Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

as reported on brickset, series 6 minifigures were in Big W today - just 1 box - garden city, brisbane

also Big W Kawana Sunshine Coast. also only 1 box at the start of express checkouts.

Good to hear that S6 figs and some of the City sets are starting to appear on the shelves. Hopefully I can find some in the west without needing to wait weeks :)

Maybe once I get some S6 figs, it might inspire me to start building again :)

I have been told that at least one retailer I have visited today should be receiving all their January re lease stock by the end of the week. :wink:

Many Target, Kmart and BigW stores only have selected creator and racer sets so far still. :cry_sad:

A couple of items for kmart. Kmart burwood had racers/small creator stuff, and staff were clearing spaces for new stock. Also, the exclusive bank was reduced to $49 which I do not think has been mentioned here. They had quite a big supply range of the reduced ninjago/pirate stuff . E.g more than 12 earth dragon for $29.

Edited by alepto

Went to Westfield Strathpine mall (northside Brisbane)and had the following sucesses:

Big W Strathpine has 1 box series 6 in the toy aisle, (priced at $4.79). There are also around 30 Lego cardboard boxes on the shelves unopened, I guess they will be stocking the shelves shortly with the new stock.

Target Strathpine has the following 2012 City sets:

Car and caravan

Ambulance

Grabage Truck

4WD Fire Truck

Police Chinook helicpoter

I bought 1 copy of the fire truck ($29.99) and look forward to assembling tonight. Bought 4 series 6 minifigs, got 2 x werewolf??, 1 x scottish highlander and 1 x mechanic

Edited by mrlegoman

I bought 1 copy of the fire truck ($29.99) and look forward to assembling tonight. Bought 4 series 6 minifigs, got 2 x werewolf??, 1 x scottish highlander and 1 x mechanic

I don't think you did get a scottish highlander, that's series 7 (with bagpipes & kilt)! Probably the celtic warrior or leprechaun. By werewolf, I can only think of the minotaur? Try these pics: Series 6 Series 7

In any case, welcome to Eurobricks!

Went to Westfield Strathpine mall (northside Brisbane)and had the following sucesses:

Big W Strathpine has 1 box series 6 in the toy aisle, (priced at $4.79). There are also around 30 Lego cardboard boxes on the shelves unopened, I guess they will be stocking the shelves shortly with the new stock.

We should have tried Strathpine, I couldn't find series 6 minifigs at Taigum BigW today (they did have some new racers though) ToysRUs Aspley had nothing new yet.

With the news about how many BigW stores have Series 6 now, maybe I should go out tomorrow and see how many BigW stores I can hit :)

Interesting NSW, now QLD....eastern states again - man, sometimes living in SA totally blows :hmpf_bad: . I'm checking every where as of tomorrow afternoon....got to give the staff a chance to unpack....if lucky. :blush:

Hello All

Just to let you know Big W Garden City (QLD) has only 2 packets of series 6 minifigs left :( one of them is the bandit...not sure what the other one is. They did have a couple of Kings Carriage left on the shelf if you are still after them.

Big W in the city CBD (QLD) also has some but given I saw at least 1 person pick up a whole set this morning probably not much left there either.

Both stores has some of the small creator sets and big gaps on the shelf where I presume they will be putting the new city sets...but not out yet.

From the 11th to 24th - TRU - 3 collectable minifigs for 10 bucks. :wink:

So $60 will get you the whole set plus 2 extra's, probably about as cheap as it is going to get this year

I just got my series 6 figs from Big W all 16 in under 1/2 hour, Big W Noosa.

Any cheat sheets around the place yet or do you have X-ray vision? :)

Just the regular, feel the bag method, I went back and got another minotaur. It also seems the dots are easier to read this time, I can clearly see them when in the right light.

No sign of any Series 6 or City in the west yet.

Hit Joondalup, Whitfords, Innaloo and Karrinyup plus Target in Perth CBD. Plenty of places had the various new Creator sets and the new Racers sets. Also spotted the new Build & Rebuild police set and the garage/vehicles set.

Lets hope we dont have to wait 3 weeks for the sets to cross the Nullabor as usually happens :(

No sign of any Series 6 or City in the west yet.

Hit Joondalup, Whitfords, Innaloo and Karrinyup plus Target in Perth CBD. Plenty of places had the various new Creator sets and the new Racers sets. Also spotted the new Build & Rebuild police set and the garage/vehicles set.

