SaperPL

[MOC] Mini sport car with full sized V6 at the front [Free Instructions]

16 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Nice little car. Kind of reminds me of a suzuki cappuchino... Exept for the carbureted engine. The bodystyle looks way too modern to still run a carburetor fuel setup imo.

Thanks!

And yeah, it's a mashup of what I could manage to do. I wanted to add some kind of detail to the engine that would explain the bulge in the hood as I didn't have any other idea to make the hood look someone not too plain. Everything's connected here xD

@SaperPL Haha I feel you :grin:

I make hood vents to make the hood less plain and to make the car look more agressive :laugh:

Edited by Gray Gear

This is great, like somone got a 70s MG put some massive truck/aircraft engine into it, probably idles at highway speeds.

at .6ml per cylinder scaled up from 1/18th its a 20.9lt engine

Edited by That_LEGO_Guy

12 hours ago, SaperPL said:

I finished this model

Final model is really nice !! Elegant with just the right parts usage. I dare say you have achieved perfection on this one!

10 minutes ago, iLego said:

Final model is really nice !! Elegant with just the right parts usage. I dare say you have achieved perfection on this one!

Well, thanks. The chassis may seem perfect in comparison to previous iterations, it's still has the shortcoming of slightly reduced turn angle, but for a manual/static model is okay. The rear axle is slightly overusing this specific 3L wheel attachment piece, so it could be improved, but I wanted to have both wheel and differential fixed rigidly in place. The body on the other hand has a lot of quirks and it's only to show what can be done at this scale.

We could have slightly different finish of the body like from the original car transporter's carried car, how the mustang GT500 looks (I actually ripped of ideas for the front from that set), or something like @dickylaban's corolla:

But the core point here is that Lego could do a lot better with models at car transporter scale (this model is even smaller and has full size engine and doors + hood and trunk opening), and we get models like corvette ZR1 and the GT500, so in that sense I think it's a perfect example to prove this point :)

I made some comparison to car transport set thanks to @JunkstyleGio's studio model:

fgKnaSZh.png

kEZPk3vh.png

VaCfYx5h.png

zffafmeh.png

5DhPnJoh.png

uvnRIHXh.png

Hopefully it explains the size well. Seems like Suzuku Cappucino would actually be a good size reference for this car in context of car transporter set.

23 hours ago, SaperPL said:

Well, thanks. The chassis may seem perfect in comparison to previous iterations, it's still has the shortcoming of slightly reduced turn angle, but for a manual/static model is okay. The rear axle is slightly overusing this specific 3L wheel attachment piece, so it could be improved, but I wanted to have both wheel and differential fixed rigidly in place. The body on the other hand has a lot of quirks and it's only to show what can be done at this scale.

We could have slightly different finish of the body like from the original car transporter's carried car, how the mustang GT500 looks (I actually ripped of ideas for the front from that set), or something like @dickylaban's corolla:

But the core point here is that Lego could do a lot better with models at car transporter scale (this model is even smaller and has full size engine and doors + hood and trunk opening), and we get models like corvette ZR1 and the GT500, so in that sense I think it's a perfect example to prove this point :)

Your final model is very nice.
I agree with you, the small size car model is very interesting & challenging to built.
I hope the part#71708 & 80286 will be available in more color in the future, this will help a lot to create a good looking model.
Currently only the white one is the only one that have complete parts that very useful for creating a small model.

2 minutes ago, JunkstyleGio said:

Thanks for using my model of the trailer as a reference,

Thanks for sharing the model, I wouldn't go through all of the steps in instruction to build in in studio, it'd be too much work. I did it once with senna set and it's painful to look for parts and jumping through instruction pages like this :)

For the new model there may be some excitement, but it's a time consuming chore, so thanks again for making it when the set was released.