Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I think it's a good call. There was recently a major controversy in California over a measure to legalize the use of lethal force for police robots. A police robot set like that releasing into the midst of that could very easily come across wrong. Better to save the use of drones for things like the firefighting sets, where there's less chance of a major scandal significantly changing the reception for a set like that.

Thanks for the info

So little is known about it I can’t confirm it’s CITY but I found a rumour in a Facebook group:

New theme: Sparkle 

10785: 58 pieces 
10786: 130 pieces 
10787: 130 pieces 
10788: 497 pieces

All sets 4+

Personally, I’m pleased to see an all 4+ series again.  The sets being 4+ within series (take the recent CITY Wildlife sets for example) has really let things down recently in my opinion, where a set has been effectively wasted - compare the Wildlife Rescue ‘river scene’ set 60301 to the Jungle Exploration equivalent 60160 from 2017.  Looking at various 107xx sets in order on Brickset, they’re all Juniors/4+ so hopefully it’s a return to this (far more suitable imho) style.  10781-4 and 10789-91 are “Spidey and his Amazing Friends” so it slots in that gap perfectly.

Though these sets themselves may not be CITY, I’m wondering if the 4+ sets have been taken from the main themes (which include CITY) and returned to a revamped Juniors/4+ only theme?

Edited by Vilhelm22

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

So little is known about it I can’t confirm it’s CITY but I found a rumour in a Facebook group:

New theme: Sparkle 

10785: 58 pieces 
10786: 130 pieces 
10787: 130 pieces 
10788: 497 pieces

All sets 4+

Personally, I’m pleased to see an all 4+ series again.  The sets being 4+ within series (take the recent CITY Wildlife sets for example) has really let things down recently in my opinion, where a set has been effectively wasted - compare the Wildlife Rescue ‘river scene’ set 60301 to the Jungle Exploration equivalent 60160 from 2017.  Looking at various 107xx sets in order on Brickset, they’re all Juniors/4+ so hopefully it’s a return to this (far more suitable imho) style.  10781-4 and 10789-91 are “Spidey and his Amazing Friends” so it slots in that gap perfectly.

Though these sets themselves may not be CITY, I’m wondering if the 4+ sets have been taken from the main themes (which include CITY) and returned to a revamped Juniors/4+ only theme?

It supposedly a Sonic the Hedgehog theme. There is a thread in the licensed forum about it.

7 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

It supposedly a Sonic the Hedgehog theme. There is a thread in the licensed forum about it.

Nah that’s not the same thing - that’s all 76xxx.  Also this is code name Sparkle, not Lemon, so they’re two separate things.  This info was on the main AFOLs Facebook page - it was clearly new news today.

It’s also on JediJacPenguin which I consider to be the best source of leaks and rumours so 99% sure this is a separate thing.

Edited by Vilhelm22

Just now, Vilhelm22 said:

Nah that’s not the same thing - that’s all 76xxx.  Also this is code name Sparkle, not Lemon, so they’re two separate things.  This info was on the main AFOLs Facebook page - it was clearly new news today.

Ok, that's all good, but since CITY is an established theme, it wouldn't need a codename. They only do that, as far as I'm aware, to keep people from knowing about it before it's announced. Besides, why in the world would they do an entire CITY wave in 4+? Is it a Jack Stone reboot? (I shouldn't have said that, these days you never know what they'll do!)

3 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Ok, that's all good, but since CITY is an established theme, it wouldn't need a codename. They only do that, as far as I'm aware, to keep people from knowing about it before it's announced. Besides, why in the world would they do an entire CITY wave in 4+? Is it a Jack Stone reboot? (I shouldn't have said that, these days you never know what they'll do!)

I’m not saying it’s a CITY wave - I was thinking it might be a revamp of Juniors, with various basic sets linked with multiple themes (CITY, Disney, Marvel, DC, Friends etc).  My thought process was that there might be fewer 4+ sets in CITY as they’d be ‘relocated’ to the Juniors theme.  I’m not really thinking additions to CITY - more that these CITY 4+ sets might stop appearing.

This set was one of several CITY- themed sets from the Juniors range back in 2014, along with various Friends and Marvel/DC sets with a 4+ target, all under the Juniors theme rather than split up between the main CITY, Friends, Disney themes they are now.  I’m just thinking this might be reintroduced, meaning that 4+ sets under the CITY branding would stop as they’d have been relocated to Juniors if it returns.

Obviously it’s pure speculation at this point, but I guess it’s less a rumour of what will be in CITY and more what won’t be.

Snagged the police academy, emergency vehicle HQ and sports car yesterday (as part of hitting the threshold for the Blacktron GWP) and all 3 sets are full of nice parts.

I love all the neon yellow across the 3 sets, the printed battery tiles in the sports car, the driver of the sports car (including the white baseball cap that was previously exclusive to the mini Adidas shoe set), the teal wheel arches and other teal parts on the ambulance, the new heads in the police academy and emergency vehicle HQ, the new police torsos in the police academy, the 3 x 3 corner plate, the nougat hair in the police academy and some of the cool stickers in the emergency vehicle HQ.

Only other first-half-year City sets I am thinking about buying are the gaming truck, the ATV with the otters and the 4+ police station chase.

