Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Bat mocs'N'Mods Treat 4

Hey folks and welcome to Bat Mocs'N'Mods Treat 4! Well Brainbox is back recently but i'm a bit late for a welcome back vig so I'll just say I'm so glad he's cut down on the awful punning.

Today we have:

3 mods

3 Updations

2 Creations

and another going away!

Okay, here we go, as usual the Batmods are up first:

Part 1 - The Mods:

Arkham Spotlight:

p1230715.jpg

Blackened and improved spotlight as well as adding "Stay Out!" sign:

Also placed a clip at the bottom of the ladder to make it sturdy, and as you can see the light is a lot better now:

p1230724.jpg

Two-Face Van:

p1230702.jpg

Really happy with this one, it is now very, very improved. Far more white and grey on its respective sides including wheel hubs:

p1230703.jpg

Other side.

Back I'm really proud of, removing the button replacing it with an armoured door. i kept a few studs so it still looked like an actual set:

p1230705.jpg

It open with Two-Face and thug:

p1230714.jpg

Penguin's U99 Sub:

p1230570.jpg

Another one I'm particularly proud of. All shooters removed and replaced with a smooth outside.

The white technic bars no longer show and the whole thing is sleeker:

p1230572.jpg

Removed almost all grey from bottom to keep it more penguin-ish. Kept the grey on the fins to distinguish them, and put on black inverted dishes in keeping with the colour scheme:

p1230574.jpg

Now the inside area is HUGE! Having removed the cannon and elongated the removable top to six studs long, Penguin can fit in all that!

p1230576.jpg

Not to mention this cargo bay:

p1230577.jpg

Very accessible see?

Now two or even three people can fit:

p1230580.jpg

See all the mods here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=298640

Part 2 - The Updations:

A new bit, this is where I post old Batmocs I have now improved.

Batsubmersible:

Once this with the ugly "floorboard roof":

p1220178.jpg

Now this beauty thanks to the Snake Oiler car piece:

p1230616.jpg

Overall a far more improved machine.

New vs Old.

Robin Speedboat:

With the debut of the awesome Scuba Jet my Speedboat looked a little out of polace next to it, too much black, no bley, too much red etc. it was also too large. Old:

p1200852.jpg

Vs cute and cooler new:

p1230609.jpg

Go Go Go!

p1230614.jpg

Robin Snowski:

Some of you may remember my Robin Snowski from my Batimpulses:

p1220375.jpg

Well here it is, new and improved:

p1230726.jpg

Rather happy how this turned out with the silver sleds, the flames out the back I felt worked too:

p1230727.jpg

Taking off:

p1230729.jpg

And the three vehicles together, see how they all match colour wise now?

p1230732.jpg

Part 3 - The Creations:

The Whirlybat:

p1230734.jpg

Such a cute little gyrocopter for Bats! :wub: This appears in Tales of the Demon collection and a few other comics:

p1230736.jpg

I'm happy how it came out really, especially with Bats in it:

p1230739.jpg

In action!

p1230743.jpg

And next to the huge Batcopter:

p1230745.jpg

Harley Quinn Truck:

Total, and I mean TOTAL credit to The Penguin for this, a truly wonderful idea, and he was the first to do it. Thanks mate for letting me do it as well:

p1230751.jpg

p1230752.jpg

Door Opens up:

p1230754.jpg

Thanks again Pengy. I've already changed it out of respect though to suit another Batman character so look out for it in the next Bat Treat.

More pics of it and everything else here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=295370

Part 5 - Another going away!

Batbrick is sad but he knows it is right, he accompanies Brainbox to his permanent residency to Arkham where he can pun to himself all he wishes :grin:

p1230774.jpg

p1230777.jpg

Have to say, I'm really happy how this minivig came out!

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for looking!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Great work, BatBrick! )

You made me one sanguine Penguin! :grin:

Two-Face's van is great. Looks more solid and accurate. ) :classic:

The U99 is awsome! ) I find especially useful the cargo space.... too small for my 150 penguin-troopers, but enough to place LOTS AN LOTS of gems there! ) :tongue:

Though I don't really like TLC's approach to Robin's vehicles with those carnival colours, I may say that it's great work what you've done with it! ) :classic:

And thanks for giving me credit, mate! ) It's an honor that such a talented creator as you may find inspiration in my humble MOC-s. )

Again and again! ) Great work! ) :thumbup::sweet:

P.S.

