New moc working test

I don't have enough red light brick so used with yellow.

Not only that, main gearbox is finished some days ago and need to make connect all thing and put outside and some miner function.

Model is secret now. But if you are experienced enough to lego you will know which model is this.

I planned this in 2021.12 (Inspired in this forum) but started in some weeks ago. And in video I used PF motor but complete model will use C+. Actually, PF can't work with this model. C+ also don't work in this time due to lack of extension cable but I will use chinese C+ extension cable.

I will upload more progress here later.

Edit 1.

2 people correct guessing model so change title

Edited by msk6003

8 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Makes me think of the new Space Shuttle set (10283).

Very similer but no. I planned studless 8480 space shuttle. In video I used light brick insted original's fiber optic system and spike essential's small motor for satellite. PF don't have small enough motor for satellite so I wrote PF can't do this. I also planned to make B model submarine after finish A model but I don't know it will possible.

Just now, kolbjha said:

8480?

Yes

10 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Very similer but no. I planned studless 8480 space shuttle. In video I used light brick insted original's fiber optic system and spike essential's small motor for satellite. PF don't have small enough motor for satellite so I wrote PF can't do this. I also planned to make B model submarine after finish A model but I don't know it will possible.

Yes

Could you use the power functions extension cable with the 9v micro motor? Was under the impression that it was backwards compatible with the extension cable. 

1 minute ago, Tazmancrash said:

Could you use the power functions extension cable with the 9v micro motor? Was under the impression that it was backwards compatible with the extension cable. 

Yes, it could be used but those micromotors are quite hard to come by these days.

23 minutes ago, Tazmancrash said:

21 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Yes, it could be used but those micromotors are quite hard to come by these days.

Also I wanted to model fit in modern technic sets but If I use that it can't count modern set. For the same reason, I tried not to use the clutch gear at first. Because it is discontinued after 2018. but the linear clutch has too strong clutch power, so I had no choice but to use the clutch gear. 

Edited by msk6003

23 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Also I wanted to model fit in modern technic sets but If I use that it can't count modern set. For the same reason, I tried not to use the clutch gear at first. Because it is discontinued after 2018. but the linear clutch has too strong clutch power, so I had no choice but to use the clutch gear. 

Have you checked out this?

41 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Discontinued, really? I mean, it hasn't been used in sets for a few years but it's so incredibly useful part that discontinuing would be really strange. Of course with the linear clutch there's an alternative but as you say, they are not interchangeable.

15 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Discontinued, really? I mean, it hasn't been used in sets for a few years but it's so incredibly useful part that discontinuing would be really strange. Of course with the linear clutch there's an alternative but as you say, they are not interchangeable.

According to rebrickable, It don't released after 2018 with 62.4x20 tire.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:14 AM, msk6003 said:

According to rebrickable, It don't released after 2018 with 62.4x20 tire.

Yes, but that doesn't mean it's discontinued, plenty of parts have been used again after few years of absence.

58 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Yes, but that doesn't mean it's discontinued, plenty of parts have been used again after few years of absence.

But lot of set use linear clutch where can fit 24t clutch. like 42112 mixer truck. It has 24t gear in drum's drivetrain but insted using 24t clutch, it use linear clutch.

And if it doesn't come in a year or two, I'll probably do it, but it's already been almost 5 years and I doubt it's discontinued.

Anyway, back to topic, I finished almost function. Including landing gear and flap. Still need to support front landing gear but I will upload picture soon.

Edited by msk6003

45 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

But lot of set use linear clutch where can fit 24t clutch. like 42112 mixer truck. It has 24t gear in drum's drivetrain but insted using 24t clutch, it use linear clutch.

And if it doesn't come in a year or two, I'll probably do it, but it's already been almost 5 years and I doubt it's discontinued.

Anyway, back to topic, I finished almost function. Including landing gear and flap. Still need to support front landing gear but I will upload picture soon.

On the other hand, the newly released Razor Crest set (75331) had canopy elements, last used in 1992. So for many parts I don't think we're able to ever say that a part is truly discontinued.

Looking forward to photos of your progress!

12 hours ago, msk6003 said:

The new clutch is composed of two unmounted plastic parts. The old one is two plastic parts, a metal part and mounted. I gess, in Lego perspective, the new one has some advantages... sorry for continuing the off-topic :-)

On topic: your idea of using the light bricks is very cool! Hope you can manage where the micromotor is. The arm is small, but maybe you can have a motor inboard and carry the movement up until the solar panels with axles... 

30 minutes ago, vascolp said:

The new clutch is composed of two unmounted plastic parts. The old one is two plastic parts, a metal part and mounted. I gess, in Lego perspective, the new one has some advantages... sorry for continuing the off-topic :-)

On topic: your idea of using the light bricks is very cool! Hope you can manage where the micromotor is. The arm is small, but maybe you can have a motor inboard and carry the movement up until the solar panels with axles... 

Like I wrote in second my post, I use small motor from spike essential for satellite. There was one thing I wasn't expecting, but it was resolved quickly.

love the use of the light bricks, gear trains, space shuttle panels,  and the spike prime small motor (I still need like 12 of these).

Will the landing gear be motorized?

Edited by SNIPE

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

love the use of the light bricks, gear trains, space shuttle panels,  and the spike prime small motor (I still need like 12 of these).

Will the landing gear be motorized?

Same with original. Manuel with lever on wing.

WIP post 2

All function is finished. Now need last turning and building wing.

1.jpg

Light blue panel on front nose because my all my black panel is used in other.

Yellow lever on this side wing is control flap.(Same side with original) And black knob on this side is control C+ L motor connected with extension cable.

2.jpg

Lever on this side of wing is control landing gear.(Same side with original) And black knob on this side is control small motor.

Need to get 4x 3x7 panel for flap.

4.jpg

Both front and rear landing gear use exactly same link system with origianl model and it's enough support whole model with 3.

And I use axle-holed wheel for landing gear. Not pinhole variant because I also planned to make second model too.

5.jpg

Bottom side

I use 2 worm gear in satellite. When I building prototype with 1 worm gear, gear's backlash make one of panel can't folding fully. Original model fixed this using toothed bush and connector but cause I can't use that in here, I use 2 worm gear insted. Now it works fine.

Edited by msk6003

Very cool project. I love all these studless rebuilds of older sets, and this is a classic. I look forward to how you are going to do the wings.