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

Snagged the police academy, emergency vehicle HQ and sports car yesterday (as part of hitting the threshold for the Blacktron GWP) and all 3 sets are full of nice parts.

If I get the police academy, it would only be for parts expansion. 

15 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

If I get the police academy, it would only be for parts expansion. 

To be honest I only want the emergency hq, I might get the academy for the horse and new parts. My wallet will be safe until summer 

One cool detail in the police academy is that (for what I think is the first time in a LEGO set) the computer in the set includes not just a keyboard but also a mouse.

17 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

So.....it turns out that the police robot polybag has been canceled due to the eye being deemed too scary for children. I got the news via Instagram. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm6XP4opM8J/?igshid=OGQ2MjdiOTE=

I think it has because I believe they aired the "final" episode not too long ago and it ended with......uh.....you may want to see it to find out for yourself. 

It’s a shame really, I enjoyed the sets with the characters 

34 minutes ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

It’s a shame really, I enjoyed the sets with the characters 

I enjoyed the characters too. There are of course other characters that they haven't released yet. But I guess they weren't popular enough. My suggestion for a send off to the series would be a special edition collectible minifig box with every named character that has appeared in the series. 

Doesn't look like there is anything unique in the robot polybag and it doesn't look difficult to re-create either.

19 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

So.....it turns out that the police robot polybag has been canceled due to the eye being deemed too scary for children. I got the news via Instagram. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm6XP4opM8J/?igshid=OGQ2MjdiOTE=

I think it has because I believe they aired the "final" episode not too long ago and it ended with......uh.....you may want to see it to find out for yourself. 

As I said on Instagram, this is my guess. But to be honest, since robots are one-eyed, I think they can give children a little fear.

Academy is by far my fav set this wave, I would use it to expand the 2022 police HQ (my only police building), but I can see it doesn't really fit with the styling of older police buildings.

The emergency HQ I do like the ambulance but the rest is something that I could already make from a combo of existing police/fire/hospitals, so I prefer the Fire Boat and even the 4+ Vet first.

The €10 and €20 sets are very nice this wave, and I've always been more of a fan of smaller Town/City sets over just big packs that have 50% building 50% vehicles, Academy is an exception as it only has a small quad, and the rest of it is focused on the building. 

Sure, the horse jump area could've been a standalone set outside of the focus of Police, but I'm not complaining it's part of the academy here, still prefer it over another police vehicle ,which are already quite readily available via 2022/2023 sets for example :

• 60312: Police Car
  • 60315: Police Mobile Command Truck
  • 60369: Mobile Police Dog Training

And then there are a few police helicopters, SUV, armored truck, car via other 2022 sets still.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

The emergency HQ I do like the ambulance but the rest is something that I could already make from a combo of existing police/fire/hospitals, so I prefer the Fire Boat and even the 4+ Vet first.

I'm using the emergency HQ for a 911 dispatch center in my town. 

59 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

That's what I thought it was after seeing the first image

Yeah! I'm sure they've got phone and locator device pieces in there. Turning it into that will be easy as the alphabet. 

3 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I enjoyed the characters too. There are of course other characters that they haven't released yet. But I guess they weren't popular enough. My suggestion for a send off to the series would be a special edition collectible minifig box with every named character that has appeared in the series. 

Yes that’s a good idea 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

I'm using the emergency HQ for a 911 dispatch center in my town. 

Yeah of course it can be a seperate building as well, makes sense in bigger countries/cities to have localized emergency vehicles parked near main roads etc.

As a product it's not bad either, gives kids and starters all-in-1 type of set to have medic, police and fire services in 1 place.

City had those starter sets in the past, 2013 and 2015 come to mind with all 3 services, but this 2023 is new because it has the building and also a scene to go capture the criminal/put out fire/help the injured.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 hours ago, jonwil said:

One cool detail in the police academy is that (for what I think is the first time in a LEGO set) the computer in the set includes not just a keyboard but also a mouse.

The Lego dots piece has been used as a mouse in a couple of other sets. Can't remember which ones, maybe Jurassic World?

On 1/2/2023 at 6:43 PM, Lyichir said:

There was recently a major controversy in California over a measure to legalize the use of lethal force for police robots. 

Robocop is real now?

23 minutes ago, Killian said:

The Lego dots piece has been used as a mouse in a couple of other sets. Can't remember which ones, maybe Jurassic World?

I think Hidden Side too. As well as the new Gaming Tournament Truck set.

5 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I think Hidden Side too. As well as the new Gaming Tournament Truck set.

Wonder if we'll get a piece printed with mouse buttons eventually? If they haven't already and I just don't know?

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Wonder if we'll get a piece printed with mouse buttons eventually? If they haven't already and I just don't know?

I just built The Friends Art School set which is pretty new and the mouse didn't have any printing. However what would the printing be? The last mouse I used as an Apple one and that's just like a white half egg.

Well I have done some searching and. I can confirm the list is true,however some of the names were wrong. 

60364-(not sure of this)  Urban Roller Skates Park 

60391-Demolition Truck and Wrecking Ball

All of the summer sets are set to be released in June so, we will see all of these revealed when LEGO.com shows the images.

We might see a few more sets as all of these are not Retail Exclusives