Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Isn't this best done via PM? :-)

For sure! But you dont get PM until you hit 10 posts it seems... which ironically I did with that post :wink:

For those interested, Big W in Mirrabooka has now stocked with 2013 (same stuff as MYER basically). Only thing I didn't notice is Series 9 (they did have a few boxes of Series 4 though)

On the off chance anybody was still interested, I ended up accepting a $20 store credit from Mighty Ape in consideration of the box damage on my Haunted House. This was in lieu of me sending it back to them for a replacement. I wasn't particularly impressed (I would have preferred money not credit when my issue was their poor service in the first place), but I didn't have much choice. I did make it clear that I thought they need to re-evaluate their packing methods and was told they are looking into improving it (whatever that means, I wouldn't have thought selecting appropriately sized cardboard boxes was rocket science, but what do I know!).

I just noticed on MrToys website that the elite police set with Chase McCain in won't be available until the 23rd of this month.....I have been told there are two deliveries to Lego resellers this month. :wink:

Toys R Us now has Hobbit Barrel Escapes in stock. TRU Belconnen (ACT) had one yesterday, and Majura Park (ACT) had half a dozen. $70 if I recall?...

Been to Kmart, BigW, Myer in various parts of Melbourne and all the Chima stuff is on the shelves.

The 2013 City stuff are on the shelves at these retailers too. Ditto Ninjago.

Myer has the Friends 2013 stuff too but didn't see it at Kmart or BigW.

Target in Western suburbs on Melbourne only had the City Museum Breakout and some new Ninjago but much else.

anyone know when the new technic sets generally hit the shelves?

i got gift cards burning a hole in my pocket!! :grin:

Yeah, I am waiting on Creator, the rest of the City Police and Fire stuff and the Ninja Turtles stuff.

mrtoys website has a category entry for Ninja Turtles but no items.

My second Mighty Ape order came today. Three sets all in good order with no damage. I'll buy from there again......

Waiting on the SW sets too, although I have organised through a SW forum to get a few, apparently those aren't far away but the wait for a retail release is killing me!

Bought my son the new fire truck on Sat at Myer's sale and have to admit it was one of the more enjoyable sets I've seen from city in a long time.

Ok all just got the 2013 catalogue. Star Wars Sets- Feb, TMNT- March Super Heroes- Feb, Hero factory- March Technic- April

Creator is February :) No word on Horizon as non of the sets like it and Arkham are in the catalogue :/

In a way it's nice that some of the sets are delayed a bit. Allow the finances to recovery a bit from Christmas :blush:

Any indications in the catalog as to when the rest of the City stuff is due to come out (the fire station in particular but also the other fire sets)

Did the catalog say when the Star Wars Planet sets are coming out? Are series 3 and 4 coming out together or separately?

Thanks

jonwil in regards to Fire City all that is scheduled for February unlike all the other new city which is January. Brickus: It only lists series 3 and they are out in Feb as well :)