folding.jpeg

Folded crane

Size - 39.5 x 11 x 23 - 9,993.5

Axle 1,2,4 can steer, axle 3 is connected to flat 2 engine in cabin with differential

readywork.jpeg

Fully expended crane

Don't need dissasemble anything while expend.

knob.jpeg

Knob location

I will replace steering knob to flashing light later.

Good idea! A normal tower crane would be too large for this contest I think. Great solution for this problem.

This competition continues to amaze me! Wow! :drool:
Hope you make a video to show how it works.

Cool idea, it’s indeed already an amazing competition and we are just started!

I assume that you must fold/ unfold the crane by hand? And I see some nice little outriggers, how to they work?

looks like a fun model to play with! :moar:

53 minutes ago, GerritvdG said:

I assume that you must fold/ unfold the crane by hand? And I see some nice little outriggers, how to they work?

If I'm not mistaken, they are from 42108, I see the red ball "handle" even. As they were too small for the original 42108 crane, how they perform here, with smaller crane but heavier boom and counterweights (I love them, BTW)?

Edited by Void_S

Not pretty but interesting. Also I think it is kind of weird you chose to use a chain to move the "hook rollers" (no idea what that is called). I would have just used string instead for a more sleek, lightweigt and small solution.

38 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Not pretty but interesting. Also I think it is kind of weird you chose to use a chain to move the "hook rollers" (no idea what that is called). I would have just used string instead for a more sleek, lightweigt and small solution.

At first I also think string first. But chain can drive if tension is loose. string can't.

String can, but you have to "fasten" it correctly. A "winch" where you wrap the string around 3-5 times should make sure it works even if not tensioned. 

But I do love your idea! Just hope you have time for some "prettying up" as this model really deserve a chance in this competition. I thought of something like this myself, but found it would be to time consuming. Quite amazing what you have managed to make in a short time! This will sure pick some points! :pir-sweet: