Knight 

Moon Knight 

Moon Knight 

Kate B

Kate B

4 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

I just watched AshnFlash's unboxing video, and I sadly don't think that the numbers are completely accurate to the figures. I found at least one instance where a number was shared by two figures... But, for some figures, it was entirely accurate. Some of these were a bit tricky to make out, and the reviewer had his thumb over several of the codes, but here is what I was able to make out:

522R3: Mr. Knight and Goliath

Sadly these are production codes. I think the first number might be the day of the week (but could be something else, perhaps the packing machine, or something related to the boxes, compared to the previous bags?), the next two numbers are the production week of the year, the letter is the facility, the final number is the year i.e. 2023.

So they won't be useful to find figures at all.