See you in Arkham, Brainbox! ) :laugh:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

I really like how you moded the penguin sub. And I totally love the updated Batsubmersible. The old one looked very crappy. Brainbox going to Arkham Asylum? :laugh::laugh: Maybe you should change the torso. Something that looks more like a straight jacket. He looks to much like an inmate in jail.

And I don't know about the Whirleybat :sceptic:. It looks too.. open... Maybe you should put some doors on it, like take out the seat, put a 2x4 black plate, put the seat back on it and put something on both sides to make to look like doors. It kinda gives you the feeling that Batman will fall out if he doesn't have any doors. :tongue:

Edited by Scyzoryk

:oh3: Wow that truck and submarine looks nice! I esspecially love the U-99 and how roomy it is now. The truck is very impressive, I love how you did the checkered colors. I also think Brainbox belongs in Arkham. :laugh:

Very nice job on the penguin sub... I just put that set together last nite and I want to mod it too. Your mod is a good inspiration.

Excellent work, Batbrick!

You have done such a great job updating Two Face's van and the Penguin sub that I may have to copy your ideas myself - you've saved us all a lot of work! Truly amazing what a difference getting rid of the crappy technic shooters makes in terms of opening up a set. The refined colours on the Penguin sub are very nice as well :wub: .

The modified Robin Speedboat suits Robin's official vehicles perfectly and is a very nice little design.

The only think I don't like are those pearl silver pieces on the Whirlybat - they look kind of out of place, maybe because they look like they're pointing up and out at an odd angle which goes against the sleek minimalism of the rest of the design? Or maybe it's just because they give me flashbacks of the ugliness of the Mr Freeze set Bat Buggy! :tongue:

All in all, though, definitely :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Some nice mods there Batbrick, really like the Penguin sub mod now and also the Robin Speed Boat. Very cute

Another great batch, Batbrick! Though it may seem the least detailed and whatnot, my favourite is actually the Bat Gyrocopter thing. :laugh: I think it's really cool, so cute and nifty. :laugh: Well, I'm lookin' forward to seeing the next lot!

~Peace

Great job! I always like your MODs and upgrades :thumbup: .

Thanks for sharing :wink:

LuxorV

Great work, BatBrick! )

You made me one sanguine Penguin! :grin:

Two-Face's van is great. Looks more solid and accurate. ) :classic:

The U99 is awsome! ) I find especially useful the cargo space.... too small for my 150 penguin-troopers, but enough to place LOTS AN LOTS of gems there! ) :tongue:

Though I don't really like TLC's approach to Robin's vehicles with those carnival colours, I may say that it's great work what you've done with it! ) :classic:

And thanks for giving me credit, mate! ) It's an honor that such a talented creator as you may find inspiration in my humble MOC-s. )

Again and again! ) Great work! ) :thumbup::sweet:

Thanks The Penguin, glad you like the U99, I think the improvements will definitely help you! :sweet:

Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

I really like how you moded the penguin sub. And I totally love the updated Batsubmersible. The old one looked very crappy. Brainbox going to Arkham Asylum? :laugh::laugh: Maybe you should change the torso. Something that looks more like a straight jacket. He looks to much like an inmate in jail.

And I don't know about the Whirleybat :sceptic:. It looks too.. open... Maybe you should put some doors on it, like take out the seat, put a 2x4 black plate, put the seat back on it and put something on both sides to make to look like doors. It kinda gives you the feeling that Batman will fall out if he doesn't have any doors. :tongue:

Thanks, but please don't call my old work "very crappy", it's very inconsiderate especially since before these mods it was still well received.

That said, you are wrong about the gyrocopter as most only have a seat and seatbelt to hold you in they are so small. Plus, gryocopter pilots have to be low because you realise their is a blade spinning above them. Thanks for your comments.

:oh3: Wow that truck and submarine looks nice! I esspecially love the U-99 and how roomy it is now. The truck is very impressive, I love how you did the checkered colors. I also think Brainbox belongs in Arkham. :laugh:

Thanks, glad you like some of the stuff!

Very nice job on the penguin sub... I just put that set together last nite and I want to mod it too. Your mod is a good inspiration.

Thanks, I'm glad to serve as an inspiration, modding it is easy and a fair bit of fun.

Excellent work, Batbrick!

You have done such a great job updating Two Face's van and the Penguin sub that I may have to copy your ideas myself - you've saved us all a lot of work! Truly amazing what a difference getting rid of the crappy technic shooters makes in terms of opening up a set. The refined colours on the Penguin sub are very nice as well :wub: .

