Jim

[HELP] Contests in a Subforum?

This is good, now with or without a contest things stay on the first page longer and the number of pinned topics doesn't feel so big :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, allanp said:

This is good, now with or without a contest things stay on the first page longer and the number of pinned topics doesn't feel so big :thumbup:

True.

And I unpinned one or two of them, so there are actually less pinned topics.

Thanks for bringing this to us. I am a little ambivalent about the sub forum discussion, but I like the change with more topics on the first page. 

2 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Thanks for bringing this to us. I am a little ambivalent about the sub forum discussion, but I like the change with more topics on the first page. 

With 50 topics visible, we might want to abandon the subforum idea. I definitely love to have all the creations in one place, because that makes browsing them even more easy. But I also agree that tucking away the contest in a subforum will result in less "accidental" visitors so to speak.

27 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Great! Out of curiosity, how many used to be on a page?

25. I will see your 25 and raise by 25.

How about we allow unlimited scrolling, like Reddit, Twitter, Facebook and other sites. Just load more topics as necessary. I seem to remember this was the way like ten years ago on this forum so why was that removed?

1 hour ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

How about we allow unlimited scrolling, like Reddit, Twitter, Facebook and other sites. Just load more topics as necessary. I seem to remember this was the way like ten years ago on this forum so why was that removed?

I am pretty (not 100% though) sure that this forum has never had that option. We will be upgrading to the latest version of the forum software somewhere this year. If the option is available we can consider turning it on.