Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Some Black Pearls just went out at Target TTP.

NO ! :sing: I was only there yesterday and none.....at least 20% off sale on Lego is till late tomorrow afternoon ! :wink:

Some Black Pearls just went out at Target TTP.

Distortme, you're a legend! I checked my local Target at Newton this morning, but nothing, and then I see this and race to TTP in my trackies (which didn't make me feel out of place there) and picked up the Black Pearl for $135.20. There were two left when I got mine. For anyone looking, they're not with the other PotC lego but in the aisle with the bulk of the lego. Also I think it's a fair price, particularly compared to the Dr Who Cobi stuff I saw at the ABC shop by Target, but I'll comment on that in the appropriate thread.

I just saw the Black Pearl at the Noarlunga BigW. It didn't have a price on it yet, so I can only assume it's the price that was previously mentioned in this thread ($147 or so I believe). I hope I haven't broken the rules of the thread (since it's not technically on sale - just cheaper than RRP), but if your local Target is sold out it might be worth checking your local BigW as well.

Ah, but the BP is an independent exclusive.....which means Toyworld, Toy Corner, BTTW, etc.,. (Though Lego might change their minds :laugh: )

So much for it being an Independent Exclusive... great to see that they are popping up in the bigger stores now, $135 is still a bit rich for how small it looks

Now the dilemma is: is it worth joining Costco just to buy the Pearl? I think it's $60 to join, isn't it? Back when I first saw Costco in the US had them and thought it was a long shot that Australia would too, I actually considered joining because I was itching to go and check, but then thought that would be silly just on the off chance.

It would make it the price with the join fee more than the RRP of the Pearl, but other bargain priced LEGO might come up in the future (as it apparently has in the past). Or I could buy multiple Pearls and sell them to subsidise the join fee. What to do, what to do.

If you live near a CostCo, there's no reason not to get a membership. If you shop for a large family, you'd make back the membership fee on your first outing on food alone, it's that much cheaper than Coles/Woolies etc. If you buy a lot of non-perishables on a fairly regular basis (canned food, nappies, craft supplies, dog food etc) the savings add up.

The fact that Lego's cheaper is just a very nice perk. It's such a shame the only one in Sydney is so far from the city centre, so really only accessible for Westies.

Just got one at the toombul target in brisbane, they had about 5 left if any one is keen to take advantage of the 20% off.

I saw the Black Pearl at Big W today, $148. Not the cheapest, but still.

So the Black Pearl's now confirmed in at least three locations.

I bought the Portal of Atlantis from Kmart today for $69.

I have never had any interest in the set, but for that price, I thought it might have some good parts I could use and I am pleasantly surprised by its parts. There is quite a lot I will use in my MOCs (that I never realised were in the set). I was surprised they had the ornamented arch (which I love) and there is also a lot of dark tan plates and dark red.

Now I just have to wait for the city of atlantis to be that price.

I saw the Black Pearl at Big W today, $148. Not the cheapest, but still.

So the Black Pearl's now confirmed in at least three locations.

wow can't wait for the pearl to arrive at my local target

Oh, yeah....Target Newton said yesterday afternoon...no BP's and what do I find at 4.35pm today - a shelf of Black Pearls and I found myself making my way to the layby counter with two books for the wife's Christmas present and some big box with a black Lego ship on it ! :wink: (The only bad news for me is I'll have to cancel my red cargo train at Myers.....son's needs out weigh my wants :sadnew: - that's what dad's do I guess :blush: )

Not technically a sale, but David Jones has the Modular Fire Brigade out for $209, instead of the marked price of $300.

Toys R'us are having a Lego permotion next week as I got my pamflet in the mail yesterday. They are having a sale on Lego as well as if you spend over $35 you will recive 1 of 3 permotional bricks, 1 city , 1 ninjago and the last one is Alian conquest.

Need to check the details as this is off the top of my head, but the sale starts next Wednesday and runs for about 1 week or so.

Toys R'us are having a Lego permotion next week as I got my pamflet in the mail yesterday. They are having a sale on Lego as well as if you spend over $35 you will recive 1 of 3 permotional bricks, 1 city , 1 ninjago and the last one is Alian conquest.

Need to check the details as this is off the top of my head, but the sale starts next Wednesday and runs for about 1 week or so.

Also TRU has spend $35 on Lego Games and get one Lego Games permotional brick Toys R Us Catalogue

Edited by TanTile

Big W has a one day only sale on Lego Mindstorms - online store only, with free shipping.

3110Mindstorms460x44_v1_m56577569840567703.jpg

• Lego S@H RRP = AU$449.99
  • BigW normal price = AU$448.00
  • BigW sale price = AU$348.00

That's a saving of $100, or 22.3%, so not much better than a 20% off sale, and not as good as a Myer 'buy two get the third one free' offer (33.3% off), if you want to buy 3 Mindstorms sets at once... *huh*:wacko:

Yep, you're right. Looks like there's also a promotional brick for Lego Games.

One thing though, I'm not sure if it's a sale or just a few discounted sets. I hope it's a sale, though I'm running out of money. :sceptic:

Okay, it's Kmart this week for Lego specials so lets run them off.....

Ninjago Ice Dragon....29 bucks

Ninjago Blacksmith....29 bucks

Ninjago Battle Arena..69 bucks

Ninjago Truck.........79 bucks

SW battle packs.......15 bucks

SW Darthmir Speeder...39 bucks

SW Ewok Attack........39 bucks

Sort & Store head.....29 bucks

City Police Dog Unit..15 bucks

City Marina...........59 bucks

City Prisoner Trans...25 bucks

City Police Station...99 bucks

City Harbour..........99 bucks....funny it's always 99 bucks at Kmart ! :laugh:

Brick On Shop On ! :wink:

Oh, just a quick edit.....TRU has Hogwarts Castle for 126 bucks if you don't already own one ! :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Big W has a one day only sale on Lego Mindstorms - online store only, with free shipping.

I wish I were smarter so I could use mindstorms, it sounds so complicated and hard but does cool stuff because that was a pretty good price.

And here is what I saw last week...

bgw_prod_j00516533_c_001_r01_013_PFT.jpg

Not as good as the reported Target price, I can keep my Lego collection now hey LT :tongue:

Edited by TanTile

And here is what I saw last week...

bgw_prod_j00516533_c_001_r01_013_PFT.jpg

Not as good as the reported Target price, I can keep my Lego collection now hey LT :tongue:

I was under the impression the Tiger was going to give you HIS collection if he was wrong?

(Of course, I may have read that too quickly.)

But didn't you say $147, not $146? So, judges' decision, because of that error, both you and LT have to donate your collections to Aussie Sales thread readers! It's a kangaroo court here.

Edited by dotmike

WTF ? :laugh:

I'm not parting with any of my POTC, it's going to hard enough to pay off three lay-bys....train might have to be cancelled :cry_sad:

I'll make ye walk the Mega-Blok plank for suggesting such a thing Dotty-Mikey ! :laugh:

But when is that BigW sale starting and note less than 50 bucks for the marina plus under 200 for the Falcon ! :wink:

But when is that BigW sale starting and note less than 50 bucks for the marina plus under 200 for the Falcon ! :wink:

The Big W sale starts tomorrow also starting tomorrow is Myer's Toy Sale

myr_prod_j00516340_c_001_r01_024_PFT.jpg

Edited by TanTile