Classic_Spaceman

Sonic the Hedgehog - Rumours and Discussion

This is kind of a dated comment to make but I finally built the Ideas Sonic set. The brick built Dr Eggman does a wonderful job of merging the Lego aesthetic with the pixelated blockiness of the original game. The hands are surprisingly near identical to their appearance in the original Sonic game. I must have not seen reviews of this set as I was surprised to discover the instruction booklet was so captivating. Looks like a retro game cover/gaming manual. The set is amazing in that it's highly detailed but also compact so its easy to store. Overall so excited about this set an it got me really excited about the theme as a whole.

As a huge Nintendo fan its about time we got Lego Nintendo content. This, paired with the Mario theme and the upcoming Zelda set give me hope we may one day actually get Lego Pokemon sets. that's for another thread but I can't emphasize enough how impactful the collaboration between Nintendo and Lego is. Felt like a long time coming but yeah really exciting.

As for future releases, I'm glad we have a Lego version of team Sonic. I have to check if we've ever gotten E-123 Omega but I don't believe we have? So he's definitely due so we can complete team Team Dark. As for Team Rose, I'd love to have the original 4 but the one I'm most excited to see produced is Big the Cat because I love his design and think he'd make a cool big fig. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

As for future releases, I'm glad we have a Lego version of team Sonic. I have to check if we've ever gotten E-123 Omega but I don't believe we have? So he's definitely due so we can complete team Team Dark. As for Team Rose, I'd love to have the original 4 but the one I'm most excited to see produced is Big the Cat because I love his design and think he'd make a cool big fig. 

We don't have a LEGO Omega yet but I don't know if Big the Cat is worth making a figure out of, maybe Silver and Blaze instead?

Does anyone think there is any chance we're going to get sets based on Knuckles? I don't think we will 

Just now, Max_Lego said:

Does anyone think there is any chance we're going to get sets based on Knuckles? I don't think we will 

The only sets I can think of are the bad guys mecha and the badass motorcycle that Knux rides in the trailer. Other than that, I don't really have any ideas and I doubt we'll see anything related to the Sonic movies anytime soon

On 1/15/2024 at 4:14 PM, Max_Lego said:

I want one set based on Sonic Movie 1: Dr. Robotnik's trailer. The trailer should be large enough to fit the Prototype plane and could be used to faithfully recreate the famous dance scene. Minifigures included: Dr. Robotnik, Agent Stone and Major Bennington (Nobody cares!!!). Wouldn't that be great?

Still think it would be an AWESOME set, if realised 

On 2/7/2024 at 8:53 AM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

We don't have a LEGO Omega yet but I don't know if Big the Cat is worth making a figure out of, maybe Silver and Blaze instead?

Big the Cat IS worth it, his appearance in more recent games than Silver and Blaze prove it

(and Blaze is our favourite)

On 2/8/2024 at 8:25 PM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

The only sets I can think of are the bad guys mecha and the badass motorcycle that Knux rides in the trailer. Other than that, I don't really have any ideas and I doubt we'll see anything related to the Sonic movies anytime soon

I'm only a game/comic fan when it comes to Sonic so I might be way off but is it possible the rumoured "Knuckles and Master Emerald" set is from the show? It would explain why we'd be getting 2 sets with Knuckles and the master emerald in 1 year if 1 was a game and 1 was a movie set. Unless Knuckles doesn't guard the emerald in the movies since that trailer looked like he lived in the American suburbs.

Like we predicted, wave 3 only has super sonic as a new minifig, the knuckles shrine set has him and amy in it

2 hours ago, speedmeup said:

Like we predicted, wave 3 only has super sonic as a new minifig, the knuckles shrine set has him and amy in it

LEGO Sonic team considers the Badniks to also be new characters in a wave. So while the actual minifig selection is meh at least we will hopefully get more Badniks. 

Only hope is the 18+ set but I could see LEGO do something stupid like a Brickbuilt Sonic head. 

24 minutes ago, bRICK99 said:

Only hope is the 18+ set but I could see LEGO do something stupid like a Brickbuilt Sonic head. 

Neither the Mario nor Minecraft 18+ sets feature minifigs, so I wouldn‘t expect any here either. Yeah, it‘s very likely a buildable figure or object, especially at that low price point :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, speedmeup said:

Unfortunate if that's the case, but I suppose it makes sense as they'd want to be sure they can phase out the older sets presumably near the end of this year while having all the figures available on shelves.

No clue what the 18+ set is, I'm still expecting either a buildable Sonic figure (Like Rocket Raccoon) or an addition to the 2D level-inspired stages.

I'd hope we get Super Shadow in December/January around the release of Sonic Movie 3.

Edited by Scarilian

18 hours ago, speedmeup said:

I guess I'll end up just getting him on BL. Already got all other existing characters.

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thanks to @Lego_Minecraft_Goat, we now know what the D2C set is going to be: a collection of three maxifigs of Sonic, Tails, and a Motobug :sweet:

Glad to see the return of the maxifigs! :thumbup:

I thought it was an April Fool's joke :hmpf:

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

I thought it was an April Fool's joke :hmpf:

Ohhhh, I completely forgot about that! :blush: You‘re right, never mind then!

Edit: Then again, leakers have posted real rumours on April 1st before and it doesn‘t sound too far-fetched. Also, it‘s still on his IG story!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thanks to @Lego_Minecraft_Goat, we now know what the D2C set is going to be: a collection of three maxifigs of Sonic, Tails, and a Motobug :sweet:

Glad to see the return of the maxifigs! :thumbup:

Is it bad I'd unironically buy that?

55 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Is it bad I'd unironically buy that?

Didn't encourage them! :laugh:

Although I did build a MOC/SEC of a Yoshi that's not too far from maxifigure scale, and it was surprisingly satisfying, so maybe...

The actual D2C set is Shadow’s head :wacko: Why him rather than Sonic? Maybe it’s an indirect movie tie-in? I think I actually prefer the April Fool’s joke :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The actual D2C set is Shadow’s head :wacko: Why him rather than Sonic? Maybe it’s an indirect movie tie-in? I think I actually prefer the April Fool’s joke :laugh_hard:

Well, for me this is good news because that way I can save up for the Zelda set.
For now, I'm only interested in Super Sonic set. 

On 1/21/2024 at 1:05 PM, bRICK99 said:

I would love an expansion to the LEGO IDEAS set but this 18+ screams Brickbuilt object. 

Told you guys 

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There HAS to be an mistake there, that's maybe one of the worst set ideas I've EVER heard. Even ignoring how bizarre it is to get Shadow over Sonic, who ever wanted just a statue of a Sonic character's head? (Especially with it seeming like the helmet sets are done with, seemingly due to poor sales.) A full-body statue a la the LEGO Mickey and Minnie would make way more sense, or maxifigs like that fake April Fool's rumor.

Unless/until we get more info I'm just going to assume this isn't actually the set coming, I just can't see this being real.

Really disappointing if it is a bust of Shadow.

It's inspired me to create a MOC of Marble Hill Zone in the style of the Ideas Green Hill Zone though!

On 4/6/2024 at 5:04 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why him rather than Sonic?

Tis the year of Shadow :P Probably will get Sonic next year. At least it implies the likelihood of us getting another year of Sonic sets though. Doubt the theme would end without giving us a Sonic bust/head to go alongside Shadow.