SNIPE

42145 Airbus Rescue Helicopter MODs and Improvements

Is the motor supposed to have a noticeable smell after running? It also has a tendency to stall or cut power on the high speed mode and i can't figure out if it's a gearbox issue or a motor issue.

32 minutes ago, Danke said:

Is the motor supposed to have a noticeable smell after running? It also has a tendency to stall or cut power on the high speed mode and i can't figure out if it's a gearbox issue or a motor issue.

not on my set

13 hours ago, Danke said:

That smells fishy....

Please call customer services and ask for a new motor. Some of my motors have been running for years now and no problems at all!

13 hours ago, Danke said:

No it's not. There's something wrong with either the motor or your build.

Seems we have an Airbus down

Edit

@steph77 @nerdsforprez

today i received my V3 swashplate. In my V2 the towballs were 5,9mm in size, on V3 and your ordered V4 the towballs are 5.8mm in diameter. With lego pushrods they seem to have a little slack. It will work, but i will change the size back to 4.9. please note it will probably doesn't have an effect on your order.

Edited by efferman

2 hours ago, efferman said:

Seems we have an Airbus down

Edit

@steph77 @nerdsforprez

today i received my V3 swashplate. In my V2 the towballs were 5,9mm in size, on V3 and your ordered V4 the towballs are 5.8mm in diameter. With lego pushrods they seem to have a little slack. It will work, but i will change the size back to 4.9. please note it will probably doesn't have an effect on your order.

So if i understand it right, we will receive parts with 5.8mm of diametre? I just hope that the pushrods will remain in place once under effort.

13 minutes ago, steph77 said:

So if i understand it right, we will receive parts with 5.8mm of diametre?

Yes, this is my expierience. It should work, and only on high angles jumping off. When you are not sure about it and when your order isn't on route to the printers you can cancel it and order the new revision which i have uploaded 90 minutes ago.

Btw, i found a solution to lower the main rotor by 3 studs more.

52294242059_06c99989a9_c.jpg

52293978891_0abec3b4ce_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

i will wait for the part and see what happend. i could eventualy coat the joinball to get a superior grip later.

Another thing i noticed: The new blade (with yellow ends) are considerably lighter than the previous ones (with black ends). There is a huge difference. Is it the same with yours?

Edited by steph77

39 minutes ago, efferman said:

Yes, this is my expierience. It should work, and only on high angles jumping off. When you are not sure about it and when your order isn't on route to the printers you can cancel it and order the new revision which i have uploaded 90 minutes ago.

Hmm... I can try this when I get home.  I may try to cancel my order and re-order with the 5.9mm size.  If I understate for last comments correctly, you presume the 5.9 towball size will work the best, right?  

I also have the old blades (with black tips).  I will weigh both when I get home.  I can't imagine a reason for the discrepancy, other than just manufacture variability.  The little bit of paint on each one can't make a huge difference....

In fact, i mount one new blade on an articulate rotor. The rotor instantly tilts because new baldes are lighter. I test it with the 5 new blades: the same. I notice that the new ones are thicker than previous ones.

24 minutes ago, steph77 said:

In fact, i mount one new blade on an articulate rotor. The rotor instantly tilts because new baldes are lighter. I test it with the 5 new blades: the same. I notice that the new ones are thicker than previous ones.

Wow... would that mean a whole new mould?  Are they that much thicker?  but @efferman's weren't. Be interesting to hear from others.... 

img_20220818_211744_kopie.jpg

The old ones weigh about 13gram

img_20220818_211810_kopie.jpg

The new ones a little over 1gram less

Edited by JunkstyleGio

I am curious as to why this is the case.  Or what would be the case for that.  Not a new mould.  But a gram per element seems like a lot.  Weird.  

12 hours ago, howitzer said:

No it's not. There's something wrong with either the motor or your build.

I've taken the back section apart and checked every part of the gearbox for friction, it runs ok, the only sources of strain i've found are the pitch control assembly and the rear rotor.

The motor sounds a bit buzzy so i'm thinking it might just be a defective one.

54 minutes ago, Danke said:

I've taken the back section apart and checked every part of the gearbox for friction, it runs ok, the only sources of strain i've found are the pitch control assembly and the rear rotor.

The motor sounds a bit buzzy so i'm thinking it might just be a defective one.

Could be, since I have had no such issues either and have run the rotor on high speed for a considerably long time.

On 8/15/2022 at 9:06 AM, efferman said:

Now it is real

52286563352_c54ba7a729_c.jpg

52287802434_c997fd4158_c.jpg

52286563457_08312c5c09_c.jpg

52287802404_73e94898c9_c.jpg

52287537131_083ceccd55_c.jpg

The covers are still able to move.

52287537121_a3075d5e0d_c.jpg

52287802244_381f0f0f59_c.jpg

the instruction is on rebrickable

Curious to get your feedback on your cyclic mod.  Does it eliminate a lot of play?  Or was it just to get more room up top?  Debating whether I tackle that or not...

Parts arrived at home... I'll let you know my thought as soon as i get back home, after work...

7 hours ago, steph77 said:

Parts arrived at home... I'll let you know my thought as soon as i get back home, after work...

Please do.  I will be eager to hear.  I get mine on Monday.  

ok, a quick summary of this beautiful part ...

It was really hard to put the 3 parts together, it asked a lot of force to clic them. 

Once put in place, the parts were completely locked, and once again it asked a lot of force to make them turn for the first time.

But after, it is absolutely awesome...video to come soon.

Perfect balanced, realistic movements. Just the pin ball that really will be better hold in place with @efferman 's mod.