phmzt

42141 McLaren Formula 1™ - Mods and Improvements

9 hours ago, Pato Sentado said:

I still think Charger wheels would fit better, at least in front

Far too small, no? Don’t they both use the same rim?

Edited by Bartybum

Good morning, all!

For the front, try 15038 wheels (spines-out) and 56907 tyres. Remove the round 2x2 blue plate from the back side of the wheel covers.

Quick and easy improvement, if you can put up with the different tread ☺️

NTUQPHg.jpeg

Edited by JRS86

I don't suppose any one can look into making a very small paddle shifter mechanism using the two new 1x2 curved panels as pawls, maybe in a way where they work both as the stepper mechanism and the pusher that moves the knob wheel? I'm working on it but I get impatient/bored very easily.

I just borrowed the two new 1x2 panels from the spoiler of the 42141 and put a white rubber band on them which was tentioned by two pegs that were 4L away from the panels. but they just kept getting pulled in because the knob wheel had too much clearence as to not keep the panels at a certain angle in which they always keep the rubber bands in tention. (yes the panels are on frictionless pins so they can pivot)

Playing around with wheel covers, as “williamyzfr1” pointed out about working within confines on current wheel/rim -  combination Lego 2x2 Macaroni mod, with possible addition of Google colours.

51980368873_46d1ecf5c8_c_d.jpg

51980577204_ae2d6ff1ab_c_d.jpg

LEGO Dots 41950 Set almost gets you there for the Google Macaroni colours

My build is not finished but yes, those wheelcovers are exactly like what I came up with.I am just awaiting delivery of the wheel centres (1x1 circular gold tiles) and revised sticker set..

MNML3871-1.jpg

Edited by williamyzfr1

7 hours ago, LegoHoops said:

Playing around

Good. But still, there is need for different tires, or then some large dishes needs to be added, so they cover part of wheels.

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

Good. But still, there is need for different tires, or then some large dishes needs to be added, so they cover part of wheels.

Unfortunately the supplied wheel covers look hideous to me and I cannot think of a better fix with available parts. I did try to utilise the supplied wheel covers and incorporate my own design but the limitations of Lego meant they protruded far to much from the wheel. 

I personally am happier with my result, which I admit is far from perfect to a critical eye and not to scale.

Edited by williamyzfr1

Hi guys, I add one more BuWizz motor to improve the power output, please refer to the YT video. Wish you all like it.

Edited by WW Bricks Studio

2 hours ago, dachi said:

hello, is there any instrunction i could follow to build this? thanks!

Hello, you can find my MOC here; https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-127443/EricMunsters/f1-2022-alternate-42141/#details

Sorry but i isn't for free. It took some time (with sometimes sleepless nights) to, first build it, and then also make the instruction (used my youngest daughter as testsubject to see if all was correct)

I recently received all the parts required to fit 42171 wheels to this model from Lego. IMHO the new tyres and wheelcovers etc from 42171 are exactly what should have been supplied for this model originally.