Dear all,

I would like to present my latest MOC, a one-set MOC for the Cat D-11. It was my first experience with the Powered-Up system, which I have to admit, was a bit painful :p

Yet here it comes:

20220822_131807-web.jpg

The snow groomer is fully functional, featuring a configuration similar to the D11: two independent angular motors for the tracks, and two large motors to control a gearbox distributing four functions:

1. raising/lowering the blade,
  2. opening/closing the blade,
  3. turning the blade,
  4. raising/lowering the tiler.

By construction, the four functions cannot be operated simultaneously.

The model also features a working L6 engine and tiler. They are both linked to a central differential, so that they will not move if the two tracks operate in opposite directions, but I guess snow groomers do not really turn on site like excavators or bulldozers, do they?

The hood can be opened to show the engine, and the cab can be tilt to access the battery box.

20220822_132642-web.jpg

20220822_195006-web.jpg

And here is a video:

Instructions (of a further improved version) are available at rebrickable!

Edited by jyd80
Fixed typos

Awesome design, one of the best 42131 alternate at the moment.

Edited by mpj

That's a neat looking alternate, and has great functionality, uses the available parts really well! Did you try to make it work with the official control profile?

10 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Did you try to make it work with the official control profile?

That was my first attempt, but could not make it to work; not sure to really know why. The gearbox is different, maybe that is the reason. With the final model, I would say the calibration would not work anyway because of the opening/closing of the blade: the motor is too strong for the wormscrew-based mechanism. When at the end, it may unmount the blade rather than stall the motor :s

31 minutes ago, jyd80 said:

The gearbox is different, maybe that is the reason.

Yes, I meant to ask that in essence, whether the gearbox is different. But I did not even think of the calibration possibly screwing it up..