Sign in to follow this  
MCD

1990 Volvo F16 8x4 and 2022 Volvo FH750 8x4

Hi guys,

Please allow me to share my latest build, a 2022 Volvo FH750 8x4 which I'm super pleased with. Some of you may remember my 1990 F16 version? still a firm favourite in my collection. However, recently I have been working on the more up to date 2022 FH versions. I already have a number of FH16 instruction sets on Rebrickable (the last picture shows the 4x2 version) But with this build, there are no instructions, its too complicated! I am unable to upload a video with my resources, but the second axle on the unit has linked steering which detaches when the axle is raised, and the second 2 driven axles have full pendular movement and diffs.

H5.jpg

As a bit of background, the F16 is based on a real truck operated by Heanor Haulage out of Derbyshire, UK in the early 1990s. Sadly Heanor made a decision to close its transport division in 2017.As such they would never have held a 2022 FH750 in their fleet, but I would like to think this is how it would look?

H1.jpg

These photos  also show my Nooteboom trailer with working detachable Goose neck (Instructions for this and the F16 8x4 can also be found on my Rebrickable) The Claas Xerion on the back is Legos own 42054, still a firm favorite of mine...

H2.jpg

H4.jpg

H6.jpg

H7.jpg

H8.jpg

Hope you like? The plan is to do other versions of various other 'F' and 'FH' series Volvos soon.

Thanks for looking,

Mike

Edited by MCD

5 hours ago, Milan said:

Really smooth and clean. Not an easy task to do with mainly Technic parts.
Frontpaged :thumbup:

Ah, thanks Milan! Made up you like at and thanks for pinning 👍🙏

On 10/11/2022 at 8:59 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What a gorgeous model and fantastic pictures! :wub:

The red is a totally cool color for the truck! :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks _ Glad you like the colourway. The F16 is based on a real truck, always thought it was a striking looking vehicle.

Decals happened - I know not to everyones taste, but sets them off I think?

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_E0392%20copyy.jpg

Great build! I love cabovers, but loves older ones more. They both look amazing!

20 hours ago, efferman said:

Wonderful. The decals are the cherry on the cake.

Thanks for that... Ive recently worked out how to design and print my own, real finishing touch

16 hours ago, weavil said:

Great build! I love cabovers, but loves older ones more. They both look amazing!

Thankyou, yeh im a cab over fan, but then i prefer European trucks anyway, and to behonest, prefer the trucks from 80s and 90s

Edited by MCD

On 10/14/2022 at 12:31 PM, MCD said:

IMG_0297.JPG

For a split second I thought: what a great view through the window. :pir-laugh:

Looks better with decals.