The modified Robin Speedboat suits Robin's official vehicles perfectly and is a very nice little design.

The only think I don't like are those pearl silver pieces on the Whirlybat - they look kind of out of place, maybe because they look like they're pointing up and out at an odd angle which goes against the sleek minimalism of the rest of the design? Or maybe it's just because they give me flashbacks of the ugliness of the Mr Freeze set Bat Buggy! :tongue:

All in all, though, definitely :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for commenting svelte-corps, I'd be happy if you copied my ideas! :laugh:

I quite like the silver pieces on the whirlybat but I know what you are talking about, they do stand out. Speaking of buggies though, next Treat I have a REAL Batbuggy!

Some nice mods there Batbrick, really like the Penguin sub mod now and also the Robin Speed Boat. Very cute

Thanks BigT, nice ot see someone who likes th boat :wub:

I just LOVE them all!!!! Great job batbricks, and penguin :tongue: . Can't wait for more :classic: .

Thanks riddler, and thanks for giving credit to The Penguin. And more is coming...

Another great batch, Batbrick! Though it may seem the least detailed and whatnot, my favourite is actually the Bat Gyrocopter thing. :laugh: I think it's really cool, so cute and nifty. :laugh: Well, I'm lookin' forward to seeing the next lot!

~Peace

Thanks mate, I like the gyrocopter too, silly but fun!

Great job! I always like your MODs and upgrades :thumbup: .

Thanks for sharing :wink:

LuxorV

Thanks LuxorV, always nice to see you comment.

Great mods and customs. The Harley Quinn truck is very good. That must have taken awhile to build. I modified the Two-Face truck as well. Though yours is much nicer than mine.

wow, their all very amazing works, BatBrick!! My favorites are the Robin Snowmobile and the Harley Quinn Truck. I also liked the mini Bat Chopper, and good idea taking a pic with the propellers in motion, it gives it a more realistic feel, IMO. Great job, keep up the good work! :sweet::thumbup:

Who would've thought that an accidental backlog of photography from me all those months ago would lead to four treats from you and 3 goody bags from me?

The Arkham spotlight isn't anything special, but it's still nice. The little changes nhave made it look better, in a way that's subtle. Two-Face's van is very nice. I think I need to try and find some white wheel arches so I can do the same thing on mine, as it looks really quite good. The sub MOD is also a vast improvement, with more space and less missiles. Harley's truck, while not yours per se is still very cool. And you've changed it for another Bat-character? Ooh, the suspense is killing me... :grin:

This is something new, MODs of MOCs. I liked the original sub anyway, so this sleeker version is all the better. And it's such a small, simple change as well. Robin's speedboat as well, very nice. Interestingly, Robin seems to have the same 'fluctuating hairstyle' problem as me.

The overglorified sledge snowski is fantastic. While the old one was constrained by being impulse sized, there's no such problem here, allowing you to go to town on a better design, which looks more solid and generally cool.

The whirlybat is fantastic. Really.

And this time, I appear to have had the obligatory prison haircut.

Um... where's part 4?

Such a cute little gyrocopter for Bats! :wub: This appears in Tales of the Demon collection and a few other comics:

Oh, this Whirlybat. Right. See, when I said I wanted to build a Whirlybat, this wasn't the one I meant. I meant this one, but in blue. I couldn't be bothered to find a picture of the blue one.

Batbrick is sad but he knows it is right, he accompanies Brainbox to his permanent residency to Arkham where he can pun to himself all he wishes :grin:

We both know you're wrong on both counts there. But maybe I could call myself the Punster. Or find a female sidekick and call ourselves Pun and Judy.

Brainbox going to Arkham Asylum? :laugh::laugh: Maybe you should change the torso. Something that looks more like a straight jacket. He looks to much like an inmate in jail.

Actually, Batbrick's right. Arkham inmates wear orange jumpsuits.

I also think Brainbox belongs in Arkham. :laugh:

I'm not the one who runs round dressed like a clown...

That said, you are wrong about the gyrocopter as most only have a seat and seatbelt to hold you in they are so small. Plus, gryocopter pilots have to be low because you realise their is a blade spinning above them. Thanks for your comments.

And it's from the 70s, so...

Great mods and customs. The Harley Quinn truck is very good. That must have taken awhile to build. I modified the Two-Face truck as well. Though yours is much nicer than mine.