Lets hope we dont have to wait 3 weeks for the sets to cross the Nullabor as usually happens :(

Well, by the looks of it anything west of the Victorian border must wait eh ? :wink:

The same sets are appearing in all Targets here, but no city sets ! :cry_sad:

Haven't used cheat sheets or dots for a long time, feeling is faster in my opinion

my lord.... ninjago sets price drop like crazy!!!! The Fire Temple set i got for $199 is now only $100 at kmart.... OMG !!!!!!

that is like HALF PRICE!!!!! im not happy.. now we see that Lego CAN price lego cheaper in Australia!!!!

Edited by hanzocloud

Recieved in mailbox yesterday a flyer from Mr Toys Toyworld. It advised that series 6 minifigs and new City police car, forest police station and new police dog truck will be in store from middle of January.

Maybe download the instructions for both (easiest to find through brickset) and go through them closely to see what you'd enjoy most. If you could afford both and say didn't like one or the other after building, at those prices you could probably come close to getting your money back even with it being built once.

I'm not sure how much info has been published here (and I assume availability can fit under the broad heading of sales), but here are some details of when sets are due out and what are exclusives in the first half of 2012.

City - all out in January with the following exceptions:

4438 Robber's Hideout - March (exclusive to someone)

4205 Off Road Command Centre - March (exclusive to someone)

4430 Fire Transporter - March (exclusive to someone)

4206 Recycle Truck - April (exclusive to someone)

Friends - March (I couldn't see any shop exclusives)

Super Heroes - February (no mention of Joker's Funhouse set)

Super Heroes Action Figs - May

Ninjago - January except the following:

9455 Fangpyre Mech - March (exclusive to someone)

9457 Fangpyre Wrecking Ball - March (exclusive to someone)

9567 Fang- Suei - April

9561 Kai ZX - April

Star Wars - February all sets, shop exclusives listed below:

9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor

9495 Gold Leader's Y-Wing

Technic - all released April, except 8110 Unimog which is a shop exclusive and no month listed

Does anyone know which store will be exclusive to the following sets?

9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor

9495 Gold Leader's Y-Wing

6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

4438 Robber's Hideout

5888 Ocean Interceptor

Cheers

For anyone in the west, Midland Target has the new police helicopter, ambulance, garbage truck, dirt bike transporter, dump truck, car & caravan, fire truck, fire plane and small fire quad bike thing.

Almost bought some stuff but I know that if I wait, Target will have 20% off and I can get a discount :)

For anyone in the west, Midland Target has the new police helicopter, ambulance, garbage truck, dirt bike transporter, dump truck, car & caravan, fire truck, fire plane and small fire quad bike thing.

Almost bought some stuff but I know that if I wait, Target will have 20% off and I can get a discount :)

Okay, now this tiger is PO'ed...totally, lucky for you 'jonwil' the west sees stuff bypassing Adelaide again.....TRU Gepps Cross told me this afternoon NO city sets until Feb/March....no serious that's what they told me......I rang a random Target store (Elizabeth).....they were nearly out of Lego.....dying to get even just replacement stock.

What gives.....why is South Australia being treated like crap.....I hear of any other state getting their sets....then I'm on to talkback radio...this tiger is not happy. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by lightningtiger

Okay, now this tiger is PO'ed...totally, lucky for you 'jonwil' the west sees stuff bypassing Adelaide again.....TRU Gepps Cross told me this afternoon NO city sets until Feb/March....no serious that's what they told me......I rang a random Target store (Elizabeth).....they were nearly out of Lego.....dying to get even just replacement stock.

What gives.....why is South Australia being treated like crap.....I hear of any other state getting their sets....then I'm on to talkback radio...this tiger is not happy. :hmpf_bad:

Target, bigw, myers in elizabeth are tapped out pretty much, as is kmart munno para, and big w salisbury. I was thinking oh great the shelves are empty must be time for 2012 stuff, but i guess not :(.

Target, bigw, myers in elizabeth are tapped out pretty much, as is kmart munno para, and big w salisbury. I was thinking oh great the shelves are empty must be time for 2012 stuff, but i guess not :(.

Yep, went to the latter two late last week, only the racers and creator stuff....why though....no city though ?

Oh, by the way I was told be TRU that they were expecting series 6 collectables in time hopefully for the 3 for 10 buck promo. :wink: