Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

9 hours ago, Taija71A said:

Just FYI...  I also live in Canada and can highly vouch for ordering direct from CaDA.                                                                                       Their Shipping to Canada is always exemplary and they also notify you -- Once your order has been sent.

______

Amazing, thank you!! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I just needed to hear confirmation from another Canadian for my own sanity 🤣. Thank you again!

A short while back i asked the forum for advice and thoughts on none-lego lego and was directed to this thread... I was initially nervous about spending the money and getting something sub-standard. 

Add to that that i'm not really a car guy... But i'm so impressed with this AMG set, its going to be my xmas present to myself!

@brunojj1 , you should very proud of this set. I've just watched a speedbuild and it looks brilliant. (realistic suspension at last!!). I've no idea of your background, but to be a designer of such a set that is now in production is every moc-ers dream. Well done. 

I've noticed there are some negative comments above... I think they're just jealous. Haters are gonna hate. Leave them too it. I got my first technic set in 1979, the mighty 851, and have been playing with technic ever since, so for what its worth, my 40 years of experience thinks this set is excellent. 

I refuse to pay what TLG think is an acceptable price and thought i'd not being getting a set this year - i'd have just moc'd and still had the time of my life! But there's something about opening bags of new lego and building a flagship. Cada/brunojj have saved my xmas!!!

@eric trax ..i don't suppose, seeing as you're an agri guy, there's any chance of a 3000+ piece tractor flagship coming from you/cada is there?! TLG have failed over the years.... Perhaps the new Case IH quadtrac 715?!

13 hours ago, amorti said:

There's only two ways I can see that happening, either one of the motors is wired back to front or you got the bevel gears on the spoiler backwards but both left and right sides.

The motor being backwards seems more likely. It should be possible to figure out which is wrong by exactly following the setup instructions in the manual.

I guess the correct solution is to tell CaDA what happened and have them send a replacement motor, but if it's the motor in the spoiler it's not easy to access.

If you wanted to fix it without a big rebuild, maybe you could use a longer axle for the drive gear of the door mechanism and put that on the other side of the driven gears?

Followed your advice and verified that all the gears are where they should be.  In checking the instructions for the buttons I was able to verify that the doors are behaving incorrectly and the spoiler is correct. Gonna reach out to cada and see about a replacement. In the meantime I did put in a longer stud and swap the bevel gear to the front of the door gearbox however that did add a bit of flex in the new stud and causes the doors to struggle to open.  Thankfully its a temporary fix and just proves that motor is somehow wrong as there is no way the gears for the door could be backwards.

Thanks again for getting back to me so quick.

Edited by arcticgenes

I think the easiest solution would be to reverse the gears in the linear actuators.

I believe CaDA will send a motor, but you'll have to wait for it from China.

Still, glad you've worked out the problem and have some options to solve.

@arcticgenes :  Are you sure that the M-motors spin in different directions? I can't believe that. Please don't bother the CaDA customer service if the motors are intact, that't ridiculous. 

It has nothing to do with the direction of the buttons on the remote - obviously you can switch them one way or the other. Both functions are on the same channel (yellow).

Most likely you have confused the tan 12z gears and put them on the wrong side - is that possible? Please check one more time. 

800x450.JPG

15 hours ago, amorti said:

So, which CaDA model should I present next?

Is the group interested in e.g. the Alfa f1 car?

I would definitely be interested!

Been trying to get my hands on one but it's not available in Austria yet, and having little to no experience importing from China (customs, warranty, etc.) I might have to hold out just a little longer.

Nice vid:

Edited by gethema

14 hours ago, amorti said:

Is the group interested in e.g. the Alfa f1 car?

Yes! Definitely! It is already pre-ordered as a Christmas present to myself!

@brunojj1, do you know if it is possible to request a sticker sheet from CaDa?

Edited by Stephan

21 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

@arcticgenes :  Are you sure that the M-motors spin in different directions? I can't believe that. Please don't bother the CaDA customer service if the motors are intact, that't ridiculous. 

It has nothing to do with the direction of the buttons on the remote - obviously you can switch them one way or the other. Both functions are on the same channel (yellow).

Most likely you have confused the tan 12z gears and put them on the wrong side - is that possible? Please check one more time. 

