I'm starting to wonder about all the resources Lego are putting in to Dreamzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (TV Show, magazines, books, new moulds for the various forms of Z-Blob and Bunchu, new pieces, new colours for existing pieces, huge number of sets for wave 1, focus groups to make the theme as appealing as possible etc..)

Is that why other themes this year haven't got the amount of characters/new moulds etc that we would have expected (No Cosmo or High Evolutionary for GTG and Baby Rocket being a Friends mould for instance). Has Lego just been allocating more of their tooling budget etc to Dreamzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

Is that the sort of correlation that can happen in toy production?

Baby Rocket makes me wonder if Friends animals in regular minifig sets will become more of a recurring thing? Like if Z-Blob is supposed to be a goofy transforming blob, will many of it's forms be recolours of Friends animals? 

It'd be cool if it got a dog form and they used Spencer from Hidden Side in green though.

12 hours ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

Sure, Hidden Side was announced in February (at NYTF), but Monkie Kid was intended to be announced and released on the same day! Lego is super unpredictable when it comes to these things, so there's no point in trying to predict it.

Good point

I sure hope they will introduce some molded fantasy creatures like Pegasus, unicorn, dragon (don’t get me wrong…), etc. 

On 3/13/2023 at 7:04 AM, Killian said:

I'm starting to wonder about all the resources Lego are putting in to Dreamzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (TV Show, magazines, books, new moulds for the various forms of Z-Blob and Bunchu, new pieces, new colours for existing pieces, huge number of sets for wave 1, focus groups to make the theme as appealing as possible etc..)

Is that why other themes this year haven't got the amount of characters/new moulds etc that we would have expected (No Cosmo or High Evolutionary for GTG and Baby Rocket being a Friends mould for instance). Has Lego just been allocating more of their tooling budget etc to Dreamzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

Is that the sort of correlation that can happen in toy production?

Baby Rocket makes me wonder if Friends animals in regular minifig sets will become more of a recurring thing? Like if Z-Blob is supposed to be a goofy transforming blob, will many of it's forms be recolours of Friends animals? 

It'd be cool if it got a dog form and they used Spencer from Hidden Side in green though.

I don't think they are sinking everything into dreamzz.  They have new molds all over city, Ninjago, MK, HP, LOTR, JW, Marvel, DC, etc.  This is their next inhouse theme like Hidden Side and they are doing as much as they did for Hidden Side so I don't find it has anything to do with what other themes are doing.  

On 3/13/2023 at 6:37 PM, Lion King said:

I sure hope they will introduce some molded fantasy creatures like Pegasus, unicorn, dragon (don’t get me wrong…), etc. 

It's a travesty that we don't have unicorns yet. The horse mould used in Friends and Disney Princess has an accessory hole in it's forehead, they'd only need to make a unicorn horn piece that fits that hole like the hair accessories can. I tried making a custom one but it was bad.

!                                                             s-l500

On 3/13/2023 at 1:37 PM, Lion King said:

Every good theme needs a dragon ;)

5 hours ago, Killian said:

It's a travesty that we don't have unicorns yet. The horse mould used in Friends and Disney Princess has an accessory hole in it's forehead, they'd only need to make a unicorn horn piece that fits that hole like the hair accessories can. I tried making a custom one but it was bad.

!                                                             s-l500

It's definitely time we got a unicorn! But I need some Pegasi

(Yes, plural)

(Yes, the plural Form of Pegasus is pegasi)

The trailer for the new Lego game dropped and there's a monkey pit crew. I wonder if there's any connection to the monkey/ape crew from the Dreamzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz rumours?

1 hour ago, Killian said:

The trailer for the new Lego game dropped and there's a monkey pit crew. I wonder if there's any connection to the monkey/ape crew from the Dreamzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz rumours?

If i remember correctly, there was a description about a ship filled with mnonkeys somehwere here.

14 hours ago, Killian said:

Maybe, but the pit crew monkeys seem to be using pieces from Monkie Kid, and I expect that Dreamzzz will be getting new moulds for its main characters. 

So what kind of new recolors do you think this theme will get? I hoping that spacebus brings us the new classic space helmet in green and gray.

6 hours ago, Inspecter said:

So what kind of new recolors do you think this theme will get? I hoping that spacebus brings us the new classic space helmet in green and gray.

That would be cool.

How about bringing back retired pieces and recoloring those.

8 hours ago, Mondo-TRON said:

That would be cool.

How about bringing back retired pieces and recoloring those.

Retired pieces are hard to bring back because Lego destroys the molds after a certain amount of time. That's why we've never gotten goats again, despite an evidently huge desire.

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Retired pieces are hard to bring back because Lego destroys the molds after a certain amount of time. That's why we've never gotten goats again, despite an evidently huge desire.

They made a new mould for the Goat. It's coming in a Castle set 

3 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Foal was last seen in Paradisa and now it came back in 2022… Ithink there is a new mold for goat will show up in a medieval village set?

Remaking retired pieces is a possibility.

The classic spaceman  helmets were remade, I believe for Benny's space squad set.

14 hours ago, Mondo-TRON said:

Remaking retired pieces is a possibility.

The classic spaceman  helmets were remade, I believe for Benny's space squad set.

Those aren't the original molds, they have a stronger chinstrap so it won't Crack like the old ones, and have been reused in other sets, like the galaxy explorer, gamers market, series 24, etc

Edited by Lemerbrix

5 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Those aren't the original molds, they have a stronger chinstrap so it won't Crack like the old ones, and have been reused in other sets, like the galaxy explorer, gamers market, series 24, etc

Gamers market? I don’t see it somewhere?

2 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Gamers market? I don’t see it somewhere?

On the hat rack next to pink Zane 

5 hours ago, Natant16 said:

Hopefully this theme brings back some of the wackier Vidiyo pieces that never came out.

Yeah I am very curious abou those leaked images we saw earlier. But It’s quite strange and interesting to see those pieces several months after Vidiyo was annoucned to be cancelled. However, i am not sure if they would show up in Dreamzzz.

16 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

I think I used the wrong word because I know it is a new mold with modification.  Redone ?

Anyways Lego can make new molds that are very similar to retired pieces.

I like the black helmet was used in the Mikey & Minnie set, for their noses

Edited by Mondo-TRON

The Dreamzzz characters designs "leaked" on IG, but that's gotta be an April Fools' joke

Right? :oh: