Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, upliftingbricks said:

I wonder if it'll fit into the Sanctum slots as an alternative

That would be really cool

3 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

So as of now the Quantumania set is a May release, and the piece count is 289 pieces. I think we are getting only one build in this set and 3 figures. My money is on Modok being the build and the three figs being Ant-Man, Kang, and Hope

Yeah I think MODOK build is guaranteed at this point

1 minute ago, hvader said:

Yeah I think MODOK build is guaranteed at this point

I could see the builds being MODOK and a platform with Kang’s chair. I don’t think the whole piece count would be used on MODOK unless he ends up being horribly oversized. 

35 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I could see the builds being MODOK and a platform with Kang’s chair. I don’t think the whole piece count would be used on MODOK unless he ends up being horribly oversized. 

with a piece count of not even 300 pieces, I think we will only get one build

So with the $100 guardians set being the Bowie, would the smaller one perhaps be a High Evolutionary ship/headquarters??

Edited by hvader

Is the dr strange polybag a gwp? Or as it has a price is it just a regular set to buy? 

7 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

with a piece count of not even 300 pieces, I think we will only get one build

The $10 4+ sets have mutiple builds. The Shang Chi $30 set has multiple builds. 300 pieces can easily be used for multiple builds.

6 hours ago, hvader said:

So with the $100 guardians set being the Bowie, would the smaller one perhaps be a High Evolutionary ship/headquarters??

No idea how they'd do his planet-ship thing at $35, but I could see them doing a section of the lab. Course, it could also be a ravager bird or something. Maybe a real Abilisk.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

With the April Helmet being revealed as Star Lord, I really hope the other one (76250) is Spider-man to complete the Spider-man, Venom, Carnage collection.

I take a little time away and everything happens, lol.

• 30652 - Doctor Strange Portal polybag, pricing/details added
  • 76251 - Star Lord Helmet, piece count added
  • 76255 - Guardians Spaceship Bowie
  • 76256 - Ant-Man 3 set now as 'May'
  • Fixed a typo with the CMF series 2 numbering
  • Couple of accounts making false leaks on Instagram, so be vigilante and cross reference
  • Some Summer sets may later be changed from June to August due to conflicting remarks on release, noting it now :p

Updated list:

Hide contents

FEBRUARY 2023 (2 Key chains and a polybag):

MARCH 2023 (Total 3)

• 10789: Spider-man's Car and Doc Ock ($9.99, 48 pcs)
  • 10790: Team Spidey at Green Goblin's Lighthouse ($34.99, 149 pcs)
  • 10791: Team Spidey's Mobile Headquarters ($49.99, 187 pcs)

APRIL 2023 (Total 4):

May 2023 (Total 2):

• 76232: $89.99 (Captain Marvel 2)
  • 76256: $29.99 ('Ant-Man 3') May

JUNE 2023 (Total 4 and a polybag):

AUGUST 2023 (Total 8):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 & CMF Series)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 5):

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community. 2HY 2023 at the earliest. 

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • 76221 is Batmobile Flash Tracking, $44.99, releasing May 1st
  • 76257, 76258, 76259 have same box size, may be related wave?
  • Set numbers have some overlap with CM4Sci's Raimi Spider-man related fan sets, sites incorrectly claiming them to be Raimi sets due to this
15 hours ago, hvader said:

I'd lean more to it being a ship for Adam Warlock so he can pursue the Guardians. That way you have Adam Warlock in the $34.99 set and High Evolutionary in the $100 set.

Can't wait for that Doctor Strange polybag. It'll probably just be the MoM figure again, but I wonder how they're doing the portal.

This is gonna be the best selling polybag ever, easily. Also funny how hard to get Dr. Strange figs were prior to MoM and now they're everywhere.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Updated list:I'd lean more to it being a ship for Adam Warlock so he can pursue the Guardians. That way you have Adam Warlock in the $34.99 set and High Evolutionary in the $100 set.

They might change it for the movie, but in the comics I'm pretty sure he doesn't need/use a ship to travel through the cosmos.

3 hours ago, VincentLord said:

Can't wait for that Doctor Strange polybag. It'll probably just be the MoM figure again, but I wonder how they're doing the portal.