800x450.JPG

Checked them multiple times and the tan gears are good.  I also checked the toggle switches on the remote and everything is correct and when I press the top right button the spoiler raises as expected and bottom right lowers the spoiler as expected so that part of the equation is correct.  Whatever is reversed is purely on the door side of the equation hence why flipping the 12z gear to the front instead of the back "solved" the issue.  I tested and both motors are spinning in the same direction so now I'm even more confused.  Here are pictures of the gears in question (I redid the door bevel gear to verify rotation.  Everything looks right to me

.ADCreHdZFwtrbvXn2fbcHay0rK8uXy4UObgXfInLADCreHcX8XtGO148SOVM-AQ0Yi05qLvGb3XXuTP5ADCreHdRRZJoSuEiMOIDHkZ7cviWkTk7D8xDrjB-

Edited by arcticgenes
grammar

@arcticgenes : It's very simple:  1) If both motors spin in the same direction (as they should); 2) if you've put all bevel gears according to the instructions and (according to the pictures you are showing us); 3) both motors marked yellow are routed to the same distributor connected to the yellow hub on the battery - everything should be fine! Means doors go up and wing goes down and the other way around by pushing the same button, no matter which direction is switched on the remote. I don't understand what you mean by "redid the door bevel gear" because what you are showing us is correct and should work as supposed. Don't trick / confuse yourself :laugh_hard:

The gears are definitely correct so yes if the doors and spoiler are going up/down together rather than opposing, then one of the motors is wired incorrectly.

As above, either request a new motor if you don't mind waiting for it, or swap the bevel gears on both linear actuators if space allows (no parts required but hard to access and you'll be tight against the lighting wires), or figure a way to swap the bevel gear at the doors (motor and gears are accessible but there is a pin in the hole directly opposite so not as easy as it looks to change).

It's the first one I've heard where it was wired wrong and 9/10 times it wouldn't matter anyway, but this time it's half of a pair.

@amorti : why should he request a new motor if both motors correctly spin in the same direction? From the "error description" I can read that the error is not in the art but in the artificer and we didn't get the full picture :wink:

22 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

@amorti : why should he request a new motor if both motors correctly spin in the same direction? From the "error description" I can read that the error is not in the art but in the artificer and we didn't get the full picture :wink:

Can be I misunderstood, but here's what I got:

He expects the doors to go up while the spoiler goes down as in the instructions.

He has the gears all correct as the instructions.

It's not working as expected, so must be one motor is reversed.

Did you take different notes?

10 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

@arcticgenes : It's very simple:  1) If both motors spin in the same direction (as they should); 2) if you've put all bevel gears according to the instructions and (according to the pictures you are showing us); 3) both motors marked yellow are routed to the same distributor connected to the yellow hub on the battery - everything should be fine! Means doors go up and wing goes down and the other way around by pushing the same button, no matter which direction is switched on the remote. I don't understand what you mean by "redid the door bevel gear" because what you are showing us is correct and should work as supposed. Don't trick / confuse yourself :laugh_hard:

My comment on the door bevel gear was that for the purpose of the picture I put it back to the way the instructions say it should be because I had done amorti's suggestion prior as a temporary fix and moved that bevel gear to be in front of the 2 door gears at the end of an 6L axle.

So as the pictures show, everything is assembled correctly and both are plugged into yellow as both motors react at the same time when a yellow button on the remote is pushed.

When I press the top yellow button, both motors spin counter clockwise when looking at the motor head on.  Bottom button is clockwise.  This raises and lowers the spoiler as expected based on the instructions at the end that show what the buttons should do.

It seems like one of the motors has to spin a different direction for the inverse or there has to be gearing in place to flip the rotation before connecting with the spoiler or door actuators...

@brunojj1 I'd love for nothing more than for this to be user error and I'm open to help finding my mistake if I made one.  I'll gladly send pictures and video of whatever you would like to see to help diagnose where i've gone wrong.

Edited by arcticgenes

9 hours ago, arcticgenes said:

It seems to me that you make things overcomplicated. Do the doors still rise with the spoiler or does the spoiler drop while the doors open - as it should? So after you have corrected whatever had to be corrected, everything built after the instructions - where is the issue NOW? Since you keep telling me about the buttons on the remote - there is a black switch on each channel where you can reverse the direction if you don't like it the other way around!

400x251.jpg

36 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

It seems to me that you make things overcomplicated. Do the doors still rise with the spoiler or does the spoiler drop while the doors open - as it should? So after you have corrected whatever had to be corrected, everything built after the instructions - where is the issue NOW? Since you keep telling me about the buttons on the remote - there is a black switch on each channel where you can reverse the direction if you don't like it the other way around!

400x251.jpg

But there's exactly the problem. He didn't make a mistake, and yet the doors go up simultaneously with the spoiler going up. It means that one motor is wired in reverse.

Since the two function motors are hard coupled through a junction box, you cannot reverse one without reversing the other.

Edited by amorti

22 minutes ago, amorti said:

But there's exactly the problem. He didn't make a mistake, and yet the doors go up simultaneously with the spoiler going up. It means that one motor is wired in reverse.

Since the two function motors are hard coupled through a junction box, you cannot reverse one without reversing the other.

I don't know what you are trying to prove to me. He already confirmed that both motors spin in the same direction. Please let himself answer my last question.

Me neither at this point. He's told us the functions are not mirrored, shown us the gears are correct, but also told us the motors spin the same direction as expected (I had missed that point). Those things can't all be true.

Feels like a video to explain the problem would be best.

Edited by amorti

here are the facts:

1) from what I can tell I built everything correctly

2) I believe the motors are both spinning the same way but you can tell for yourself in the videos

3) when either button is pushed the doors and the spoiler go in the same direction (top button everything goes up, bottom button everything goes down).  Based on the instruction manual the spoiler is going in the direction it should, however the doors are not.

ADCreHfKo5Sy3D4KKiG7dS5AB25tEPEgcOQG4cnA

4)  i'm hitting the yellow button and both motors are reacting so I have both yellows plugged into the splitter and the splitter plugged into the yellow port on the battery box.

Videos as requested:

Looks like i'm not the only one whose stuff is not functioning as expected.  Here is a reviewer whose doors and spoiler are doing the same thing mine is.

Edited by arcticgenes

Did you use the parts from the set or replace your worm gears by Lego parts? This is the root of you problem - just compare with your car:

800x450.JPG

640x434.JPG640x360.JPG

The shown parts are from my stock. I keep both brands separately. The threads are all the same from either brand in my stock.

Edited by brunojj1

The only parts I used that weren't from the set were the yellow knob gears for the pullback gearing based on Amorti's suggestion.  Everything else is from the bags in the box.

So, thats the part I need to get replaced.  The motors are fine, its the stupid worm gear that was built wrong.

ADCreHcsypCgb6XiTNjm-jo2ovcsM46PUrXZRQhK

Edited by arcticgenes

Woah, CADA has a reverse thread worm gear! That would have been really handy to have in some situations

Whoa, that'll be easily mixed up with the "regular" type by consumers, unless (and probably even though) clear callouts bring attention to choosing the correct type for that specific step.

If this were done by LEGO, I'm certain that the two orientations would be colour-coded to reduce mistakes, but from what I've read here that's uncommon with CaDa.

36 minutes ago, arcticgenes said:

The only parts I used that weren't from the set were the yellow knob gears for the pullback gearing based on Amorti's suggestion.  Everything else is from the bags in the box.

So, thats the part I need to get replaced.  The motors are fine, its the stupid worm gear that was built wrong.

If that's true, sorry for that, though it's not my fault. Please issue a customer complaint to the dealer where you have bought the set (or CaDA directly). I'm happy we could sort that out and I will direct your complaint to the boss himself. The employee responsible for the wild "mix" should get fired.

Edited by brunojj1

25 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

If that's true, sorry for that, though it's not my fault. Please issue a customer complaint to the dealer where you have bought the set (or CaDA directly). I'm happy we could sort that out and I will direct your complaint to the boss himself. The responsible employee responsible for the wild "mix" should get fired.

yup, i'll be reaching out to them today.  I ordered my set directly from the Double E cada site and judging by the fact that they don't produce these parts 2 at a time, I doubt i'm the only one who got a bad set of gears.

While none of this is obviously your fault @brunojj1 I’m still very appreciative for your help in sorting this issue out.  I’ve bought a lot of your designs and will continue to do so based on your continued support of this community.

Big thanks to @amorti as well for the initial workaround and troubleshooting steps.

Edited by arcticgenes