MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think it probably is just a version name rather than surname, like (Sweater) or (Holiday special) or something.

Those are BrickLink names, not official names, though; LEGO would just call the Minifigs by their regular names. Alternatively, if LEGO did give them version names, the descriptor would likely be at the beginning rather than the end (e.g. “Life Day Rey”, not “Rey Life Day”). 

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Also if we getting another clone BP I wanna see plain P2s and commandos.

I feel like this is unlikely in a pack rumoured to have B2s, since the most prominent appearances of P2 Shinies and plain Commandos has been in TBB. 

31 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Clones should not be the majority of battle packs. This is absurd.

Too many clone packs.

Clones don't need to be EVERY SINGLE BATTLE PACK.

If (that is a very big ‘if’ given Lifebricks’ track record!) the Clone/Droid pack is a $30 “super battle pack”, then we could still get 1-2 $20 packs for other factions (New Republic seems like an obvious candidate). 

51 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

[…] then we could still get 1-2 $20 packs for other factions (New Republic seems like an obvious candidate). 

I will be very disappointed if there‘s no Imperial Commando BP coming. Those guys, the Praetorian Guards, and helmeted Gideon just scream „turn as into marketable plush… I mean minifigs“ :laugh_hard: A NR BP would also be neat since we never had one, but not quite as essential I think.

16 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

Please be wary of anything lifebricks puts out as a "rumor". The guy is a clickbait expert at this point and constantly makes predictions that turn out to be nothing. If he does have a real source for this one, it's possible, but at this point I wouldn't put any stock in what he says until a reliable leaker confirms it.

He is a clickbait expert, but this time his source is the same who told him about may 4 promo. Also instagram account Thebrickreporter, who is a reliable source, told that battlepack contains 4 clones and 2 droids 

Edited by Duke27

16 minutes ago, Renown said:

Even a broken co- clock can be right twice a day.

Leaked pictures of may 4 promo by Lifebricks had indeed broken quality 

1 hour ago, Renown said:

Even a broken co- clock can be right twice a day.

Fair enough :laugh_hard:

Brickclicker's newest video references Lifebricks for the rumored clone battle pack and YJA ship, so presumably he feels confident in those being real. Combined with Renown's comment, I'm guessing a January '24 $30ish clone battle pack with B2s is a pretty sure thing at this point?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I will be very disappointed if there‘s no Imperial Commando BP coming. Those guys, the Praetorian Guards, and helmeted Gideon just scream „turn as into marketable plush… I mean minifigs“ :laugh_hard: A NR BP would also be neat since we never had one, but not quite as essential I think.

I absolutely agree about the Imperial Commandos, etc, though I feel like they could appear in a larger set (as with the Dark Troopers) - Maybe Mythosaur Bo and Mando vs. Moff and two Imperial Commandos? A piece of Gideon's base and Grogu's IG-mech could be the build. A New Republic pack would tie into Ahsoka (giving Baylan and Shin people to fight), as well as be our only/main source for NR troops (as nothing else that would be a set has appeared yet, aside from the blue A-wing). 

3 hours ago, Renown said:

Watch those wrist rockets. 

Can you give us a hint as to which Clone unit will be represented in the set? 

I’m all for Super Battle Droids finally making a come back but I really wish they would have done these clone sets when they had a better design. I’m just not a fan of these combined realistic/animated designs and the grey cheeks just don’t look good to me. 

I like this Millennium Falcon Christmas set though. I hope they continue this trend in future years. 

I’m still so excited for the UCS Venator. I’ve been saving my VIP points for the one day they finally made this set and while I’ll be just a hair shy, I’ll be almost able to get it purely with my saved points.  

5 hours ago, Renown said:

Watch those wrist rockets. 

Seems like a stretch given the poor quality of those molds, I don't believe this. 

A Mando Season 3 flashback set seems a bit more likely...

1 minute ago, samspagoot said:

Seems like a stretch given the poor quality of those molds, I don't believe this. 

Grogu's speeder escape? Try me. 

Just now, samspagoot said:

Would be cool to get a Kelleran Beq and maybe some clones?

Sounds speculative on your part. I only deal with facts.

Just now, Renown said:

Like the fact that a Podracer Diorama is on the horizon?

3 minutes ago, samspagoot said:

Seems like you've picked up some info somewhere. Is this a FoggyFate burner account?

37 minutes ago, samspagoot said:

34 minutes ago, Renown said:

Grogu's speeder escape? Try me. 

33 minutes ago, samspagoot said:

Would be cool to get a Kelleran Beq and maybe some clones?

31 minutes ago, Renown said:

I am quite confused, but what I seem to be getting from this interaction is that maybe the battle pack has a sidecar BARC as the build? I could see that, especially given the rumoured $30 price. 

Can’t believe we’re already getting 2024 rumours before even seeing the Gunship (that thing has to be revealed any day now surely).

Not sure how I feel about yet another Clone Battle Pack, however I’m sure Lego will find some means to make it appealing. Similarly the YJA Ship looks like a marvellous idea for a Lego set, however I hope that doesn’t mean a $60 spot isn’t being eaten up by a 4+ set.

Going to try my luck here but here goes. @Renown Any indication of further Ahsoka sets in the pipeline? D+ shows don’t usually get follow-up waves but I’m crossing all appendages that an exception is made for this show in particular. 

Edited by Kaijumeister

47 minutes ago, samspagoot said:

Wait, what? Please tell us it's a joke

9 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Going to try my luck here but here goes. @Renown Any indication of further Ahsoka sets in the pipeline? D+ shows don’t usually get follow-up waves but I’m crossing all appendages that an exception is made for this show in particular. 

We got follow up sets for Mando Seasons 1 and 2, and we need Thrawn and Ezra! 

11 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

@Renown Any indication of further Ahsoka sets in the pipeline? D+ shows don’t usually get follow-up waves

He wouldn't know, Skeleton Crew is very likely tho

1 minute ago, samspagoot said:

You are out of your mind.

1 hour ago, samspagoot said:

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if this is in the works. After the Trench Run Diorama retires this year it would make sense to have a similar micro-scale diorama (no minifigs) on shelves, and the Mos Espa race is indeed pretty iconic as far as Star Wars scenes go. I wonder what the quote would be?

14 minutes ago, samspagoot said:

You are new here, so a word of advice: just because you know something doesn't mean others don't. I guarantee you Renown knows all the sets you're drip-drip-dripping (or being drip-drip-dripped), and then some.

9 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if this is in the works. After the Trench Run Diorama retires this year it would make sense to have a similar micro-scale diorama (no minifigs) on shelves, and the Mos Espa race is indeed pretty iconic as far as Star Wars scenes go. I wonder what the quote would be?

That makes a lot of sense, and is honestly pretty cool if it’s true. I remember watching videos of people’s microscale MOCs of various scenes from the films going through the franchise, and being able to recreate that somewhat would be really neat. 

2 hours ago, Duke27 said:

Wait, what? Please tell us it's a joke

I could see it, though it's one of the weirdest possible sets to do for a prequel diorama. Why not Palpatine's arrest?

2 hours ago, samspagoot said:

Renown has something like a 100% accuracy rate. I vividly remember saying I thought he was wrong in mid 2019 and he was proved entirely correct. Apparently someone's told you something, but believe me, Renown doesn't speak unless he's sure.