Thanks Icedrake, I'd like to see your Two-Face truck.

wow, their all very amazing works, BatBrick!! My favorites are the Robin Snowmobile and the Harley Quinn Truck. I also liked the mini Bat Chopper, and good idea taking a pic with the propellers in motion, it gives it a more realistic feel, IMO. Great job, keep up the good work! :sweet::thumbup:

Thanks, glad you like the spinning chopper blades!

Who would've thought that an accidental backlog of photography from me all those months ago would lead to four treats from you and 3 goody bags from me?

Ah yes, you have cemented yourself in Bat Lego Legend now, even ThePenguin is chipping in!

The Arkham spotlight isn't anything special, but it's still nice. The little changes nhave made it look better, in a way that's subtle. Two-Face's van is very nice. I think I need to try and find some white wheel arches so I can do the same thing on mine, as it looks really quite good. The sub MOD is also a vast improvement, with more space and less missiles. Harley's truck, while not yours per se is still very cool. And you've changed it for another Bat-character? Ooh, the suspense is killing me... :grin:

Yeah, I just wanted a couple of tiny things for the spotlight, as you say nothing special, but might as well post it right?

The white wheel arches came in the ambulance city set if you are interested, glad you like the van mod. The sub I am very proud of, it took longer than it appears it would.

And the villain I've converted the truck for will kill you! :skull:

This is something new, MODs of MOCs. I liked the original sub anyway, so this sleeker version is all the better. And it's such a small, simple change as well. Robin's speedboat as well, very nice. Interestingly, Robin seems to have the same 'fluctuating hairstyle' problem as me.

Did you like the "mod of mocs" bit? I thought it was good, I like to keep improving things.

The overglorified sledge snowski is fantastic. While the old one was constrained by being impulse sized, there's no such problem here, allowing you to go to town on a better design, which looks more solid and generally cool.

Thanks, glad you like the new one, I wasn't sure on the snowski name to be honest, you caught me :laugh:

The whirlybat is fantastic. Really.

I've already improved it for the next batch too!

And this time, I appear to have had the obligatory prison haircut.

Yes, the next mini vig might explain what keeps happening there :wink:

Um... where's part 4?

Clumsy me, this has happened before hasn't it?

Oh, this Whirlybat. Right. See, when I said I wanted to build a Whirlybat, this wasn't the one I meant. I meant this one, but in blue. I couldn't be bothered to find a picture of the blue one.

Mine's cooler, but glad to see you had a different (and more inferior) idea, looking forward (kinda) to seeing it *cough* :grin:

We both know you're wrong on both counts there. But maybe I could call myself the Punster. Or find a female sidekick and call ourselves Pun and Judy.

*Throws an electric eel at Batbrick*

The Punster: Shocking, isn't it?

Actually, Batbrick's right. Arkham inmates wear orange jumpsuits.

Depends funnily enough, it changes under artist's interpretation, but I personally always liked that rare orange straitjacket from the 70's and occasional modern story.

Anyway, thanks.

Ah yes, you have cemented yourself in Bat Lego Legend now, even ThePenguin is chipping in!

It's great to be the one who started something. Granted, not a MOC theme, but still.

The white wheel arches came in the ambulance city set if you are interested, glad you like the van mod.

I decided a while ago that mine needed bley and white wheel arches, rather than the black ones from the official model. But not having got any yet, I haven't got round to it. There are also some in the Doctor's Car, which is cheaper, so I might see if I can pick that up sometime.

And the villain I've converted the truck for will kill you! :skull:

:oh::cry_sad:

Did you like the "mod of mocs" bit?

Yeah. Afterall, whoever said that it's only a MOD if it was an official model?

Yes, the next mini vig might explain what keeps happening there :wink:

Ooh...

Mine's cooler, but glad to see you had a different (and more inferior) idea, looking forward (kinda) to seeing it *cough* :grin:

What? It's 60s chic at it's best!

Depends funnily enough, it changes under artist's interpretation, but I personally always liked that rare orange straitjacket from the 70's and occasional modern story.

Paul Dini's Detective Comics run has been usuing orange, for example. Harley in an orange jumpsuit. :wub:

Penguin's U99 Sub:

p1230570.jpg

Another one I'm particularly proud of. All shooters removed and replaced with a smooth outside.

That sub is really really nice.

Like your red-black truck too.

Moc-away

Front

Droooooooooool :oh:

I :wub: that Harley truck and two face van!!!

I never liked the robin gear but I enjoyed your renditions

The gyro (mmm... greek pita) is very cute.

I never liked the u99 but nice job with the space and Exelcior with the arkham tower!!!

You made a disasterous mistake look really good!