Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

1 minute ago, hikouki said:

Definitely getting one, perhaps even two... Will make one into a A320neo and another one into a MD-90. I haven't figured out how I will modify the engine intakes though. The fans should be inset and not flat mounted at the front.

I just need the little apron bus that goes with it. 

On 8/3/2023 at 1:54 AM, ks6349 said:

However, the only attractive set is as follows:LEGO-City-60367-Passenger-Airplane.png

I cannot wait to have this aircraft and modify it to look like a real A320 ! Definitely will be a day one purchase 

On 8/8/2023 at 8:20 AM, danimarroquin said:

I cannot wait to have this aircraft and modify it to look like a real A320 ! Definitely will be a day one purchase 

but the price is bad.

Pre-order price here for this set in my city is now about $79.99.

Not too bad now.

Edited by ks6349
Update of information.

I got some pretty sweet deals from Walmart lately. Got the Lunar Space Station for half off in the store. The Mission sets were also half off, and I got the Mars and Animal Rescue sets.

On the website I got the Big Wheel Gift Set for only $20 which includes a tractor set, a construction digger set, and a farm polybag. And I see more sets on sale there. Hmm...

Can we expect 2024 City space sets will share the same aesthetic approach that the ones from this year ? Or will it be "reboot" ?

I don't get these last ones since they're not "real Space sets" and have stickers but they do look cool and I quite like this mini wave. I wonder if I would regret if I miss to get them before their departure since the new city space sets will replace it next january. 

Most likely the logo and the spacesuits will be different.

On 8/11/2023 at 7:04 AM, danth said:

I got some pretty sweet deals from Walmart lately. Got the Lunar Space Station for half off in the store. The Mission sets were also half off, and I got the Mars and Animal Rescue sets.

On the website I got the Big Wheel Gift Set for only $20 which includes a tractor set, a construction digger set, and a farm polybag. And I see more sets on sale there. Hmm...

Good deal, but the tractor and the digger truck don't sell well.

Since I had to buy enough in order to be eligible for special discount and free shipping, I have got a few of the tractor and the digger truck, I put it on a local site asking for only $15 for a long time, no shipping needed, nobody even asks.

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

Since I had to buy enough in order to be eligible for special discount and free shipping, I have got a few of the tractor and the digger truck, I put it on a local site asking for only $15 for a long time, no shipping needed, nobody even asks.

Interesting. Well, if you keep it for 20 years...combo/bundle sets usually end up being worth a lot.

On 8/11/2023 at 6:13 PM, icm said:

Most likely the logo and the spacesuits will be different.

For sure. 

asking for advice...

would you still get the Lego City 60307 (i.e. Wildlife Rescue Camp) for about $80 now?

I'm hesitating and cannot decide, the deal will end in a few hours and should never be back.

I want to get it because I strongly believe that Lego hasn't produced too many of it, compared to its sister set Lego 60302, I found Lego 60302 readily available everywhere while I could see none or only very few sets of Lego 60307. It's like a vintage. It's cool to keep it.

I don't want to get it because I already have got Lego 60302 (i.e. Wildlife Rescue Operation) and I don't see any special element in Lego 60307, in fact, it doesn't even have the baby elephant and the crocodile that I like. It only has a lion and a tiger that I am not really interested in.

Well 60307 was exclusive to Lego, and I think one or two sellers who exclusively  got it to, so yeah it is more rare than 60302 which all sellers got. Given it is out of production for more than half a year I would say the price is good (it was exclusive after all). If you should buy it, well that is up to you to decide. It kinda sounds to me like you don´t actually want it though, so yeah. On the other side, if you don´t get it now, it won´t get cheaper ;).

Btw, there is no tiger in this set, just Lions an Elephant, two Monkeys and an Eagle ;).

I really liked both of these sets, as there are great animal moulds inside, but didn´t buy both because there was just to much stuff I don´t really need, especially the vehicles. Would have liked to have two adult Elephants and an child at leat though, but yeah they are pretty expensive.

19 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Well 60307 was exclusive to Lego, and I think one or two sellers who exclusively  got it to, so yeah it is more rare than 60302 which all sellers got. Given it is out of production for more than half a year I would say the price is good (it was exclusive after all). If you should buy it, well that is up to you to decide. It kinda sounds to me like you don´t actually want it though, so yeah. On the other side, if you don´t get it now, it won´t get cheaper ;).

Btw, there is no tiger in this set, just Lions an Elephant, two Monkeys and an Eagle ;).

I really liked both of these sets, as there are great animal moulds inside, but didn´t buy both because there was just to much stuff I don´t really need, especially the vehicles. Would have liked to have two adult Elephants and an child at leat though, but yeah they are pretty expensive.

Just look at the cover closely. There is a tiger and a baby tiger in 60307.

However, I am not interested in tiger and lion but I'm only interested in the elephants. I finally decided to skip it because the price wasn't attractive to me, the price per piece was still high.

3 hours ago, ks6349 said:

There is no tiger in the set just 4 lions:
-1 white male
-1 normal female
-1 white juvenile
-1 normal juvenile

This is how a Lego tiger looks like:
60162_alt11.jpg

6 hours ago, ks6349 said:

What tigers you are talking about? There are no stripes on big cats. Plus, lions are native to Africa while tigers are native to some regions of Asia while Wildlife Recue subtheme focuses on African setting…

Plus, we don’t have a tiger cub yet. 

Some facts:

RRP for the passenger plane released in 2020, i.e. 60262 is $99.99. Number of pieces is 669

RRP for the new passenger plane to be released, i.e. 60367 is $119.99. Number of pieces is 913

That doesn't seem to be a problem.

However, when the passenger plane was released in 2020, most merchants actually priced it for about $85. Now, they price the new plane for about $79 only.

Higher RRP, more pieces, but priced cheaper?

Does it imply that the 2020 passenger plane sold badly, so now they reduce the price on day 1 in order to clear up some stocks at least?

But in fact, I will likely only get this plane and the Ski and Climbing Center for the summer!

Hello, has anyone got the Lego City 60372 (i.e. Police Academy)? How much did you get it for?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!! There have been expressed desires to have the following buildings in City:

• Dance Studio
  • Barber Shop
  • Pet Clinic
  • Electronic Store 
  • Asian Food Shop

Well......we bascially have that in the 60380 Downtown set, which I had the honor of obtaining last week AND.....I'm currently working on it. They fit into this set perfectly. Though the Asian food shop is more of a stand than a shop. It still counts though. 

On 2/19/2024 at 1:29 PM, The Brick Boss said:

I got the apartment building on clearance at Target today. 

Not sure why you posted this here when the thread was for 2023. I just think it’ best to post this new  over there to give American folks heads up. Just saying!

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

Not sure why you posted this here when the thread was for 2023. I just think it’ best to post this new  over there to give American folks heads up. Just saying!

It was a 2023 set......

18 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

It was a 2023 set......

It doens’t really matter. It’s 2024 now.  Don’t expect people to read this 2023 thread. 

6 minutes ago, Lion King said:

It doens’t really matter. It’s 2024 now.  Don’t expect people to read this 2023 thread. 

you did

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

you did

Uh ok? I mean this 2023 thread is not active since September 2023. I’m saying don’t expect people to read this, lol.  Or least to see this threat as active as the 2024 thread. 

What is the point in positing new stuffs hee, anyway? Do whatever you like. 

Edited by Lion King

19 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

It was a 2023 set......

Yeah , I think discussions for 2023 could definately still be here, but City topic isn't as active right now (probably until summer pictures), so discussing older sets in current 2024 topic is fine, both works for me.

For me , I think the main factor that would make me prefer older topics is when a set is retired, like even some 2023 sets already are, I still gotta build 60398: Family House and Electric Car for example but it's an officially retired 2023 set.

Edited by TeriXeri