Corydoras

Brickbuilt horses

I'm looking for a neat brickbuilt minifig scale horse idea for my castle layout. It has to be sturdy, not overly sophisticated, but not too primitive either, and ideally come with a brickbuilt barding. An updated design from set 383 would be perfect for me, and I have already tried tinkering with it, but I have a hard time redesigning the head. Any tips or blueprints? For all you goat lovers (God, this sounds wrong!) out there, let me share with you some brickbuilt goats of my own idea:

df7yuhl-29aab1ff-ac73-4e05-bc54-d7058ae3

31109: Pirate Ship has a horse build in the alternate Inn build , might work as inspiration as there are instructions for that.

Those goats look awesome. I also agree with @TeriXeri on the 3-in-1 Pirate Ship horse build being a good starting point.

Off topic, slightly: I saw this thread's title and started hearing (in my head) Mick Jagger singing "Brickbuilt Horses". Chances are, you now are too. :innocent:

Edited by Murdoch17

On 6/25/2022 at 1:39 AM, Corydoras said:

I'm looking for a neat brickbuilt minifig scale horse idea for my castle layout. It has to be sturdy, not overly sophisticated, but not too primitive either, and ideally come with a brickbuilt barding. An updated design from set 383 would be perfect for me, and I have already tried tinkering with it, but I have a hard time redesigning the head. Any tips or blueprints? For all you goat lovers (God, this sounds wrong!) out there, let me share with you some brickbuilt goats of my own idea:

df7yuhl-29aab1ff-ac73-4e05-bc54-d7058ae3

These goats are awesome. And the best we have at the moment. Probably LEGO would exchange these at my MOC :D

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I came up with this:

dfa2ptt-80b30c88-b74b-4b77-9e6f-69c14ef7

The design of the horse is inspired by the one from set 6193. It may look cartoonish, but I took a liking to this kind of chibi-cutesy aesthetic. LEGO is just a toy after all, and not meant to be taken completely seriously, right?

I like it. I would make the horse 3 wide (harder) instead of 4, and the head one wide (easy) instead of two.

Edited by Follows Closely

Those look great.

I just remembered the 80104: Lion Dance , those printed curved plates might work as brick built horse blankets as well, or as Joust decorations for a raised stage/tent.

6298835.jpg6298827.jpg6298834.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, Corydoras said:

Heh, 383 was my starting point, as I stated in the first post.

Ah, well I guess that makes sense. I read that first post a month ago, but forgot that detail.