Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Got my Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!

Went to Brisbane City MYER, they had no stock on the shelf. Their system said they should have stock, staff member said its probably still being processed. Plenty of other new stock though (Arctic, Trains, Star Wars, Ninja Turtles)

Checked Target Brisbane City, basically nothing new.

Mr Toys Brisbane City couldn't tell me anything other than "our stock arrives the middle of the month"

Big W Brisbane City had some of the new product but no Movie stuff.

Called up MYER Chermside (since that was a reasonable idea as a place to go next) and they said "We don t have the Spaceship in stock but our computer says Brookside, Carindale and Pacific Fair do". Called Brookside and they looked and came back and said "yes we have it, I found one in the back".

Big W Brookside has a few new sets, no Movie stuff though.

MYER Brookside has none of the new sets on display but I suspect they do have all the new stuff (including more Spaceships) in the back.

The trick for finding the new stuff (at MYER anyway) if its not on the shelf yet is to see if you can find an employee willing to look in the back for it :)

Got my Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!

Yep got mine too. Wasn't looking good at Robina though, I hit Myers up first and they had nothing new at all! oh sorry! they had some new train track packs. Then hit Kmart and nothing again. So down in the dumps I strolled into BigW and I was like a kid in a candy shop, one of those and one of those um no not one of those yet one, um one of those then I turned around and see new train sets, stations etc. I could of spent a couple of grand in there today but stopped at $400 and ended up with a SSS the black air ship thingy and a Arctic Boat set. Can't wait for a sale as another SSS is definitely on the cards. Sorry didn't check Target or DJ's.

Asked BigW if they would match Shop4me but sadly they wouldn't.

Yep got mine too. Wasn't looking good at Robina though, I hit Myers up first and they had nothing new at all! oh sorry! they had some new train track packs. Then hit Kmart and nothing again. So down in the dumps I strolled into BigW and I was like a kid in a candy shop, one of those and one of those um no not one of those yet one, um one of those then I turned around and see new train sets, stations etc. I could of spent a couple of grand in there today but stopped at $400 and ended up with a SSS the black air ship thingy and a Arctic Boat set. Can't wait for a sale as another SSS is definitely on the cards. Sorry didn't check Target or DJ's.

Asked BigW if they would match Shop4me but sadly they wouldn't.

Target at Robina only has the GOTG sets at the moment so you haven't missed much there.

i don't think its a bug. i think amazon has stopped shipping lego to australia. the seller i am referring to in all my posts is amazon itself. their prices are cheaper than others and they are generally the only one that would ship to australia. it is a sad day...

From the 20th TRU are having a small Lego sale.......only surprises are The Phantom and City Arctic Helicopter at 20% off.

i don't think its a bug. i think amazon has stopped shipping lego to australia. the seller i am referring to in all my posts is amazon itself. their prices are cheaper than others and they are generally the only one that would ship to australia. it is a sad day...

There's an article on Bricking Around about this Amazon issue, if you're interested.

There's an article on Bricking Around about this Amazon issue, if you're interested.

Thanks for the article, Lego have obviously chucked a tantrum becaue theur losing money when Asutralians go through Amazon. Really unfair of them :hmpf_bad:

Hopefully not permanent :thumbdown:

Here's something odd I brought the new train station at Kmart......79 bucks though but I needed to build something tonight to control my stress.

The onlune thing stinks, I used to get sets OS for a while until I was told they could no longer do it after Lego notified them of their distribution arrangements...

Here's something odd I brought the new train station at Kmart......79 bucks though but I needed to build something tonight to control my stress.

Your lucky my Local k-mart havent heard of any of the new Sets & wont be getting any trains in stock.

The only thing they could confirm was the Arctic sets which they should be getting 3 weeks from now................No wonder they don't sell much Lego always a month behind everyone else.

Your lucky my Local k-mart havent heard of any of the new Sets & wont be getting any trains in stock.

The only thing they could confirm was the Arctic sets which they should be getting 3 weeks from now................No wonder they don't sell much Lego always a month behind everyone else.

So true, can't complain about poor sales when all your competitors have had a months head start...

I don't know why they are stocking the train station if they are not carrying any of the trains.....perhaps it's because there is no real city sets minus the Arctic ones that are new.

Perhaps a visit to Ingle Farm Kmart to see what they have in stock.

Target Cannington WA was just stocking up on all new sets.

Star Wars: both Rebels sets, B-Wing, AT-AT, Cantina, Jedi Scout, Snow Speeder

Turtles: All Nickelodeon sets plus Movie Lair

City was a wall of orange plus train station (couldn't see trains as the were cages in the way)

Also looked like some new Chima

Myers TTP......wow, stack of new City, Friends and Star Wars......plus I was informed that around 18/19th of September toy sale....perhaps 20% off at Myers.

Does anyone know which shops in Adelaide stock the new city trains? & if so how much are they to buy retail?

thanks.

Maybe old news but on buying overseas and shipping to oz - Barnes and Noble are very good with post - about $13 US from US to OZ flat per item. You can pre-order sets even cheaper in their early bird specials and they also have regular online discounts for members. They also have a kids club. Worth keeping an eye on and giving heads up here as the cheaper US prices make things a real bargain even with postage. Please correct me if I am wrong. This was my understanding from a year ago. So for example spaceship spaceship spaceship is $113 USD or about $125 Aud including post.

Edited by gavralcraw

I went to Marion In Adelaide today, the only shop that had the new city cargo train 60052 was Myers and they wanted $300 :angry: , Big W had the new city passenger train for $198. but only 1 left. I don't get to Adelaide very often but when i do, it never fails too disappoint! :hmpf_bad:

Picked up the SW MTT from tru chaddy for $150 today, had security tag on it but they grabbed a new one from out back. 1 week in the wild and all new SW sets done

Picked up the SW MTT from tru chaddy for $150 today, had security tag on it but they grabbed a new one from out back. 1 week in the wild and all new SW sets done

Sorry it was at tru chadstone and it was a bit of a mess, they really hadn't put much of any of the new stock out. Don't remember seing the sentinel set there.

MTT is supposed to be the exclusive dor this wave it doesn't appear in any of the instructions or catalogues save for the minifig page.