CopMike

TLG wants your ideas & suggestions for City themes

Has anybody thought of a farmerstheme? I think that would be cool. New molds: chickens, sheeps, pigs, cows, etc. Vehicles: tractors and such things and, offcourse, a farmershouse. I don't have more ideas, but has anybody sent in such a thing? :classic:

This would be a great seller for the 10000s of AFOLs who only like Classic Town sets from 1980s and early 90s. All these eBayers would be tempted back to the fold.

Also, it would be great to see the kids of today decide Classic Town Vs City. Would be great research to TLG.

Wait, what exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean that TLC should make a theme based on classic 60's towns, or just release old town sets?

Either way, this honestly isn't a good idea, IMHO, because it's appealing to a special interest group instead of trying to make a theme that will please the mass amounts of 8-11 year olds that make up the majority of TLC's market. Also, how are you so certain that there are 10000's of AFOL's that only like classic town? Yes, there are a fair amount, but there's also a lot of people that have been buying lots of sets from the City line. A lot of AFOL town builders also are using the 6 wide vehicle style that City is using, from what I see in brickshelf galleries these days. :sceptic:

Edited by Grevious

hmm, on brothers-brick they are sending in farmer themes, but that would be a farmer-theme, right?

if i'm wrong, correct me!

What seems my theme is a nice monorail.

so by driving around the city.

Has anybody thought of a farmerstheme? I think that would be cool. New molds: chickens, sheeps, pigs, cows, etc. Vehicles: tractors and such things and, offcourse, a farmershouse. I don't have more ideas, but has anybody sent in such a thing? :classic:

I'd love a farm theme, but I'm not sure if it could really be classed as 'City'... :wacko:

By the way, a few people have mentioned SWAT team sets, they're like military people, right? (I always imagine them liek Ghostbusters with no ghosts though :tongue: ) I don't think TLC would do that, I know they seem to be ignoring the anti-violence policy but SWAT is real life, and they won't do real life violence, I don't think. :sceptic:

:skull:

I support this theme.

Two theme ideas, I'll edit in with the set examples and all the other stuff.

Schools and Offices!

Two theme ideas, I'll edit in with the set examples and all the other stuff.

Schools and Offices!

I don't really like school that much haha, though I respect them and it would make a brilliant theme! :thumbup: Many children would be able to relate to it!

I'd love a farm theme, but I'm not sure if it could really be classed as 'City'... :wacko:

By the way, a few people have mentioned SWAT team sets, they're like military people, right? (I always imagine them liek Ghostbusters with no ghosts though :tongue: ) I don't think TLC would do that, I know they seem to be ignoring the anti-violence policy but SWAT is real life, and they won't do real life violence, I don't think. :sceptic:

SWAT is an acronym for Special Weapons and Tactics; they are specially trained to use more powerful weaponry and combat skills above and beyond those required by law enforcement. In short, it entails strong violence...that's their raison d'etre, and why neither SWAT, which are for urban warfare, nor the military, for international warfare, will be produced.

I personally don't think SWAT has a place in LEGO City; however, nothing stops one from building their own...the Agents, Dino Attack, and Alpha Team all had minifigs that fit suitably into the role, and TLG makes weapons, or one can buy them online from certain producers like BrickArms. Ultimately, while I think military style vehicles and such are cool, I respect and concur with TLG's reluctance to produce them as sets for a child aimed theme like City. Heck, the City Police don't even carry weapons, just handcuffs and flashlights.

As for a farm theme, I definitely think it fits in with City. While it doesn't interest me greatly, I think it adds something to the theme that hasn't been done before. Plus, I can easily see a field of breakable crops being mowed asunder by a LEGO combine, or something like this ( http://www.harvestsalvage.ca/8850_John_Deere_Tractor.JPG ). Plus, there could be silos with a working Archimede's screw to move the "crop" to the top, or belt conveyors to move hay. So many possibilities...I think it'd prove successful if done well. And of course, new animals could be introduced.

SWAT. In short, it entails strong violence...that's their raison d'etre, and why neither SWAT, which are for urban warfare, nor the military, for international warfare, will be produced.

