Sign in to follow this  
TalusMoonbreaker

Ancora fratelli [Freebuild]

BROTHERS AGAIN

ANCORA FRATELLI

La Torre del Girovago

501ED867-CCEC-4D7F-A7D7-F66211914CA2.jpe

STORY

The sun had reached its zenith and I was sweating. I had run the length and breadth of Porto Caglaveri to confuse the guards. I was halfway to the road out of town, at a guard tower across the canal from the Piazza degli Architetti. I stared up at its simple stone façade and then refixed my gaze on the door. When I’d recovered, I went up to the door and slammed into it until it caved in.

3330DF9B-CEA5-4205-89B8-6B765709D87E.jpe

A surprised guard waited inside. Quickly I parried his clumsy halberd strikes, driving him outside. He lost his footing on the rough cobbles and I chose to strike, thrusting my blade into his gut which sent him into the canal with a loud splash. Then, I ran up the winding staircase and threw myself at the two bewildered guards both of whom fell with ease. I fumbled with the keys on one of the fallen guard’s belt because I was sweating profusely and breathing heavily from my nervous adrenaline and physical exertion. 

3564227F-50B8-40C4-AC87-C2FE0F50EE30.jpe

A filth ridden, slumbering man dressed in stained fine cloth awaited me inside the cell. Thankfully, a bucket of water lay at the door. 

“By Sana Argenta!” He spluttered violently. “Lemme sleep in peace! Andare via.

His head slumped back down. Again, I emptied the bucket on him, he spluttered, this time his limbs flying as he tried to get up and exact vengeance.

“Oh fratello,” I sighed. “You’re a mess.”

“Ilazio?” he slurred, vaguely recognizing my voice. “Fratello, what’re you doin’ here?”

“While you, Ristoro were partying, I was helping la nostra famiglia. Least you could do after all of these years is say grazie.” 

Il padre è morto! He’s dead!” Ristoro retorted. “You call that help?”

I looked at him disgusted, mio fratello. Ridicolo. “When did you start caring? When have you ever been a proper husband to Marsilia? A father to Aurelia? A son to papà? Giammai! Never! At least I did something!”

Ristoro looked back at me, shaking his head in denial. 

“How did you end up here anyways?” I spat at him angrily, maybe that would get his attention. 

Ehi, that. A beautiful Ziccardi girl. Real nasty piece of work her father is though he could rival papà in works of wonder,” Ristoro replied sweetly.

I grabbed him violently and pinned him against the filth-ridden prison cell wall. Too angry to yell, I whispered softly but with malice in every word: “Traditore, your own daughter was at that same ballo! I didn’t come here because I want your help but because I need it.”

Ristoro’s eyes darted as he looked at me, nervousness written all over his sweaty, squalid face. 

“I mean to kill the Rego to avenge our padre.

“What?! And you call me un traditore?” he replied, shocked. I let go of him and he stumbled to the ground like a roll of drenched parchment. I then paced around the cramped cell, thinking.

Finally, I said, “No one saw me last time, all they saw was a masked assassino, a common sight of late. We have only been condemned for kidnapping a de Cioto child and shaming l’amato Rego.

Ristoro sighed as he slowly stood up. “Well, looks like you leave me no choice fratello, ancora fratello. Where’re you draggin’ me?”

“To apologize to your daughter.” 

He said nothing in return as we began our descent down the spiral staircase to the canalside streets. It mattered not, for I had to deliver Marsilia’s letter to Aurelia and then, I could shift my focus to repairing my fractured famiglia.

Spoiler

Additional Pictures

Very messy back:

7B93881B-D9C5-4D81-BF4C-7DFE1825AEA0.jpe

The Fight:

37ECE6CB-AFFD-4652-B6D5-A867810F696D.jpe

Ilazio (I didn't particularly like this shot.) 

2E594B6D-D50F-4578-A6DD-73BC868FF89B.jpe

Ilazio (With original clothing): 

95E82F59-36E6-4466-B27B-814DAB93A2D2.jpe

That little blue story of the building really makes this MOC special.  Great textures and pretty neat how you sneaked just enough interior around back for the story!

I like the ingots on the corners and the use of the profile bricks looks nice.  Fun story too.  

This is such a lovely and compact build! I really like the door frames as well as the tan ingots.  Your color choices for the walls are great.  The story is fitting - I'm glad Historica is active off the mainland.

Yo, you're really tapping into the Venetian architecture, like what Di Carli and Barthezz Bricks have done in the past! Lovely scene shots as well!  And a great advance in the story, looks like the plot thickens, haha!

On 4/14/2022 at 10:31 PM, Kai NRG said:

That little blue story of the building really makes this MOC special.  Great textures and pretty neat how you sneaked just enough interior around back for the story!

Indeed! Glad you like it! 

On 4/14/2022 at 11:14 PM, zoth33 said:

I like the ingots on the corners and the use of the profile bricks looks nice.  Fun story too.  

Grazie! I got them recently and thought this was a good use.

On 4/15/2022 at 10:15 AM, jtooker said:

This is such a lovely and compact build! I really like the door frames as well as the tan ingots.  Your color choices for the walls are great.  The story is fitting - I'm glad Historica is active off the mainland.

Grazie! I try :)

On 4/16/2022 at 11:12 AM, W Navarre said:

Yo, you're really tapping into the Venetian architecture, like what Di Carli and Barthezz Bricks have done in the past! Lovely scene shots as well!  And a great advance in the story, looks like the plot thickens, haha!

Grazie! That’s high praise indeed! Glad you like the scene shots! Indeed it does! What will Ilazio do next? (Hehe, you already know, but that’s our little surprise.) 

Such great texture work all over the MOC, especially with the Ingot Corners and the street! Certainly a peaceful place when sword wielding persons aren't rushing through the streets

The architecture here is super vibrant and textured! Like a little slice of Itialian style architecture! 

Nice little corner of Varlyrio!  The colors look great, and I like the edge near the water.  The small jail cell looks nice, too.  I particularly like the roof on the orange building.