Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Can anyone confirm if the SW promo for the TC-14 figure will be available for the OZ S@H site?

It most likely will be, with free shipping.

It most likely will be, with free shipping.

Thanks, never bought on S@H before , this will be the first time ever

I received an email from LEGO shop@home this morning hinting at the May the 4th Promo. No specifics, just a teaser image.....

PageBG_may4Teaser_EN.jpg

I received an email from LEGO shop@home this morning hinting at the May the 4th Promo. No specifics, just a teaser image.....

I am excited. I hope it is free shipping plus the TC-14.

Does anyone know when series 7 collectible minifigures will be reaching Aus stores?

Does anyone know when series 7 collectible minifigures will be reaching Aus stores?

I'd say next week at the earliest.

My local Target (Springwood QLD) had the alien mothership on clearance for $36. They also had the kingdoms medieval farm set for $88 and I think it's called "the mill" pirates of the carribean set for $60.

Edited by WetWired

I saw the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape, The Quinjet and Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout at Toys R Us Parramatta. Did not buy. Waiting for a sale.

Apparantly Series 7 minifigs are available in New Zealand so shouldn't be too far away here I would say!!

Marvel system sets are finally on shop at home. Prices are:

Captain America: $25

Wolverine: $50

Loki's cube: $50

Hulk: $100

Quinjet: $130

Hopefully the Hulk set arrives at Target in time for their next 20% off sale :)

At $100 (plus whatever markup greedy retailers like MYER or TRU decide to apply) its not worth it.

:sick:

I was in the US last week, but every TRU, Target and Walmart I visited were sold out of the Wolverine set, which retails at 20 USD. The oz rrp makes me wanna smoke crack.

Unfortunately, the Marvel sets are only worth it if you can find them with at least a 25% off discount, otherwise it is still cheaper to import.

Unfortunately, the Marvel sets are only worth it if you can find them with at least a 25% off discount, otherwise it is still cheaper to import.

Any suggestions? Amazon.fr doesn't seem to have them yet, and I have looked at a few US bricklink stores, but the shipping is pretty extreme...

Any suggestions? Amazon.fr doesn't seem to have them yet, and I have looked at a few US bricklink stores, but the shipping is pretty extreme...

Patience young padawan :) They'll show soon enough.

Seriously? That is utterly ridiculous, I'd swear up a storm if I was allowed to on this forum looking at those prices, that is worse than the batman set prices and completely unacceptable, not a chance in hell I'm buying any of those locally at that price.

Ouch. And I thought the initial overseas prices were high!!!! :sick:

For four days Target are doing 'buy a toy and get 50% off the second toy'.....of course of equal or less value. :wink:

Please, please Target have the Marvel stuff in the next 4 days ! :blush: (Well one can only hope ! :blush: )

...and the May 4 promotion from shop@home is a total wash out - you need to spend at least $100 to get free shipping, which means unless you're going to buy one of the more expensive exclusive sets you might as well not bother.

Pity, as I have a few VIP points to spend, but not enough to make paying the exhorbitant shipping rates cost effective.

...and the May 4 promotion from shop@home is a total wash out - you need to spend at least $100 to get free shipping, which means unless you're going to buy one of the more expensive exclusive sets you might as well not bother.

Pity, as I have a few VIP points to spend, but not enough to make paying the exhorbitant shipping rates cost effective.

Do you know if it has to be Star Wars sets that you purchase to get free shipping? $100 minimum spend doesn't sound too bad to me to save $40 on shipping.

Do you know if it has to be Star Wars sets that you purchase to get free shipping? $100 minimum spend doesn't sound too bad to me to save $40 on shipping.

I think it just has to be $100 total, not specifically from SW sets. As I said, not bad if you want to buy one of the larger exclusive sets but otherwise nothing to get excited about.

Edited by TeufelHund

Here's the fine print in the email I received this morning:

*Limit 1 free LEGO Star Wars™ poster, 1 TC-14™ minifigure and 1 Mini TIE Fighter™ per transaction. Qualifying transaction must contain LEGO Star Wars™ merchandise. TC-14™ minifigure, poster, Mini TIE FIghter™ & free standard delivery offers valid May 4th & 5th, 2012, or while supplies last. Qualifying purchases for free minifigure and free standard delivery must be at least $100 in LEGO Star Wars™ merchandise only; gift card purchases do not apply to total. Excludes backorder items. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. Minifigure, poster and Mini TIE Fighter™ available exclusively through this offer. Sales and deals apply while stocks last only. Approx. value of Minifigure: $7.99. Approx value of Mini TIE Fighter: $7.99. Offer valid in LEGO Stores, through LEGO Catalogue or on shop.LEGO.com. Not valid at LEGOLAND ® Parks or Discovery Centres. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion without advance notice.

Read that how you will, my guess is you have to spend $100 on Star Wars items to get the free delivery.

Does anyone know who is slated to stock the UCS R2-D2 here in Aus?

I'm a bit tempted to buy it from S@H during the May 4th sale as they've priced it at that tricky differential again: $249 Aud compared to $180 USD.

Won't end up saving much from ordering via Bricklink (maybe $30) and who knows how long you might wait until it's up at Amazon, and then it's no guarantee...

Hmm thoughts anyone?

Does anyone know who is slated to stock the UCS R2-D2 here in Aus?

I'm a bit tempted to buy it from S@H during the May 4th sale as they've priced it at that tricky differential again: $249 Aud compared to $180 USD.

Won't end up saving much from ordering via Bricklink (maybe $30) and who knows how long you might wait until it's up at Amazon, and then it's no guarantee...

Hmm thoughts anyone?

Very little chance it will be here for the mid-year sales. I'd say grab it at shop at home and you'll also get VIP points and the free chrome minifig which would have to be worth $20+* on the market after the promo finishes. And you won't have to wiat months to get it from another source.

*this is not a guarantee and I will not be held repsonsible for terrible financial advice