What I really meant was like a guy with a megaphone persuading the burgeler to come outa the bank

I personally don't think SWAT has a place in LEGO City; however, nothing stops one from building their own...the Agents, Dino Attack, and Alpha Team all had minifigs that fit suitably into the role,

the alpha team, and agents definatly wont go well with swat theme... the dino attack fit in but they are more like the S.A.S. (COD4) the swat would have that very kewl armour like in set 7033

BTW the army theme was inspired by the game COD4 :wub:

AND who would protect the citezins of lego city??? (Remeber police dont have weapons)

AND how would the police arrest armed people??? (If they didn't have swat or army)

What about a Riot squad then??? I know for a fact that they made one set! (to calm the mob of angry citezens)

Edited by Mocha

As for a farm theme, I definitely think it fits in with City. While it doesn't interest me greatly, I think it adds something to the theme that hasn't been done before. Plus, I can easily see a field of breakable crops being mowed asunder by a LEGO combine, or something like this ( http://www.harvestsalvage.ca/8850_John_Deere_Tractor.JPG ). Plus, there could be silos with a working Archimede's screw to move the "crop" to the top, or belt conveyors to move hay. So many possibilities...I think it'd prove successful if done well. And of course, new animals could be introduced.

It would be a great theme, yes, but the whole thing about it being 'City' is that farms are usually in the country more than some kind of metropolis. :wink::thumbup:

AND how would the police arrest armed people??? (If they didn't have swat or army)

There are no armed people in Lego City... Hehe :tongue:

Edited by Shoc

There are no armed people in Lego City... Hehe :tongue:

hmmmm..... what about if some one had a sword ? or had one of those aqua raiders missle launcher? :tongue:

A LEGO Zoo would be perfect and in minifig scale. Duplo did one so why not Lego.

That would be great, like a farm theme would be. Unlike a farm theme, this would fit in City as well. More animals are what Lego need to get more people buying their sets, maybe... :thumbup:

A LEGO Zoo would be perfect and in minifig scale. Duplo did one so why not Lego

That's what I don't get - Duplo gets all the good stuff like Zoos, Farms, and even a grocery store. Why can't City get them as well? I guess TLC's reasoning is that the action-loving target audience of normal lego would think that they were boring - and they're probably right. :hmpf_bad:

That's what I don't get - Duplo gets all the good stuff like Zoos, Farms, and even a grocery store. Why can't City get them as well?

Don't forget Thomas the Tank Engine! :tongue: Seriously, that theme in normal Lego would have good pieces! :laugh:

I would love to see either a zoo or farm theme, as then I could use the parts in my castle mocs. Also, the pitchfork piece could make a return! :cry_happy:

Tom

Unfortunately, what we as adults find interesting and cool isn't mutually so with kids. It doesn't help that most toys today are amped up for action and contain shooting mechanisms, hence the direction TLG has been taking.

That said, i'm an AFOL, but a zoo theme doesn't interest me, either. Although i see the potential to make some nice little environs for some of the animals, there's little to do with it beyond having a fig with a shovel to clean imaginary animal poo and another fig with a feed bucket, as well as a couple onlooker figs. The animals would have no articulation besides a moving head. Bottomline, it's more of a display piece than a playset...sorry, kinda boring.

By way of suggestion, you may try emailing requests or ideas to the fellas over at BrickForge.

Well they could make the Zoo theme more action packed letting the animals escape. For instance, have a charging rhino break thorugh a wall. Or have real world stuff like a launching tiger that can eat a little kid for throwing a shoe at it. Maybe a Safari set would be more instyle with the gun weilding rangers and poachers.

Well they could make the Zoo theme more action packed letting the animals escape. For instance, have a charging rhino break thorugh a wall. Or have real world stuff like a launching tiger that can eat a little kid for throwing a shoe at it. Maybe a Safari set would be more instyle with the gun weilding rangers and poachers.

some how that reminds me of Jurassic park... anywayz

there could be a Game Warden with his powerfull sniper loaded with tranqulizer darts :wub:

That's great that TLG wants to hear/read our proposals for future City sets! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I surely will take the chance to write down my set proposals (even if some of the themes were already mentioned - but my precise set contens ideas are sometimes surely different).

