Hello!

I decided to build a model for the transport of building materials for this competition. In the discussion topic was this sentence "model that you can see at the construction site", I regularly see similar models there :)

ZxKkDvNe1_E.jpg?size=1048x795&quality=95&sign=57bb298074a2dafc216c760f7dffac94&type=album

I will wait for confirmation that the model is eligible for the competition.

The currently plan is:

- propulsion - 1XL motor (Control+)

- steering - 1L motor (Control+)

- powered by Technic Hub 

- body unloading 

- suspension 

Dimensions:

Its 36.5x15x18 studs, Dimensions is 9855 cubic studs. 

There you can see the progress:

E-E0fbtxO9s.jpg?size=1048x1048&quality=95&sign=1ab71a5fee963497d7d4547c1ff6bccc&type=album 

Edited by NoEXIST

Really nice chassis for the truck :-)

Side not: Please rescale the picture to a maximum resolution of 1024 x 1024 pixels.

Another one motorised. Didn't thought, that those will be so much in this contest entries.

37 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Really nice chassis for the truck :-)

Side not: Please rescale the picture to a maximum resolution of 1024 x 1024 pixels.

Thank you! Photos replaced :)

24 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Another one motorised. Didn't thought, that those will be so much in this contest entries.

I thought about doing it mechanical truck, but the motorized version seemed to me simpler. 

This creation will have a mechanical function - body unloading. This decision was made due to the lack of another motor

Some progress today

I tried to make a cab with a minimum of system parts.

For me it was a challenge since my creations use it a lot.

LIAZ%20250%20Cab.png

Good.

It looks like You are planning to make something like that small triangle window also for doors.

And did You considered these for front grill?

2412a.png

To make it more technic, for front sides of cabin those 2x3 technic panels could be used

71682.png but maybe for the scale they are too big.

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

Good.

It looks like You are planning to make something like that small triangle window also for doors.

And did You considered these for front grill?

2412a.png

To make it more technic, for front sides of cabin those 2x3 technic panels could be used

71682.png but maybe for the scale they are too big.

I also had an idea using these parts in the grille, but I do not have enough of them... (Shipping of my last order of parts took more than a month. I'm not sure they would have arrived during the competition)

In my real assembled model, I will be forced to make the grille in dbg or leave it as you see in the render

Unfortunately you are right these front side panels will be too big

5 minutes ago, NoEXIST said:

Shipping of my last order of parts took more than a month.

From lego?

It is somehow good, that we don't have that service here in Latvia, as briclink sellers operate fast. My last order was deliverd on 3rd day (even less that 48h) from Austria. But none was longer than week.

10 minutes ago, NoEXIST said:

Shipping of my last order of parts took more than a month.

I usually order straight from B&P(now PAB) and it takes around 1.5 months (with c0vid)!

3 minutes ago, Jurss said:

bricklink sellers operate fast. My last order was delivered on 3rd day (even less that 48h) from Austria. But none was longer than week.

Wow. I ordered a bricklink order a long while ago (before c0vid) and it took around 3-4 months! you would think it's just much slower to ship to Australia but that doesn't explain how my buwizz got here in 14 days.

47 minutes ago, Jurss said:

From lego?

It is somehow good, that we don't have that service here in Latvia, as briclink sellers operate fast. My last order was deliverd on 3rd day (even less that 48h) from Austria. But none was longer than week.

Yes, from Lego.

I really should finally try placing an order on Bricklink.

First version of Liaz next to my MAN TGX

1280x960.jpg

Also an improved version of the cab 

LIAZ%20250%20Dumptruck_edited.png

11 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

I know this is a bit of a wish. But how hard would it to motorise a bed lift.... bit of a challenge for you....

I will try to assemble another chassis with PF system, so it shouldn't be a problem

Changing the system in the chassis was very easy, so looking was not changed much. 

But in my opinion it would be better to install a Powered Up M motor with a Control+ system... The only problem is a price for these motors...

Picsart_22-04-17_12-19-17-716.jpg

22 minutes ago, NoEXIST said:

Changing the system in the chassis was very easy, so looking was not changed much. 

But in my opinion it would be better to install a Powered Up M motor with a Control+ system... The only problem is a price for these motors...

I see you have changed your front bumper and wheel arch. The first version to me looks very clean and having the step looks good.

I'm guessing with the new version it'd easier to add lights and indicators that function?

14 minutes ago, brickless_kiwi said:

I see you have changed your front bumper and wheel arch. The first version to me looks very clean and having the step looks good.

I'm guessing with the new version it'd easier to add lights and indicators that function?

New arch - an attempt to see how it will look

The new bumper unfortunately does not provide any additional options in the form of lighting installation.

In this bumper, I like the size of the headlights more, but I do not like the way it is attached and the lack of a step...

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

the mirrors

it looks to me like they fold which jim said was ok

30 minutes ago, Jayden said:

it looks to me like they fold which jim said was ok

Exactly, today I saw in discussion topic that they need to fold, so I did it.

47 minutes ago, NoEXIST said:

Exactly, today I saw in discussion topic that they need to fold, so I did it.

When they are fold you have 15 studs, now I understand, good work. The only part I do not like is the front, too much use of tyles does not fit with my technic view, but I think is my problem more or less.

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

When they are fold you have 15 studs, now I understand, good work. The only part I do not like is the front, too much use of tyles does not fit with my technic view, but I think is my problem more or less.

Thank you!

Maybe this is really not a very clean technic. But in comparison with sets 42078 or 42128, it should not stand out for the quantity of system parts. I think it's somewhere on the same level.

1 hour ago, NoEXIST said:

Thank you!

Maybe this is really not a very clean technic. But in comparison with sets 42078 or 42128, it should not stand out for the quantity of system parts. I think it's somewhere on the same level.

Our nonexistent problem is that nowadays nobody can say what a Technic set or MOC really is. Good example with the 42078, for me is almost a model team set with functions. In the end all is money, if they can sell us more pieces that Technic needed before they will do it and they will not change the name Technic from the box.

Edited by jorgeopesi

My first bricklink order has finally arrived. Now all colors on my truck match my ideas. 

I aslo put back the old wheel arch design and made a new connection to the bumper to make it stronger. 

1280x1290.png