Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

2 hours ago, Killian said:

If Lego don't make wolves soon I'm going to Billund to riot

Why don’t we go to Billund to release wolves?

The one I'm most disappointed in is the auto repair shop. I was hoping that it would be something similar to 60258. But it ended up being just something that looks like it belongs in Speed Champions. I'll consider heavily on whether or not I should buy it now. Btw, I don't know about anyone else, but the mechanic guy in that set reminds me of Nubby Stevens from the Lego Island saga. 

12 hours ago, TheArturro said:

The Police Dog and Police Academy sets nicely fit with 2022 Police HQ (it has a tiny dog training-course in front of the guard post) and can serve as a gate to the police academy.

Yeah! My favorite part of that set is the new boot uniforms. Those make boots stand out the most. For clarification, boots are what they call rookie officers or officers in training here in the states. Its a term derived from "Boot Camp" which the training stage for police since police has become more militarized. 

Edited by Poodabricks

14 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

So you're a fellow town builder, aye? Do you have a gas station in your town? Perhaps you can use them there.

Yeah, 'the kids' have a town. I'm just the town planner. It could work as part of a gas station, but the town is getting kind of full so happy to skip a lot of these sets. The town is almost at a point where adding something means remiving something else. I prefer https://brickset.com/sets/60258-1/Tuning-Workshop from a couple of years back and still have https://brickset.com/sets/7642-1/Garage in a box cause I can't fit it in.

Looking at the new sets, the only new molds I can see are the screw thing in the police academy set, the police dog puppy in the police dog training set and possibly the hair on the tree shirt guy in the recycle truck set. Has anyone else spotted any new molds for 2023 in the City sets?

I do like a lot of these although how many I can afford is another matter...

Saw a documentary about Otters living in and around the City-state of Singapore today, makes the otter set in the City theme a whole lot more relevant :thumbup:

Of course otters are found on almost all continents except antarctica and australia, but still seeing those fairly large otter species using human structures in an actual large City to burrow/rest was interesting.

Edited by TeriXeri

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Saw a documentary about Otters living in and around the City-state of Singapore today, makes the otter set in the City theme a whole lot more relevant :thumbup:

Of course otters are found on almost all continents except antarctica and australia, but still seeing those fairly large otter species using human structures in an actual large City to burrow/rest was interesting.

I lived in Rochester NY for a few years and the amount of deer and ground hogs was amazing. They were more numerous then rats.  So pretty much all wildlife works for me.

Edited by Maple

4 minutes ago, Maple said:

I lived in Rochester NY for a few years and the amount of deer and ground hogs was amazing. They were more numerous then rats.  So pretty much all wildlife works for me.

I have spotted a few groundhogs in city areas of the DMV too. So much so that its pretty normal. 

Edited by Poodabricks

I like how LEGO finally made some Octan-E batteries, in 60383: Electric Sports Car

looks like printed 1x2 tiles in the back of the car :

60383_alt4.jpg

Looks like a simple build but a nice parts pack, I like neon yellow, and black wheel arches are a generic useful color.

A hairpiece or neon yellow helmet would be a nice bonus but overall, I think it's a nice small set at it's price point, considering 2023, and this has all printed parts (including a solar panel)

Edited by TeriXeri

11 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I have spotted a few groundhogs in city areas of the DMV too. So much so that its pretty normal. 

Areas near the Department of Motor Vehicles? :laugh:

4 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I like how LEGO finally made some Octan-E batteries, in 60383: Electric Sports Car

looks like printed 1x2 tiles in the back of the car :

60383_alt4.jpg

Looks like a simple build but a nice parts pack, I like neon yellow, and black wheel arches are a generic useful color, tiny nitpick would be lack of a neon yellow helmet, but this isn't speed champions :thumbup:

Do you drive in the city with a helmet on? :head_back: I do like those batteries and when it hits $6-7USD I'm picking it up.

14 minutes ago, Maple said:

Do you drive in the city with a helmet on? :head_back: I do like those batteries and when it hits $6-7USD I'm picking it up.

True, it's a "sports car" not a race car. 

And there's a neon helmet with blue in the stuntz bike set , that'll go well with this color scheme too.