BTW: Do you want to receive every document in a separate e-mail or all documents in one e-mail, Copmike? (I think it'll be about five or six documents :tongue: ) :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Yes, I've sent one in 4 days ago (althought I couldn't fit everything in the discriptions, like a grain silo or oldschool windmill, there's almost too much stuff on farms :tongue: )

Edited by Fluyt

Yes, I've sent one in 4 days ago (althought I couldn't fit everything in the discriptions, like a grain silo or oldschool windmill, there's almost too much stuff on farms :tongue: )

That's awesome. I really want so see such a theme (like the figure with his red shirt and green overall on, it could be a farmer?!). I know the grade of farmers is lowering, but there are kids who are really interested in farms and if LEGO would introduce such a theme: children would be interested again in farming! And, for the people who built a city, it's a great addition! (You will where all the food comes from ( :tongue: ), new animals (LEGO should buy the molds from Brickforge) and some spectacular tractors etc.

I have another idea if anyone would like to submit it:

Theme: Auto Factory

Set 1: Assembly Plant: Industrial building with sign. A variety of vehicles can be made from modules that attach to one or two different chassis types. Different wheels can be installed. Comes with a track mounted yellow or orange industrial robot with a clicky hinged arm and attachments for handling the car parts. Welders and a variety of tools/ tool carts included. Two minifigs included.

Set 2: Custom Car Shoppe: Small garage with two modular cars, parts to add spoilers, multipe side panels or doors with different stickers, parts to create intake scoop or protruding engine from hood. Roof panels with/without sunroof, clear and tinted windshields and side windows(if included), different style wheels. Comes with shop worker and customer, tools and accessories.

Very, very good ideas! :thumbup:

I will sent in the most of my ideas at the end of next week. (Regrettably very much work at the weekend and then til Thursday evening :wacko: .)

The first two themes I thought about were:

-Seaside Holidays (read SetWishes)

-Octan Oil Company (read SetWishes)

I have another idea if anyone would like to submit it:

Theme: Auto Factory

Set 1: Assembly Plant: Industrial building with sign. A variety of vehicles can be made from modules that attach to one or two different chassis types. Different wheels can be installed. Comes with a track mounted yellow or orange industrial robot with a clicky hinged arm and attachments for handling the car parts. Welders and a variety of tools/ tool carts included. Two minifigs included.

Set 2: Custom Car Shoppe: Small garage with two modular cars, parts to add spoilers, multipe side panels or doors with different stickers, parts to create intake scoop or protruding engine from hood. Roof panels with/without sunroof, clear and tinted windshields and side windows(if included), different style wheels. Comes with shop worker and customer, tools and accessories.

If TLG releases an auto factors theme like you describe it - that would be totally :wub::oh: !

Klaus-Dieter

I can't seem to get the form to work, even with Hinckley's PDF :cry_sad:

I would be grateful if someone sent this in for me:

Name of the theme: Park Rangers

Short description of the theme:

———————————————————–

Without parks, cities would be smoggy and icky! Let's have a nice park with Rangers to keep it clean and safe. Vehicles have a tan and brown color scheme, and so do the rangers themselves.

Boy will like vehicles to zoom around, and girls will like to care for animals.

———————————————————–

Possible set idea #1 (with short description):

———————————————————–

Park Patrol

A Park ranger's jeep or small SUV with at trailer carrying a small ATV, a medium-sized landscape with a tree and some animals, a medium-sized boat with survailence equipment partrolling the ponds and lakes. Posibly a dock with a small building for boat permits etc.

Comes with 3 park rangers. $20-50 USD

———————————————————–

Possible set idea #2 (with short description):

———————————————————–

Animal Rescue/Park Rangers Office

A veterinary animal hospital with a van for sick or injured animals, a helicopter with a sling for air lifts and patrol, and some lanscaping on the sides of the office. Building in tan/brown again.

Comes with 3-4 park rangers and a civilian. $50-90 USD

———————————————————–

Possible set idea #3 (with short description):

———————————————————–

Clean-up Crew

A pick-up truck with equipment for cleaning up trash from litterbugs and clearing out trash cans. Also includes a small dumsper and a very small landscape with a bench and a trash can.

Comes with 2 Park Rangers. $10-20 USD

———————————————————–

thank you very much if someone could :cry_happy: