Looks OK. First thoughts;

Bus is a bit short, but reasonably spacious,

Good to have another male adult, he reminds me of the Janitor from the show,

Daisy's hairpiece reused, must be another Lego City fan,

Retractable wheelchair/mobility scooter ramp, 

Looks like everyone's reading Love in Hyrule,

Rainbow Bus Stop fits with the other rainbow themed stuff around HLC,

Bit surprised there's no small dog to go in the basket or whatever

I mean, everyone joked that the janitor looked like stan Lee, this guy's name is Stanley...

Bus is alright, nice to get Paisley in her default outfit in a non 4+ set

OMG! These new Friends sets are so beautiful. Truly stunning! The rainbow tower complex is fabulous. The botanical gardens truly phenomenal. Just gorgeous.

On first glance, these a great especially the community centre and botanical gardens. Does anyone think the blonde woman in the community centre looks a lot like a grown up Stephanie would? I’m loving the inclusion of older characters, great mobility scooter built for a minidoll. Slightly disappointed with the sea rescue sets and sea animal molds, preferred the last wave but there’s still some good stuff there.

28 minutes ago, DragonElves said:

On first glance, these a great especially the community centre and botanical gardens. Does anyone think the blonde woman in the community centre looks a lot like a grown up Stephanie would? I’m loving the inclusion of older characters, great mobility scooter built for a minidoll. Slightly disappointed with the sea rescue sets and sea animal molds, preferred the last wave but there’s still some good stuff there.

The blurry box pictures of the community centre confirm the blonde woman is Stephanie, also, Mia is in one of the 4+ sets!

26 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

The blurry box pictures of the community centre confirm the blonde woman is Stephanie, also, Mia is in one of the 4+ sets!

Ah perfect, the designers did say she would have a surprising role, perhaps a mayoral kind of role? I can’t believe how lovely the community centre looks and even more so when you attach the community kitchen set.

2 hours ago, DragonElves said:

Does anyone think the blonde woman in the community centre looks a lot like a grown up Stephanie would? 

Stephanie

The Community Centre combined with the Kitchen looks amazing!!!! 🤯 And that Botanical Gardens!!! 😍

I just bought the Skate park to get Luna. So of course they put her in a cheap set in wave 2 🤣

1 hour ago, DragonElves said:

Ah perfect, the designers did say she would have a surprising role, perhaps a mayoral kind of role? 

If that's the case, will we finally learn her surname?

1 hour ago, Killian said:

If that's the case, will we finally learn her surname?

Let’s hope! Stephanie is confirmed to be the mayor of hlc; it’s been confirmed by elliev on instagram. She’s been to something in Billund but can’t tell us about it yet.

1 hour ago, DragonElves said:

Let’s hope! Stephanie is confirmed to be the mayor of hlc; it’s been confirmed by elliev on instagram. She’s been to something in Billund but can’t tell us about it yet.

How does one go from being an athlete, to a baker, to sailing around the globe, to becoming mayor of Heartlake city?
anyway, good for Stephanie! I then realized from my previous Heartlake city mayoral building, that I had already made a mayor,

Spoiler

So I made a storyline going like this:

earlier this morning, former mayor, Monica rosemary, was forcefully removed from office after it was discovered earlier this week that she was embezzling money from the recently opened Heartlake international high school to fund her mountain climbing habits, after refusing to step down as mayor, she was forcefully removed, as shown below:

IMG_0846.jpeg

the inauguration of her replacement, Stephanie ????? Will be at 6:00 AM on Saturday, may 6th, central time

I'm hoping that LEGO protects the clear dome pieces in the Botanical Gardens like they did to the BttF windshield. It's only $80 for 1000+ pieces. Very nice.

That tower is amazing. As someone who loves buildings LEGO really knocked it out of the park with the Friends, City and Creator summer buildings.

Edited by Maple

lego city has nothing on friends at this point, the community kitchen is gorgeus and will become tianas palace as soon as i get my hands on it, the diversity this wave is fabulous both in the minidolls and the price ranges!

On 5/2/2023 at 9:08 AM, living_off_lego said:

lego city has nothing on friends at this point, the community kitchen is gorgeus and will become tianas palace as soon as i get my hands on it, the diversity this wave is fabulous both in the minidolls and the price ranges!

Trying to build my own version of Tiana's place for her Minifigure in the disney 100 series

Also, a few new shorts came out today! 

Edited by Lemerbrix

1 minute ago, Killian said:

Shouldn't episode 4 have dropped by now?

Given recent patterns, I'd say this Saturday/Sunday, or lego friends could be taking a hiatus to make room for dreamzzz

A lot more pictures of the sets here it seems: https://bouwsteentjes.info/lego-friends-zomer-2023-sets/ (apologies if this is known already)

It looks like the community center and kitchen use a new 16x16x2/3 L-shaped base for their floors. I love all the interior details!

The sports center has a really clever "field" that you can swap out a net and goals to have the figs play either tennis or soccer.

The stable has a modest interior with a cute breakfast nook and sleeping bags on top of hay bales. I think it'll look great next to Autumn's House.

The news van has a cute interior too, with not just the broadcast consoles and equipment but also a small news desk.

The alternate pictures of the beach amusement park confirm that all three functions (the spinning ride, wave pool, and squid shooting gallery) are driven by a single crank, which is real neat.

Couple of details I noticed in the summer sets

Gunnar looks suspiciously like olly, could the two be cousins?

nova somehow can pilot a one person submarine, but she can’t even drive yet!
really like how lego friends is tackling real-world problems, like littering the ocean

There’s a treasure chest underneath the sea rescue center

kayla seems to be managing the whole sea rescue operation

All the attractions at the beach adventure park are connected by one crank, this set is just begging to be motorized!
niko has the hairpiece from the BTS set, it actually kinda fits!
you get both a male and female soccer player torso in the sports center, so just buy a few of these minidolls on bricklink, swap the arms, and you can pretty easily army build your soccer team!

Niko also has an alternative face! Great to see minor characters get alt faces too!

There’s a new phone print in the sports center, some kinda fitness tracker app or something idk

I was worried that autumn’s stable wouldn’t go along with autumn’s house, but it does! Same wall color, same shutters, same windows and doors, just make the roof teal and you’re all set!

We don’t get autumn’s other dog (where is he/she?) but we do get a new mouse!

If you can’t afford autumns house, Mia comes in the riding school set!
in the autumns stable and riding school sets, there’s a new hat/hair combo!

Guess I don’t need to moc Leo’s grandmother for my Leo’s house moc 

We get Matilde in a casual outfit, but not the one we see in the episodes

The combo model between the community kitchen, and community center looks great! Unfortunately we aren’t feeding/housing the homeless, yet

The interior of the community kitchen looks great! Definitely going to buy this!
liann and olly have matching shirts, so much for homosexual olly…

The community center has a tire swing that actually can somewhat fit a minidoll!

In the community center, there’s a music area, a designer area, a gaming area, and a painting area, mayor Stephanie definitely knows how to keep our new characters busy!

if you buy the community center, community kitchen, and autumn’s stable, you’ll have all 8 friends!

the newsroom van has Aliya reporting on Peter about to get murdered with a chainsaw, what is this, the Heartlake chainsaw massacre?

In the back of the van, you can see the community center, and mayor Stephanie!

Dia appears to work in the sea rescue business

The narwhal mold returns as a whale!

That’s all I noticed!

16 hours ago, Lyichir said:

A lot more pictures of the sets here it seems: https://bouwsteentjes.info/lego-friends-zomer-2023-sets/ (apologies if this is known already)

It looks like the community center and kitchen use a new 16x16x2/3 L-shaped base for their floors. I love all the interior details!

Hey @Maple, I was wrong, and it looks like the City Community Center tower does have half a third and fourth wall around the back. It's mostly door frames, but it's nicely integrated. See link above for more images, but this one is the back of the box:

LEGO-Friends-41748-Heartlake-City-Commun

On 5/4/2023 at 8:41 AM, RichardGoring said:

Hey @Maple, I was wrong, and it looks like the City Community Center tower does have half a third and fourth wall around the back. It's mostly door frames, but it's nicely integrated. See link above for more images, but this one is the back of the box:

LEGO-Friends-41748-Heartlake-City-Commun

That's great! I just need a little bit of wall because when it's next to other buildings it will cover most of the side and I can get white panels for those window frames.

This YouTube channel is uploading some of the product videos of some of the new sets. The surfing function in the amusement park is even more impressive than I expected!

45 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

This YouTube channel is uploading some of the product videos of some of the new sets. The surfing function in the amusement park is even more impressive than I expected!

That's really very good. So impressive.

8 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Just saw the video, I’m impressed! Definitely going to buy that set!

Overall, very impressed with those sets for summer, it's a great mix of age ranges, from playsets being simpler and around 4+ to 7+, where the 8+, 9+ and especially the 12+ sets.

It fills a good gap between playsets and Icons sets.

Those newer sets like the Community sets, Beach and Gardens just have a lot more professional look to it, just like the 2022 Art School and Theatre. 

Even at the lowest price points, the Pancake Shop set looks great, it's small , but contains everything you'd expect from like a small stand in a park/recreation area.

Edited by TeriXeri