evancelt

[GoC-Oaken Shield] HMS Adder

HMS Adder is a 5th rate frigate in the Corlander navy. She is armed with 22 18lb longguns, 16 18lb caronades and 4 swivel breams. She has a crew of 316 men.

microfig-ship-1-blue-side.jpg

microfig-ship-2-blue-angle.jpg

The sea had been eerily calm over the past day, largely keeping the Adder stationary.

Lieutenant Fishbourn consults with Mr. Furlong. While Mr. Furlong wasn't an officer, he had been a sailor for over 35 years and knew how to navigate the Brick Seas better than anyone else on board.

"Mr. Furlong, how many days out from El Oleonda would you say we are if the wind picks back up this afternoon?"

microfig-ship-3-blue-detail-front.jpg

From the poop deck, Captain Groughland observed Lieutenant Fishbourn talking with Mr. Furlong.

The lieutenant was still quite green, Groughland thought - it sure was good to have seasoned hands like Mr. Furlong on board to pass along maritime knowhow to his younger officers.

microfig-ship-4-blue-detail-back.jpg

microfig-ship-5-white-bg.jpg

----------------------

OOC: Submitted to Corrington as a heavy frigate for the GoC Oaken Shield task 3 - Cruisers of Terranova

I believe with this task approved I'll have three different GoC tasks completed @Ayrlego @Bregir

I've always really liked the 1990's imperial flagship hulls, but the ship seemed super small compared to minifig scale. So I recast the ship for microfigs!

It was fun using dark brown with the classic brown and dark gray of the hull pieces.

This is a nice ship. The bow and stern are well built and I like the color combination. With the microfigures I like the ship very much. :pir-triumph:

Edited by NOD

As I commented on Instagram, I really feel the microscale minifigs make this build 'pop'! Changing the scale changes the whole feel of the build. Very nice work on the shaping and the brick built sails are top notch! :thumbup: for GoC!!

Great looking vessel. The micro figures gives it the appearance of a mush larger vessel and I think it was very well executed. Nice work on the sails and rigging as well and you can't go wrong with some nice gold accents! A :thumbup: from me!

On 9/7/2022 at 2:40 AM, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Really Nice Ship.  :pir-huzzah2:  I really like this Scale! (I think i will do a Ship in this Scale myself)

I look forward to seeing it!

On 10/2/2022 at 8:19 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Great looking vessel. The micro figures gives it the appearance of a mush larger vessel and I think it was very well executed. Nice work on the sails and rigging as well and you can't go wrong with some nice gold accents! A :thumbup: from me!

Thanks LM71!

On 9/27/2022 at 10:15 AM, Fraunces said:

Don't know about the scale but very good try, you make it work@!

:pir-grin: Yeah the gun ports are awfully small, aren't they

On 9/6/2022 at 2:34 AM, Ayrlego said:

As I commented on Instagram, I really feel the microscale minifigs make this build 'pop'! Changing the scale changes the whole feel of the build. Very nice work on the shaping and the brick built sails are top notch! :thumbup: for GoC!!

Thanks! I really like that this whole ship can fit in a relatively small box for storage

On 9/4/2022 at 7:35 AM, NOD said:

This is a nice ship. The bow and stern are well built and I like the color combination. With the microfigures I like the ship very much. :pir-triumph:

Thanks @NOD!