Overall, I think this wave's €10 sets are all strong, good value , even the 4+ with the cat, dog and 2 figs.

Also, LEGO City adventures and Named Characters, seems to be done, overall this wave has a lot of different types of face prints/expressions and new designs.

Edited by TeriXeri

28 minutes ago, Maple said:

Areas near the Department of Motor Vehicles? :laugh:

:roflmao: Good one! But no, I meant the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia area. That's what we ALSO call the DMV. 

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Overall, I think this wave's €10 sets are all strong, good value , even the 4+ with the cat, dog and 2 figs.

All of the 2023 $10 sets are great, in every theme. Very happy about that considering all the horrible price hikes.

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

:roflmao: Good one! But no, I meant the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia area. That's what we ALSO call the DMV. 

Shouldn't it be DCMV?

23 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

They live in most U.K. cities too

On 12/2/2022 at 8:48 PM, TeriXeri said:

That's what I was thinking too, with the amount of trees, mostly pine trees, and then planks and wood logs in the construction set and a polybag, something forest seems in the planning, and City often follows their nature subthemes about 1-2 years after Friends does, Friends did have horse riding and forest in 2021 and look at where City is going now, with more horses, and pine trees and outdoor dog training etc.

While of course this is just speculation, so far there were underwater themes 1 year apart, and elephants 1 year apart (friends were more asian focused but still), and Forest 2 year apart if it's happening in summer 2023.

I think this would be a pretty good guess. The existing animals we have would allow such a theme to be produced and reuse some of the the deer, bears, otters, owl, eagle, squirrels, and the new otter & falcon mould (as well as the puma). It would be like a progression of previous Forest Police, Mountain Police & Wildlife Rescue themes, collectively. Would offer opportunities for all sorts of vehicles too.

It wouldn’t *need* new animals, but given the present trends, I wouldn’t be surprised for it to also be an opportunity to introduce new bear cub, fawn or doe moulds, and maybe a puma cub. Would also be the perfect place to introduce wolves, of course … ;) 

On 12/4/2022 at 9:56 AM, TeriXeri said:

True, it's a "sports car" not a race car. 

And there's a neon helmet with blue in the stuntz bike set , that'll go well with this color scheme too.

Also, LEGO City adventures and Named Characters, seems to be done, overall this wave has a lot of different types of face prints/expressions and new designs.

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone else noticed the lack of named characters, Lego city adventures season 4 seemed to be the end, with 

Spoiler

Harl and the hubbs family

Being revealed as the city’s founders, thus the main conflict between fendrich and Sinclair ends, along with the series

12 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone else noticed the lack of named characters, Lego city adventures season 4 seemed to be the end, with 

Hide contents

Harl and the hubbs family

Being revealed as the city’s founders, thus the main conflict between fendrich and Sinclair ends, along with the series

Yeah! I think that might've been the finale. So much for the possibility of introducing a bus driver character. 😔 

On 12/4/2022 at 3:48 PM, TeriXeri said:

60383_alt4.jpg

A hairpiece or neon yellow helmet would be a nice bonus 

But then you wouldn't have to buy set 60358, and Lego would get less money

Looking closer at the 2023 buildings, and the new 2 plate high bases. looks like most of the buildings floors can be removed, with tiles underneath.
Especially the Police Academy structure looks to be able to seperate in various 16x8 and 8x8 modules, and then have technic pin hole to connect them side by side, so you can make a really wide structure instead, also pin holes at the sides of the 4+ police station allows to add it to the side as well.

The car "garage" layout is customizable as well, but uses + shaped holes instead.

Edited by TeriXeri

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is that pink hairpiece new?

The one in the gaming truck set

I think that is nova’s hairpiece from Lego friends 2023, so technically new

8 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Yeah! I think that might've been the finale. So much for the possibility of introducing a bus driver character. 😔 

I’m only upset that we never got assistant mayor carol yea, sad

25 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

I’m only upset that we never got assistant mayor carol yea, sad

Yeah! What was up with that? Or an actual Mary Sinclair figure. 

10 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Yeah! What was up with that? Or an actual Mary Sinclair figure. 

Yeah, in the main square set she and fendrich are alluded to, we also should have gotten an actual fendrich, instead we get him in a Santa costume in last year’s advent