Lego didn't do any of the Strange variants justice imo, hope we get a better version of Sinister Strange, Zombie Strange or Strange Supreme.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They might change it for the movie, but in the comics I'm pretty sure he doesn't need/use a ship to travel through the cosmos.

I really dont think Warlock is gonna get a ship. I think he’ll be the fig in the $100 set while High Evolutionary is in the $30

Just a guess though

Edited by hvader

$100 is way too little to do the Bowie. Like heck it should be double. The ships like four times the size of the benatar. Its absolutely massive! 

4 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

$100 is way too little to do the Bowie. Like heck it should be double. The ships like four times the size of the benatar. Its absolutely massive! 

D2C Bowie, coming in 2026 as a part of Lego’s Multiverse Saga collection

So… maybe the build of the Ant-Man set is Kang’s Time Chair???

1 hour ago, Ghostcat said:

Yeah it would’ve been nice to see a set with a higher piece count, but the Bowie should still look pretty good with a thousand or so pieces as long as there aren’t any significant side builds that detract from it. 2020’s Benatar just set the bar way too high now.

With the Harry Potter set list out, I’m hoping we get some indication in the coming weeks of what awaits Marvel. Massive assortment of sets this summer and I’m hoping for some winners across the board - although rather selfishly I’m more excited for potential NWH stuff than anything else.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Early-year leaks usually carry a preliminary description of the sets.  harry potter's is an anomalous leak.  I hope we will have something for Marvel as well but I'm not sure

23 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Updated list:

Thanks Scarilian, if you don't mind I'll try to keep the first post updated with your lists going forward. :classic:

12 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

Sure, but sets are almost never to scale with each other. Just look at the tiny Milano they released in 2017!

I think they can easily do a decent version of the Bowie for $100. It’s obviously (k)nowhere near the scale it would ideally be, but if you look at it as a stand-alone set, I’m certain it’ll work well :thumbup:

I dunno, I feel like this ship is so big and complex that LEGO could easily mess it up.

I mean a 150€ Benatar feels just right, and Bowie is at least twice its size.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I dunno, I feel like this ship is so big and complex that LEGO could easily mess it up.

I mean a 150€ Benatar feels just right, and Bowie is at least twice its size.

Honestly the ship is pretty much two Mships attached bottom to bottom. It had a TWO STOREY bridge and the tunnel behind the bridge is easilly the length of the benatar its insanely big!

I'm hoping this set is “half” the full ship and if you get two you can attach them together for a “full” bowie.

I wish I could be excited for a Marvel cmf series but first of all boxes? I know this rumor has been circulating for some time now about cmf series at large but after seeing series 24 release in bags I had hope they scrapped the boxes idea. I hate the idea of boxed figures as there is essentially no way to determine who you’re getting unless they include codes on the boxes. I have used the touch and fee method for years and have not gotten an incorrect figure in god knows how long. I have consistently gotten the figures I presumed I was feeling and no longer having that ability to get the ones I want really steers me off from wanting to pursue cmf figures moving forward.

And secondly this  is rumored to be another MCU based series. I’m not going to act dumb, I’m aware the MCU has so many projects going on right now that won’t be fully covered by just the sets released annually so a CMF series is a perfect way to fill some gaps. That said my bias remains towards comic designs and all things considered that has felt a tad neglected in recent years. I was fine with the first series being MCU based because the figures were great and I was hoping to save money at that time anyways but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping to get a comic inspired cmf wave. For what its worth i guess they could always produce more comic sets, but from recent years it seems the MCU is the focus of all things lego marvel.

I hope we get a comic version of classic Avengers sometime in the near future. And with the new X Men cartoon coming out this year, hopefully some 90’s costumes make their way into lego sets in the coming years.

13 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I wish I could be excited for a Marvel cmf series but first of all boxes? I know this rumor has been circulating for some time now about cmf series at large but after seeing series 24 release in bags I had hope they scrapped the boxes idea. 

From the outset it was known that boxes would phase in for autumn 2023. The first two series this year will be the last in bags. Completely agree with your sentiments, as I'm sure many others do. I won't be buying any more CMF at retail once boxes come in.